Edit History

tbgg

tbgg

spacer.png                       Meryelle "Mery" Keryndon

Level 4 Half-Elf Sage College of Lore Bard

AC: 13 (Leather Armor) | HP: 30/30 | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses:  Darkvision 60 ft; Passive Perception 11, Passive Insight 11, Passive Investigation 14
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+4) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 14 (+2) | Wis: 11 (+0) | Cha: 18 (+6)
Languages:  Common, Elven, Solamnic, Kharolian, and Draconic
Spell-casting: +6 or DC 141st 4/4 2nd 3/3 | Bardic Inspiration: 4/4

“My words,” | ‘My thoughts,’ | My actions

On the Way to the Folketh Barony

Mery finds herself happy to see Jarnathan among the elders walking with her to the Folketh lands - that elder had spunk! "I just wanted to tell you, Jarnathan," she tells the elder with a friendly smile, "how much I appreciated the way you handled Lord Bakaris back in Vogler. I loved how you shot holes in his silly idea and put him in his place!"

As they are walking, three different bits of information come together in her head, and then an idea pops into existence. She spends a short while thinking through what would be needed, and then tells the elder, "I just had an idea for helping the men of Vogler, and I think you might be the perfect person to take point, because it really needs a man and not a woman to get things started. I'll need to do a bit of shopping first, and it won't even make sense to start until we have everyone situated in some kind of shelter, but when the time seems right, I'm going to come find you, okay, Jarnathan?"

They walk on a little further, and she says, "Something else that might be a neat thing to do at some point after everyone gets situated in some kind of shelter is to build a memorial for all of the people who died at High Hill and during the evacuation. I'm not any kind of crafter, but I figure you probably know who in the village is. Those people could figure out something they can build or make to honor those who died and give it a prominent place where as many people as possible can see it and know that their loved one isn't forgotten and then mourners could leave little offerings like flowers or small things that remind them of their loved one. What do you think about that idea, Jarnathan?"

At the Folketh Barony

Mery looks around and is a little dismayed the state of disrepair the Folketh holdings are in, but at the same time finds it understandable given how long the family has been away. 'There's a lot of work to be done here. That will at least be good for keeping the villagers busy.'

When the farmers come out bearing weaponry, improvised and otherwise, she holds up her hands with palms facing outward in a gesture of peace. "Easy, friend," she tells the lead man, quickly searching her memory for who these "Duskridge bastards" might be. Fortunately, she remembers reading about them - they are a noble family of Kalaman with a baronetcy she figures is probably next to the Folketh Barony - which explains why the farmers think her group is trying to take over the land.

"We don't have anything to do with the Duskridge family - we come bearing news of the Folkeths. A member of that family has returned to Kalaman!"  She gives the man several seconds to digest this news. "Now would you and your friends put the weapons down, please?" Assuming the man does so and calls off his friends, she continues, "My name is Mery Keryndon, and I am a bard." She then quotes, "'How do you know a thing is true? A bard has said it.'" Mery hopes to the high heavens that this man subscribes to that belief. "Now, on behalf of that returned family member, I need to speak to whoever's in charge around here - would that be you, good sir?"

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Movement:

Object Interaction:

Mount Action:

'

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Shortbow (simple, ranged, ammunition, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target.
                                                                                   Hit:  (1d6 + 2) piercing damage. 

Dagger (light, ranged or melee). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/80 ft., one target.
                                                   Hit: (1d4 + 2) piercing damage.
                                                                   Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.

Hit: (1d4+2) piercing damage.

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.

Bardic Inspiration (3 per long rest, for 1d6)

As a bonus action, a creature (other than yourself) within 60 ft. that can hear you gains an inspiration die (1d6). For 10 minutes, the creature can add it to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. This can be added after seeing the roll, but before knowing the outcome.

Heat Metal

Until the spell ends (up to 1 minute), you can use a bonus action on each of your subsequent turns to cause this damage (1d8 fire damage for each level the spell is cast at, minimum 2nd level) again.

Ammunition:

14 arrows in quiver, 0 arrow bundles in backpack.

