Edit History

PixCO

PixCO

3 hours ago, SMARTAgentKC said:

The dread ambush feature basically allows you to make a second weapon attack on your first turn of combat as part of your action. Research says it can even be the weapon you did the first attack with but it doesn't have to be. Either way you first attack only did 6 damage (rats have 7 hp) so the next one would have still been in melee

The rats had advantage in stealth because they were hiding in the rubble and were moving carefully to ambush their targets. It is written in the monster description that the population of giant rats that live in the citadel are ambush hunters waiting for anything that comes into range

Ah -- so it's a Circumstantial Advantage as by the PHB page 60. Got it. I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something in regards to ADV/DIS by way of Proficiency or something. Thank you.

And good to know on the bonus attack. It could have been the loaded, readied, hand xbow if she'd killed her rat on the first strike. Actually, she still could have used the hand xbow against a second target, but the still-alive melee rat would have then gotten an AoO if I'm understanding correctly?

Sounds good. These are the things I need to learn.

PixCO

PixCO

3 hours ago, SMARTAgentKC said:

The dread ambush feature basically allows you to make a second weapon attack on your first turn of combat as part of your action. Research says it can even be the weapon you did the first attack with but it doesn't have to be. Either way you first attack only did 6 damage (rats have 7 hp) so the next one would have still been in melee

The rats had advantage in stealth because they were hiding in the rubble and were moving carefully to ambush their targets. It is written in the monster description that the population of giant rats that live in the citadel are ambush hunters waiting for anything that comes into range

Ah -- so it's a Circumstantial Advantage as by the PHB page 60. Got it. I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something in regards to ADV/DIS by way of Proficiencis or something. Thank you.

And good to know on the bonus attack. It could have been the loaded, readied, hand xbow if she'd killed her rat on the first strike. She still could have used the hand xbow against a second target, but the melee rat would have then gotten an AoO if I'm understanding correctly?

Sounds good. These are the things I need to learn.