Edit History

tbgg

tbgg

spacer.png                       Meryelle "Mery" Keryndon

Level 4 Half-Elf Sage College of Lore Bard

AC: 13 (Leather Armor) | HP: 30/30 | Speed: 30 ft.
Senses:  Darkvision 60 ft; Passive Perception 11, Passive Insight 11, Passive Investigation 14
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+4) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 14 (+2) | Wis: 11 (+0) | Cha: 18 (+6)
Languages:  Common, Elven, Solamnic, Kharolian, and Draconic
Spell-casting: +6 or DC 141st 4/4 2nd 3/3 | Bardic Inspiration: 4/4

“My words,” | ‘My thoughts,’ | My actions

In Kalaman

Mery makes it a point to thank each of the merchants who offers up a donation with a warm smile. "On behalf of the residents of Vogler, we thank you for this. While I do not know when their next gold might be coming, I will make it a point to speak to the elders of the village of your generosity." She then repeats the name and shop name of the donating merchant. With a wink she adds, "I am a merchant's daughter myself - I know well the value of word-of-mouth advertising."

When they are out of earshot of the shop, Mery, feeling sure these donations aren't quite what the Dwarven smith had been hoping for, says to Coltan, "Given your particular talents, it seems like we need to speak to the guild leader or leaders in charge of the various smithing disciplines. We could either head back to the Hammerstrike Forges and ask or else, since we've already worked pretty hard today and it will be nearing sunset by the time we get back to the Folketh Barony, ask at tomorrow's meeting with the city's leaders." If Coltan shows any inclination toward wanting to stay in the city for the night, she will hand him her magic pipes and lute. "For when you identify them," she clarifies. Otherwise, she will wait to hand the two magical instruments over until their arrival back at the Folketh Barony.

spacer.png

At the Folketh Barony

Mery glances up at the sky upon arriving back at the Folketh Barony. 'So much done, and so much still to do. Better be getting started, I guess.'

She first heads to her room and drops off the two drums she purchased. Next, she finds Stebson and pulls out the silver seal and the ring of office she and Coltan had found near Telwyn's Tailorie. She tells him, "I am going to need to show these to the Marquess tomorrow after lunch, but since you indicated earlier that you could identify them, I wanted to ask you to do so before I hand them over for the night. I should like to be certain that these are in fact the correct items and not ...erm... clever copies." Not wanting to even think about the possibilities related to false proof of lineage, she offers them to the steward.

Once Stebson has responded and taken the items related to the proof of lineage into custody for the night, she asks where Lady Michelle is being kept and heads that way. When she arrives, she pulls out the outfit she purchased, the handkerchief she had confiscated and damaged at Lady Michelle's capture, and the weaver's tools. She says to the nearest guard, "I have brought these items for Lady Michelle. You are welcome to search all of it, but I do wish to give them to her personally and to speak with her." She submits to the items being searched and allows her visit to be catalogued by whatever means the knights guarding the door deem necessary. She debates asking about Lady Michelle's frame of mind, but discards the idea, deciding that unless the noblewoman's mood is particularly foul, the knights are unlikely to be aware of it. 'Men,' she thinks ruefully. 'Lady Michelle needs a female servant or companion who will be aware of her moods, but I don't think a lady's maid is the right choice for her, given her past. Perhaps Stebson and that woman who told me about the colors in the Folketh coat of arms can help me figure out a good option.'

Once the guards give permission to enter, she knocks on the door, calling, "Lady Michelle, it is I, Mery. I have come to see how you are doing and to bring you a few things."

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Movement:

Object Interaction:

Mount Action:

'

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Shortbow (simple, ranged, ammunition, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target.
                                                                                   Hit:  (1d6 + 2) piercing damage. 

Dagger (light, ranged or melee). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/80 ft., one target.
                                                   Hit: (1d4 + 2) piercing damage.
                                                                   Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.

Hit: (1d4+2) piercing damage.

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.

Bardic Inspiration (3 per long rest, for 1d6)

As a bonus action, a creature (other than yourself) within 60 ft. that can hear you gains an inspiration die (1d6). For 10 minutes, the creature can add it to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. This can be added after seeing the roll, but before knowing the outcome.

Heat Metal

Until the spell ends (up to 1 minute), you can use a bonus action on each of your subsequent turns to cause this damage (1d8 fire damage for each level the spell is cast at, minimum 2nd level) again.

Ammunition:

14 arrows in quiver, 0 arrow bundles in backpack.