Spellcasting:

Mery is a 2nd-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following bard spells available for spontaneous casting: 

• Cantrips (3/3 slots): prestidigitation, vicious mockery, message
  • 1st level (4/4 slots): healing word, hideous laughter, cure wounds, unseen servant
  • 2nd (3/3 slots): invisibility, heat metal, enhance ability

Class Features:

• 3/3 Bardic Inspiration, recovered after a long rest
  • Song of Rest (Use on any short rest - anyone who hears her performance and chooses to regain a hit die gains an extra 1d6 of HP.)
  • Jack of All Trades (add 1/2 proficiency bonus, rounded down, to any ability check you make that doesn't already include your proficiency bonus.)
  • Bardic College = College of Lore. Gain expertise in 2 skills you already have proficiency in, and proficiency in 3 new skills. (Choosing Persuasion and Deception for Expertise, adding Nature, Stealth, and Religion for Proficiency.)

OOC

OOC comments, if I have them, go here.

tbgg

tbgg

Senses:  Darkvision 60 ft; Passive Perception 11, Passive Insight 11, Passive Investigation 14
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+4) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 14 (+2) | Wis: 11 (+0) | Cha: 18 (+6)

Mery finds herself happy to see Jarnathan among the elders walking with her to the Folketh lands - that elder had spunk! "I just wanted to tell you, Jarnathan," she tells the elder with a friendly smile, "how much I appreciated the way you handled Lord Bakaris back in Vogler. I loved how you shot holes in his silly idea and put him in his place!"

As they are walking, three different bits of information come together in her head, and then an idea pops into existence. She spends a short while thinking through what would be needed, and then tells the elder, "I just had an idea for helping the men of Vogler, and I think you might be the perfect person to take point, because it really needs a man and not a woman to get things started. I'll need to do a bit of shopping first, and it won't even make sense to start until we have everyone situated in some kind of shelter, but when the time seems right, I'm going to come find you, okay, Jarnathan?"

They walk on a little further, and she says, "Something else that might be a neat thing to do at some point after everyone gets situated in some kind of shelter is to build a memorial for all of the people who died at High Hill and during the evacuation. I'm not any kind of crafter, but I figure you probably know who in the village is. Those people could figure out something they can build or make to honor those who died and give it a prominent place where as many people as possible can see it and know that their loved one isn't forgotten and then mourners could leave little offerings like flowers or small things that remind them of their loved one. What do you think about that idea, Jarnathan?"

At the Folketh Barony

Mery looks around and is a little dismayed the state of disrepair the Folketh holdings are in, but at the same time finds it understandable given how long the family has been away. 'There's a lot of work to be done here. That will at least be good for keeping the villagers busy.'

When the farmers come out bearing weaponry, improvised and otherwise, she holds up her hands with palms facing outward in a gesture of peace. "Easy, friend," she tells the lead man, quickly searching her memory for who these "Duskridge bastards" might be. Fortunately, she remembers reading about them - they are a noble family of Kalaman with a baronetcy she figures is probably next to the Folketh Barony - which explains why the farmers think her group is trying to take over the land.

"We don't have anything to do with the Duskridge family - we come bearing news of the Folkeths. A member of that family has returned to Kalaman!"  She gives the man several seconds to digest this news. "Now would you and your friends put the weapons down, please?" Assuming the man does so and calls off his friends, she continues, "My name is Mery Keryndon, and I am a bard." She then quotes, "'How do you know a thing is true? A bard has said it.'" Mery hopes to the high heavens that this man subscribes to that belief. "Now, on behalf of that returned family member, I need to speak to whoever's in charge around here - would that be you, good sir?"

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Movement:

Object Interaction:

Mount Action:

'

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Shortbow (simple, ranged, ammunition, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target.

Dagger (light, ranged or melee). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/80 ft., one target.

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.

As a bonus action, a creature (other than yourself) within 60 ft. that can hear you gains an inspiration die (1d6). For 10 minutes, the creature can add it to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. This can be added after seeing the roll, but before knowing the outcome.

