Edit History

BobtheWizard

BobtheWizard

6 minutes ago, SMARTAgentKC said:

technically speaking by the DMG rulebook when you start at anything from level 1 to 4 you start with the starting equipment and that's it

However for this game I'm allowing people to get whatever they want/need (within reasonable limits) from the adventure gear, weapons, armor, and tool lists that they want plus a choice of a +1 weapon or any common magic item as long as they tie it to their backstory. My goal in doing this is to not prevent anyone from being able to use all their abilities at their disposal just because they didn't have a particular item on hand from just starting equipment and background equipment.

I had only started with chainmail. Should I switch to splint or plate? Probably not plate.

Oh, and can you move PixCO's character thread to this game?

BobtheWizard

BobtheWizard

4 minutes ago, SMARTAgentKC said:

technically speaking by the DMG rulebook when you start at anything from level 1 to 4 you start with the starting equipment and that's it

However for this game I'm allowing people to get whatever they want/need (within reasonable limits) from the adventure gear, weapons, armor, and tool lists that they want plus a choice of a +1 weapon or any common magic item as long as they tie it to their backstory. My goal in doing this is to not prevent anyone from being able to use all their abilities at their disposal just because they didn't have a particular item on hand from just starting equipment and background equipment.

I had only started with chainmail. Should I switch to splint or plate? Probably not plate.