Edit History

tbgg

tbgg

spacer.png                       Meryelle "Mery" Keryndon

Level 4 Half-Elf Sage College of Lore Bard

AC: 13 (Leather Armor) | HP: 30/30 | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses:  Darkvision 60 ft; Passive Perception 11, Passive Insight 11, Passive Investigation 14
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+4) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 14 (+2) | Wis: 11 (+0) | Cha: 18 (+6)
Languages:  Common, Elven, Solamnic, Kharolian, and Draconic
Spell-casting: +6 or DC 141st 4/4 2nd 3/3 | Bardic Inspiration: 4/4

“My words,” | ‘My thoughts,’ | My actions

On the Way to the Folketh Barony

Mery gives Kai and Modri a smile of welcome when the two men join her and the elders, then says to the Sea Elf, "Oh, I don't know, Kai. We might be okay without you if all we need to do is talk, but if we should need to fight, I think having someone like you and Modri along is a good thing. At the very least, I think the presence of the two of you helps us look less like easy pickings for any unscrupulous sorts we might encounter."

When the Sea Elf offers help with building a memorial, she says, "Oh yes, Raven should be in on it for a number of reasons. Lady Michelle, too, if she's around. I think your trancing ability could be quite useful if there are any skills lacking for whatever they might want to build."

As they walk along, another idea - or rather the possibilities related to an earlier one - pop in her head. She regards the two men with her thoughtfully before saying, "You know, I think there is something either or both of your help would be quite useful for, given you are both comfortable in the outdoors. The idea I told Jarnathan I'd follow up with him about? There's a little outdoor prep work to be done after I do the shopping but before I talk to him, and I think one or both you would be perfect for that. If you agree, I'll find you when I'm ready for you. Any takers?" She gives them both a hopeful look and a smile.

At the Folketh Barony

After Modri steps in front of her, Mery gestures toward him and tells the lead man, "For the most part, he's pretty good about not starting things. There are rumors of this one time, though, when this leader of a gang of five toughs looked at him the wrong way, and Modri took the fight to them, beating all of them by himself and giving the leader this really ugly scar down his cheek and next to his eye. As the story goes, the leader got a lot a lot better at schooling his expression." She grins more than a little maliciously, and hopes Modri won't mind her little fictional rumor.

"I've never seen Modri back down once someone else starts something. You wanna rumble, you'd better be prepared for the fight of your life, 'cause none of us can talk him down once he makes up his mind that's what he wants to do. If you're having trouble with these Duskridge nobles sending people to try to take over Folketh lands, you could do a lot worse than making Modri your friend and getting him to fight on your side. Participating in a nice close fight really makes his day, so if you have any suggestions on where he might find something like that, I'm pretty sure he'd see it as a strong gesture of friendship on your part." She then meets the eyes of each of the farmers in turn, waiting for their response.

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Movement:

Object Interaction:

Mount Action:

'

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Shortbow (simple, ranged, ammunition, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target.
                                                                                   Hit:  (1d6 + 2) piercing damage. 

Dagger (light, ranged or melee). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/80 ft., one target.
                                                   Hit: (1d4 + 2) piercing damage.
                                                                   Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.

Hit: (1d4+2) piercing damage.

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.

Bardic Inspiration (3 per long rest, for 1d6)

As a bonus action, a creature (other than yourself) within 60 ft. that can hear you gains an inspiration die (1d6). For 10 minutes, the creature can add it to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. This can be added after seeing the roll, but before knowing the outcome.

Heat Metal

Until the spell ends (up to 1 minute), you can use a bonus action on each of your subsequent turns to cause this damage (1d8 fire damage for each level the spell is cast at, minimum 2nd level) again.

Ammunition:

14 arrows in quiver, 0 arrow bundles in backpack.

Spellcasting:

Mery is a 2nd-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following bard spells available for spontaneous casting: 

• Cantrips (3/3 slots): prestidigitation, vicious mockery, message
  • 1st level (4/4 slots): healing word, hideous laughter, cure wounds, unseen servant
  • 2nd (3/3 slots): invisibility, heat metal, enhance ability

Class Features:

• 3/3 Bardic Inspiration, recovered after a long rest
  • Song of Rest (Use on any short rest - anyone who hears her performance and chooses to regain a hit die gains an extra 1d6 of HP.)
  • Jack of All Trades (add 1/2 proficiency bonus, rounded down, to any ability check you make that doesn't already include your proficiency bonus.)
  • Bardic College = College of Lore. Gain expertise in 2 skills you already have proficiency in, and proficiency in 3 new skills. (Choosing Persuasion and Deception for Expertise, adding Nature, Stealth, and Religion for Proficiency.)