Heat Metal

Until the spell ends (up to 1 minute), you can use a bonus action on each of your subsequent turns to cause this damage (1d8 fire damage for each level the spell is cast at, minimum 2nd level) again.

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Mery is a 2nd-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following bard spells available for spontaneous casting: 

• 1st level (4/4 slots): healing word, hideous laughter, cure wounds, unseen servant

Class Features:

• Song of Rest (Use on any short rest - anyone who hears her performance and chooses to regain a hit die gains an extra 1d6 of HP.)
  • Jack of All Trades (add 1/2 proficiency bonus, rounded down, to any ability check you make that doesn't already include your proficiency bonus.)
  • Bardic College = College of Lore. Gain expertise in 2 skills you already have proficiency in, and proficiency in 3 new skills. (Choosing Persuasion and Deception for Expertise, adding Nature, Stealth, and Religion for Proficiency.)

OOC

tbgg

tbgg

At the Folketh Barony

"We don't have anything to do with the Duskridge family - we come bearing news of the Folkeths. A member of that family has returned to Kalaman!"  She gives the man several seconds to digest this news. "Now would you and your friends put the weapons down, please?" Assuming the man does so and calls off his friends, she continues, "My name is Mery Keryndon, and I am a bard." She then quotes, "'How do you know a thing is true? A bard has said it.'" Mery hopes to the high heavens that this man subscribes to that belief. "Now, on the behalf of that returned family member, I need to speak to whoever's in charge around here - would that be you, good sir?"

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Movement:

Object Interaction:

Mount Action:

'

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

Heat Metal

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Class Features:

OOC

tbgg

tbgg

At the Folketh Barony

Mery looks around and is a little dismayed the state of disrepair the Folketh holdings are in, but at the same time finds it understandable given how long the Folkeths have been away. 'There's a lot of work to be done here. That will at least be good for keeping the villagers busy.'

"We don't have anything to do with the Duskridge family - we come bearing news of the Folkeths. A member of that family has returned to Kalaman!"  She gives the man several seconds to digest this news. "Now would you and your friends put the weapons down, please?" Assuming the man does so and calls off his friends, she continues, "My name is Mery Keryndon, and I am a bard. If you know anything about bards, you know one of our jobs is to bring news to people like yourself." Mery hopes to the high heavens that this man subscribes to the belief that Lady Michelle spoke of that the news a bard carries has a high likelihood of being true. "Now, on the behalf of that returned family member, I need to speak to whoever's in charge around here - would that be you, good sir?"

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Movement:

Object Interaction:

Mount Action:

'

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

Heat Metal

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Class Features:

OOC

tbgg

tbgg

At the Folketh Barony

Mery looks around and is a little dismayed the state of disrepair the Folketh holdings are in, but at the same time finds it understandable given how long the Folkeths have been away. 'There's a lot of work to be done here. That will at least be good for keeping the villagers busy.'

"We don't have anything to do with the Duskridge family - we come bearing news of the Folkeths. A member of that family has returned to Kalaman!"  She gives the man several seconds to digest this news. "Now would you and your friends put the weapons down, please?" Assuming the man does so and calls off his friends, she continues, "My name is Mery Keryndon, and I am a bard. If you know anything about bards, you know one of our jobs is to bring news to people like yourself." Mery hopes to the high heavens that this man subscribes to the belief that Lady Michelle spoke of that the news a bard carries has a high likelihood of being true. "Now, I need to speak to whoever's in charge around here - would that be you, good sir?"

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Movement:

Object Interaction:

Mount Action:

'

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

Heat Metal

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Class Features:

OOC

tbgg

tbgg

At the Folketh Barony

"We don't have anything to do with the Duskridge family - we come bearing news of the Folkeths. A member of that family has returned to Kalaman!"  She gives the man several seconds to digest this news. "Now would you and your friends put the weapons down, please?" Assuming the man does so and calls off his friends, she continues, "My name is Mery Keryndon, and I am a bard. If you know anything about bards, you know one of our jobs is to bring news to people like yourself." Mery hopes to the high heavens that this man subscribes to the belief that Lady Michelle spoke of that the news a bard carries has a high likelihood of being taken as true. "Now, I need to speak to whoever's in charge around here - would that be you, good sir?"

