Edit History

PixCO

PixCO

45 minutes ago, SMARTAgentKC said:

hmm... if going by RAW as long as her Dad ain't dead, the infusions last indefinitely, however there's a bunch of statements that include that once an item is infused with a certain infusion, he can't use it for another weapon, and if he tries to infuse other items more than what he's already infused (which depending on his level can vary. The oldest item loses it's infusion.

Quite frankly, I don't see an artificer who being forced to work for a guild being able to keep one infusion always on and since it requires attunement, I would likely rule that the artificer has to be within a certain distance for that infusion to stay on the weapon itself. I would argue the infusion is a part of his class and creative magic, just like a pact of the blade weapon is connected to the warlock and if the weapon is out of the persons hands for more than a minute, the weapon vanishes only to be able to be summoned to the wielder of the magic itself, (like how a keyblade in kingdom hearts always returns to their wielder with just a thought)

Now could he have built a prototype repeating hand crossbow that functions like it was a crossbow with the repeating shot infusion active on it and stashed it for Yopine to later find and use, sure, would it be fair for her to have it on hand. Meh... there's not an official magic item that has that feature on it and if it did, it would most likely be a very rare type item and completely broken when it comes to combat as it ignores both the ammunition and loading properties of the weapon.

~~~

As for trying out that customized feat, we can open a small side thread in this simulation to run a target range to have you try it out that way we can just keep playing the story without having to bother with messing with your main character.

Thank you. The limited aspect of the Infusions is what drew me to them. As long as it's working, Yopine knows that her dad's okay. It's trouble if it ever stops. Plus he has to hide the fact that he's holding back an infusion, putting him in danger to support Yopine.

I would like to open a side-thread if you have time, thank you again. Thropine would probably not have been given the hand crossbow. A Cloak of Protection would be more likely. There's an emotional value to that which isn't carried by the crossbow since she can't wrap herself in that. A hidden Infusion like Armor of Tools could be more appropriate as well. That seems to only have a one-time use, though.

EDIT: Which of course wouldn't matter if the infused cloak automatically returned to the creator. Right.

PixCO

PixCO

36 minutes ago, SMARTAgentKC said:

hmm... if going by RAW as long as her Dad ain't dead, the infusions last indefinitely, however there's a bunch of statements that include that once an item is infused with a certain infusion, he can't use it for another weapon, and if he tries to infuse other items more than what he's already infused (which depending on his level can vary. The oldest item loses it's infusion.

Quite frankly, I don't see an artificer who being forced to work for a guild being able to keep one infusion always on and since it requires attunement, I would likely rule that the artificer has to be within a certain distance for that infusion to stay on the weapon itself. I would argue the infusion is a part of his class and creative magic, just like a pact of the blade weapon is connected to the warlock and if the weapon is out of the persons hands for more than a minute, the weapon vanishes only to be able to be summoned to the wielder of the magic itself, (like how a keyblade in kingdom hearts always returns to their wielder with just a thought)

Now could he have built a prototype repeating hand crossbow that functions like it was a crossbow with the repeating shot infusion active on it and stashed it for Yopine to later find and use, sure, would it be fair for her to have it on hand. Meh... there's not an official magic item that has that feature on it and if it did, it would most likely be a very rare type item and completely broken when it comes to combat as it ignores both the ammunition and loading properties of the weapon.

~~~

As for trying out that customized feat, we can open a small side thread in this simulation to run a target range to have you try it out that way we can just keep playing the story without having to bother with messing with your main character.

Thank you. The limited aspect of the Infusions is what drew me to them. As long as it's working, Yopine knows that her dad's okay. It's trouble if it ever stops. Plus he has to hide the fact that he's holding back an infusion, putting him in danger to support Yopine.

I would like to open a side-thread if you have time, thank you again. Thropine would probably not have been given the hand crossbow. A Cloak of Protection would be more likely. There's an emotional value to that which isn't carried by the crossbow since she can't wrap herself in that. A hidden Infusion like Armor of Tools could be more appropriate as well. That seems to only have a one-time use, though.