OOC

OOC comments, if I have them, go here.

tbgg

tbgg

spacer.png                       Meryelle "Mery" Keryndon

Level 4 Half-Elf Sage College of Lore Bard

AC: 13 (Leather Armor) | HP: 30/30 | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses:  Darkvision 60 ft; Passive Perception 11, Passive Insight 11, Passive Investigation 14
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+4) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 14 (+2) | Wis: 11 (+0) | Cha: 18 (+6)
Languages:  Common, Elven, Solamnic, Kharolian, and Draconic
Spell-casting: +6 or DC 141st 4/4 2nd 3/3 | Bardic Inspiration: 4/4

“My words,” | ‘My thoughts,’ | My actions

On the Way to the Folketh Barony

Mery gives Kai and Modri a smile of welcome when the two men join her and the elders, then says to the Sea Elf, "Oh, I don't know, Kai. We might be okay without you if all we need to do is talk, but if we should need to fight, I think having someone like you and Modri along is a good thing. At the very least, I think the presence of the two of you helps us look less like easy pickings for any unscrupulous sorts we might encounter."

When the Sea Elf offers help with building a memorial, she says, "Oh yes, Raven should be in on it for a number of reasons. Lady Michelle, too, if she's around. I think your trancing ability could be quite useful if there are any skills lacking for whatever they might want to build."

As they walk along, another idea - or rather the possibilities related to an earlier one - pop in her head. She regards the two men with her thoughtfully before saying, "You know, I think there is something either or both of your help would be quite useful for, given you are both comfortable in the outdoors. The idea I told Jarnathan I'd follow up with him about? There's a little outdoor prep work to be done after I do the shopping but before I talk to him, and I think one or both you would be perfect for that. If you agree, I'll find you when I'm ready for you. Any takers?" She gives them both a hopeful look and a smile.

At the Folketh Barony

After Modri steps in front of her, Mery gestures toward him and tells the lead man, "For the most part, he's pretty good about not starting things. There are rumors of this one time, though, when this leader of a gang of five toughs looked at him the wrong way, and Modri took the fight to them, beating all of them by himself and giving the leader this really ugly scar down his cheek and next to his eye. As the story goes, the leader got a lot a lot better at schooling his expression." She grins more than a little maliciously, and hopes Modri won't mind her little fictional rumor.

"I've never seen Modri back down once someone else starts something. You wanna rumble, you'd better be prepared for the fight of your life, 'cause none of us can talk him down once he makes up his mind that's what he wants to do. If you're having trouble with these Duskridge nobles sending people to try to take over Folketh lands, you could do a lot worse than making Modri your friend and getting him to fight on your side. Participating in a nice close fight really makes his day, so if you have any suggestions on where he might find something like that, I'm pretty sure he'd see it as a strong gesture of friendship on your part." She then meets the eyes of each of the farmers in turn, waiting for their response.

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Movement:

Object Interaction:

Mount Action:

'

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Shortbow (simple, ranged, ammunition, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target.
                                                                                   Hit:  (1d6 + 2) piercing damage. 

Dagger (light, ranged or melee). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/80 ft., one target.
                                                   Hit: (1d4 + 2) piercing damage.
                                                                   Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.

Hit: (1d4+2) piercing damage.

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.

Bardic Inspiration (3 per long rest, for 1d6)

As a bonus action, a creature (other than yourself) within 60 ft. that can hear you gains an inspiration die (1d6). For 10 minutes, the creature can add it to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. This can be added after seeing the roll, but before knowing the outcome.

Heat Metal

Until the spell ends (up to 1 minute), you can use a bonus action on each of your subsequent turns to cause this damage (1d8 fire damage for each level the spell is cast at, minimum 2nd level) again.

Ammunition:

14 arrows in quiver, 0 arrow bundles in backpack.

Spellcasting:

Mery is a 2nd-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following bard spells available for spontaneous casting: 

• Cantrips (3/3 slots): prestidigitation, vicious mockery, message
  • 1st level (4/4 slots): healing word, hideous laughter, cure wounds, unseen servant
  • 2nd (3/3 slots): invisibility, heat metal, enhance ability

Class Features:

• 3/3 Bardic Inspiration, recovered after a long rest
  • Song of Rest (Use on any short rest - anyone who hears her performance and chooses to regain a hit die gains an extra 1d6 of HP.)
  • Jack of All Trades (add 1/2 proficiency bonus, rounded down, to any ability check you make that doesn't already include your proficiency bonus.)
  • Bardic College = College of Lore. Gain expertise in 2 skills you already have proficiency in, and proficiency in 3 new skills. (Choosing Persuasion and Deception for Expertise, adding Nature, Stealth, and Religion for Proficiency.)

OOC

OOC comments, if I have them, go here.