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Movement:

Object Interaction:

Mount Action:

'

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

Heat Metal

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Class Features:

OOC

tbgg

tbgg

At the Folketh Barony

"We don't have anything to do with the Duskridge family - we come bearing news of the Folkeths. A member of that family has returned to Kalaman!"  She gives the man several seconds to digest this news. "Now would you and your friends put the weapons down, please?" Assuming the man does so and calls off his friends, she continues, "My name is Mery Keryndon, and I am a bard. If you know anything about bards, you know one of our jobs is to bring news to people like yourself." Mery hopes to the high heavens that this man subscribes to the belief that Lady Michelle spoke of that the news a bard carries is generally more likely to be taken as true. "Now, I need to speak to whoever's in charge around here - would that be you, good sir?"

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Movement:

Object Interaction:

Mount Action:

'

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

Heat Metal

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Class Features:

OOC

tbgg

tbgg

At the Folketh Barony

When the farmers come out bearing weaponry, improvised and otherwise, she holds up her hands with palms facing outward in a gesture of peace. "Easy, friend," she tells the lead man, quickly searching her memory for who these "Duskridge bastards" might be. Fortunately, she remembers reading about them - they are a noble family of Kalaman with a baronetcy she figures is probably next to the Folketh Barony - which explains why the farmers think they are trying to take over the land.

"We don't have anything to do with the Duskridge family - we come bearing news of the Folkeths. A member of that family has returned to Kalaman!"  She gives the man several seconds to digest this news. "Now would you and your friends put the weapons down, please?" Assuming the man does so and calls off his friends, she continues, "My name is Mery Keryndon, and I am a bard. If you know anything about bards, you know one of our jobs is to bring news to people like yourself." Mery hopes to the high heavens that this man subscribes to the belief that Lady Michelle spoke of that the news a bard carries is generally more likely to be taken as true. "Now, I need to speak to whoever's in charge around here - would that be you, good sir?"

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Movement:

Object Interaction:

Mount Action:

'

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

Heat Metal

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Class Features:

OOC

tbgg

tbgg

At the Folketh Barony

When the farmers come out bearing weaponry, improvised and otherwise, she holds up her hands with palms facing outward in a gesture of peace. "Easy, friend," she tells the lead man, quickly searching her memory for who these "Duskridge bastards" might be. Fortunately, she remembers reading about them - they are a noble family of Kalaman with a baronetcy she figures is probably next to the Folketh Barony - which explains why the farmers think they are trying to take over the land.

"We don't have anything to do with the Duskridge family - we come bearing news of the Folkeths. A member of that family has returned to Kalaman."  She gives the man several seconds to digest this news. "Now would you and your friends put the weapons down, please?" Assuming the man does so and calls off his friends, she continues, "My name is Mery Keryndon, and I am a bard. If you know anything about bards, you know one of our jobs is to bring news to people like yourself." Mery hopes to the high heavens that this man subscribes to the belief that Lady Michelle spoke of that the news a bard carries is generally more likely to be taken as true. "Now, I need to speak to whoever's in charge around here - would that be you, good sir?"

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Movement:

Object Interaction:

Mount Action:

'

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

Heat Metal

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Class Features:

OOC

tbgg

tbgg

At the Folketh Barony

"We don't have anything to do with the Duskridge family - we come bearing news of the Folkeths!"  She gives the man several seconds to digest this news. "Now would you and your friends put the weapons down, please?" Assuming the man does so and calls off his friends, she continues, "My name is Mery Keryndon, and I am a bard. If you know anything about bards, you know one of our jobs is to bring news to people like yourself." Mery hopes to the high heavens that this man subscribes to the belief that Lady Michelle spoke of that the news a bard carries is generally more likely to be taken as true. "Now, I need to speak to whoever's in charge around here - would that be you, good sir?"

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Movement:

Object Interaction:

Mount Action:

'

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

Heat Metal

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Class Features:

OOC