Spellcasting:

Mery is a 2nd-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following bard spells available for spontaneous casting: 

• Cantrips (3/3 slots): prestidigitation, vicious mockery, message
  • 1st level (4/4 slots): healing word, hideous laughter, cure wounds, unseen servant
  • 2nd (3/3 slots): invisibility, heat metal, enhance ability

Class Features:

• 3/3 Bardic Inspiration, recovered after a long rest
  • Song of Rest (Use on any short rest - anyone who hears her performance and chooses to regain a hit die gains an extra 1d6 of HP.)
  • Jack of All Trades (add 1/2 proficiency bonus, rounded down, to any ability check you make that doesn't already include your proficiency bonus.)
  • Bardic College = College of Lore. Gain expertise in 2 skills you already have proficiency in, and proficiency in 3 new skills. (Choosing Persuasion and Deception for Expertise, adding Nature, Stealth, and Religion for Proficiency.)

OOC

OOC comments, if I have them, go here.

tbgg

tbgg

Senses:  Darkvision 60 ft; Passive Perception 11, Passive Insight 11, Passive Investigation 14
Str: 8 (-1) | Dex: 14 (+4) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 14 (+2) | Wis: 11 (+0) | Cha: 18 (+6)

In Kalaman

Mery makes it a point to thank each of the merchants who offers up a donation with a warm smile. "On behalf of the residents of Vogler, we thank you for this. While I do not know when their next gold might be coming, I will make it a point to speak to the elders of the village of your generosity." She then repeats the name and shop name the donating merchant. With a wink she adds, "I am a merchant's daughter myself - I know well the value of word-of-mouth advertising."

When they are out of earshot of the shop, Mery, feeling sure these donations aren't quite what the Dwarven smith had been hoping for, says to Coltan, "Given your particular talents, it seems like we need to speak to the guild leader or leaders in charge of the various smithing disciplines. We could either head back to the Hammerstrike Forges and ask or else, since we've already worked pretty hard today and it will be nearing sunset by the time we get back to the Folketh Barony, ask at tomorrow's meeting with the city's leaders." If Coltan shows any inclination toward wanting to stay in the city for the night, she will hand him her magic pipes and lute. "For when you identify them," she clarifies. Otherwise, she will wait to hand the two magical instruments over until their arrival back at the Folketh Barony.

spacer.png

At the Folketh Barony

Mery glances up at the sky upon arriving back at the Folketh Barony. 'So much done, and so much still to do. Better be getting started, I guess.'

She first heads to her room and drops off the two drums she purchased. Next, she finds Stebson and pulls out the silver seal and the ring of office she and Coltan had found near Telwyn's Tailorie. She tells him, "I am going to need to show these to the Marquess tomorrow after lunch, but since you indicated earlier that you could identify them, I wanted to ask you to do so before I hand them over for the night. I should like to be certain that these are in fact the correct items and not ...erm... clever copies." Not wanting to even think about the possibilities related to false proof of lineage, she offers them to the steward.

Once Stebson has responded and taken the items related to the proof of lineage into custody for the night, she asks where Lady Michelle is being kept and heads that way. When she arrives, she pulls out the outfit she purchased, the handkerchief she had confiscated and damaged at Lady Michelle's capture, and the weaver's tools. She says to the nearest guard, "I have brought these items for Lady Michelle. You are welcome to search all of it, but I do wish to give them to her personally and to speak with her." She submits to the items being searched and allows her visit to be catalogued by whatever means the knights guarding the door deem necessary. She debates asking about Lady Michelle's frame of mind, but discards the idea, deciding that unless the noblewoman's mood is particularly foul, the knights are unlikely to be aware of it. 'Men,' she thinks ruefully. 'Lady Michelle needs a female servant or companion who will be aware of her moods, but I don't think a lady's maid is the right choice for her, given her past. Perhaps Stebson and that woman who told me about the colors in the Folketh coat of arms can help me figure out a good option.'

Once the guards give permission to enter, she knocks on the door, calling, "Lady Michelle, it is I, Mery. I have come to see how you are doing and to bring you a few things."

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Movement:

Object Interaction:

Mount Action:

'

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Shortbow (simple, ranged, ammunition, two-handed). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 80/320 ft., one target.

Dagger (light, ranged or melee). Ranged Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, ranged 20/80 ft., one target.

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

A creature of your choice that you can see within range regains hit points equal to 1d4 + your spellcasting ability modifier. This spell has no effect on undead or constructs.

At Higher Levels. When you cast this spell using a spell slot of 2nd level or higher, the healing increases by 1d4 for each slot level above 1st.

As a bonus action, a creature (other than yourself) within 60 ft. that can hear you gains an inspiration die (1d6). For 10 minutes, the creature can add it to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw. This can be added after seeing the roll, but before knowing the outcome.

