Main Discussion Thread

roryb

Okay. I’m thinking to keep this on the back burner for another month or so, and then stage posting again slowly. Thanks for your patience!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Excior said:

are you looking at the main game thread page?

I guess I was looking at this page, which only showed us following. I see it now.

I'm not quite ready to pick this one up again, but I'll work on getting there this week.

4 minutes ago, roryb said:

I guess I was looking at this page, which only showed us following. I see it now.

I'm not quite ready to pick this one up again, but I'll work on getting there this week.

roger that again even once it gets going again. We do not have to be super fast with it.

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve been thinking about the game. One thing I’d like to agree upon with you is that the game is centered on Amon. The extra characters are there for continuity, window dressing (it’s nice to talk to someone ), and it creates the semblance of a fun ragtag group of scruffy nerfherders. But Amon is the central figure.

Let’s dispense with detailing the turn by turn events of their efforts and discover — when it’s dramatically relevant and (un)timely — the result of those efforts through hearing about it indirectly. It can be fun to do the zooming in on two split scenes, but I think that’s what makes a solo game potentially work nicely — it can focus more on the person and their distinctive personal demons and triumphs. Let the NPCs aid him (or inadvertently thwart him), but do so in the background.

What do you think?

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/14/2024 at 2:02 AM, roryb said:

I’ve been thinking about the game. One thing I’d like to agree upon with you is that the game is centered on Amon. The extra characters are there for continuity, window dressing (it’s nice to talk to someone ), and it creates the semblance of a fun ragtag group of scruffy nerfherders. But Amon is the central figure.

Let’s dispense with detailing the turn by turn events of their efforts and discover — when it’s dramatically relevant and (un)timely — the result of those efforts through hearing about it indirectly. It can be fun to do the zooming in on two split scenes, but I think that’s what makes a solo game potentially work nicely — it can focus more on the person and their distinctive personal demons and triumphs. Let the NPCs aid him (or inadvertently thwart him), but do so in the background.

What do you think?

that's fine, I was just rolling with the flow of the game, did not really know it works an all.

27 minutes ago, Excior said:

that's fine, I was just rolling with the flow of the game, did not really know it works an all.

No worries. In another situation, it probably works fine. If I have to track and control two parties as a GM, my head hurts. Lol.