Heat Metal

Until the spell ends (up to 1 minute), you can use a bonus action on each of your subsequent turns to cause this damage (1d8 fire damage for each level the spell is cast at, minimum 2nd level) again.

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Mery is a 2nd-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 13, +5 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following bard spells available for spontaneous casting: 

• 1st level (4/4 slots): healing word, hideous laughter, cure wounds, unseen servant

Class Features:

• Song of Rest (Use on any short rest - anyone who hears her performance and chooses to regain a hit die gains an extra 1d6 of HP.)
  • Jack of All Trades (add 1/2 proficiency bonus, rounded down, to any ability check you make that doesn't already include your proficiency bonus.)
  • Bardic College = College of Lore. Gain expertise in 2 skills you already have proficiency in, and proficiency in 3 new skills. (Choosing Persuasion and Deception for Expertise, adding Nature, Stealth, and Religion for Proficiency.)

OOC

OOC comments, if I have them, go here.

tbgg

tbgg

In Kalaman

Mery makes it a point to thank each of the merchants who offers up a donation with a warm smile. "On behalf of the residents of Vogler, we thank you for this. While I do not know when their next gold might be coming, I will make it a point to speak to the elders of the village of your generosity." She then repeats the name and shop name the donating merchant. With a wink she adds, "I am a merchant's daughter myself - I know well the value of word-of-mouth advertising."

spacer.png

At the Folketh Barony

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Movement:

Object Interaction:

Mount Action:

'

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

Heat Metal

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Class Features:

OOC

Rin: Disregard the Deception check - it's no longer needed.

tbgg

tbgg

In Kalaman

spacer.png

At the Folketh Barony

Once Stebson has responded and taken the items related to the proof of lineage into custody for the night, she asks where Lady Michelle is being kept and heads that way. When she arrives, she pulls out the outfit she purchased, the handkerchief she had confiscated and damaged at Lady Michelle's capture, and the weaver's tools. She says to the nearest guard, "I have brought these items for Lady Michelle. You are welcome to search all of it, but I do wish to give them to her personally and to speak with her." She submits to the items being searched and allows her visit to be catalogued by whatever means the knights guarding the door deem necessary. She debates asking about Lady Michelle's frame of mind, but discards the idea, deciding that unless the noblewoman's mood is particularly foul, the knights are unlikely to be aware of it. 'Men,' she thinks ruefully. 'Lady Michelle needs a female servant or companion who will be aware of her moods, but I don't think a lady's maid is the right choice for her, given her past. Perhaps Stebson and that woman who told me about the colors in the coat of arms can help me figure out a good option.'

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Movement:

Object Interaction:

Mount Action:

'

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

Heat Metal

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Class Features:

OOC

tbgg

tbgg

In Kalaman

spacer.png

At the Folketh Barony

Once Stebson has responded and taken the items related to the proof of lineage into custody for the night, she asks where Lady Michelle is being kept and heads that way. When she arrives, she pulls out the outfit she purchased, the handkerchief she had confiscated and damaged at Lady Michelle's capture, and the weaver's tools. She says to the nearest guard, "I have brought these items for Lady Michelle. You are welcome to search all of it, but I do wish to give them to her personally and to speak with her." She submits to the items being searched and allows her visit to be catalogued by whatever means the knights guarding the door deem necessary. She debates asking about Lady Michelle's frame of mind, but discards the idea, deciding that unless the noblewoman's mood is particularly foul, the knights are unlikely to be aware of it. 'Men,' she thinks ruefully.

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Movement:

Object Interaction:

Mount Action:

'

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

Heat Metal

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Class Features:

OOC

tbgg

tbgg

In Kalaman

At the Folketh Barony

Once Stebson has responded and taken the items related to the proof of lineage into custody for the night, she asks where Lady Michelle is being kept and heads that way. When she arrives, she pulls out the outfit she purchased, the handkerchief she had confiscated and damaged at Lady Michelle's capture, and the weaver's tools. She says to the nearest guard, "I have brought these items for Lady Michelle. You are welcome to search all of it, but I do wish to give them to her personally and to speak with her." She submits to the items being searched and allows her visit to be catalogued by whatever means the knights guarding the door deem necessary. She debates asking about Lady Michelle's frame of mind, but discards the idea, deciding that unless the noblewoman's mood is particularly foul, the knights are unlikely to be aware of it. 'Men,' she thinks ruefully.

OOC

Action:

Bonus Action:

Reaction:

Movement:

Object Interaction:

Mount Action:

'

Actions & Resources

Actions:

Bonus Actions:

Healing Word

Heat Metal

Ammunition:

Spellcasting:

Class Features:

OOC