Main Discussion Thread

roryb

On 4/22/2024 at 12:07 PM, roryb said:

No worries. In another situation, it probably works fine. If I have to track and control two parties as a GM, my head hurts. Lol.

TEAM TWO: Amon, Willa, and Felagi

Amon.jpeg.27f65a1bd37e8be30934801f2e2551b7.jpegMeanwhile, Amon, Willa, and Felagi found themselves on board a densely packed transport bound for the surface. The craft buzzed with activity, a microcosm of Coruscant's diverse populace. Amon's keen eyes studied the faces of the citizens, discerning the subtle nuances that hinted at their destinies. Among them were those heading off-world, others gearing up for shift work at the Imperial shipyards or other industries on the surface. Each person carried the weight of opportunity and uncertainty, a chance to rise in social and economic standing.

Amon reflected on Maxon's journey, once a street urchin in similar circumstances. Against the Jedi Council's objections, Amon had recognized Maxon's latent connection to the Force and taken him as his second apprentice. The initial years were challenging, as Amon had to cleanse the shadows of Night City from Maxon before imparting the ways of the Force.

The transport suddenly jolted to a halt during its ascent, alerting the passengers. Imperial immigration officials, accompanied by Storm Trooper Bodyguards, boarded the vessel. Dressed in the iconic white power armor with gold shoulder pads denoting their specialty, they requested to see personal data sticks from everyone.

Amon, perplexed, whispered to Willa, "What are they doing here?"

Willa, with a calm demeanor, responded, "Looks like the Emperor has expedited the Imperial Citizen Immigration Act. It's a way of registering all the people in the Empire. You can't buy, sell, trade, or move without a number. Getting off-world is near impossible without a personal data stick."

Amon's confusion prompted more explanation from the diplomat. "Remain calm. Cooler heads will prevail. With luck, we'll be directed to a processing center topside, and we can figure things out there." She placed a reassuring hand on the Jedi Master's shoulder, instilling a sense of composure amidst the uncertainty.

was this post ok? or should I not try to complicate things in my narrative? Just wondering. In this instance, I was trying to bring my seed of rebellion into play

Edited by Excior (see edit history)

@Excior, no hurry, but can you update your last ic post with this? I’m going to try and post in the next hour or two.

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

2 hours ago, roryb said:

@Excior, no hurry, but can you update your last ic post with this? I’m going to try and post in the next hour or two.

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

What do you want me to update? I posted that post a while back

36 minutes ago, Excior said:

What do you want me to update? I posted that post a while back

I meant cut team one’s part in your last post.

5 hours ago, Excior said:

Goiong to try and use a Jedi Mind trick on them to get past this situation My will is +0 so I need to make a will check and beat a +2 correct?

Actually, that's Deception. Force stuff seems like it might be Will, but Will is more a defensive ability against attempts to deceive or provoke you rather than offensive powers (unless you have a stunt).

10 hours ago, roryb said:

Actually, that's Deception. Force stuff seems like it might be Will, but Will is more a defensive ability against attempts to deceive or provoke you rather than offensive powers (unless you have a stunt).

then that roll is a +3 I have +2 in Deception

will all my Force powers be based on Deception or the abilities in the +2 category?

Posted (edited)

Okay, good job. I will roll their active opposition below. Your powers will be based on the most prescriptive skill unless it's not obvious. For example, Force: Push will be based on Vigor, Force: Jump would be based on Athletics, Force: Search Your Feelings is based on Empathy, and so on. Stunts can modify or change skills, and relevant aspects can be called upon to increase effectiveness or expand permissions. Having a Force Sensitive aspect can also expand permissions to do things (an impossibly wide chasm could be leapt over using the Force where it would he impossible for someone else).

Nice! A complete success for Amon! Will update later...

Edited by roryb (see edit history)
Name
Will active opposition
[+,-,+,-] +2 = 2
fate(2) 1,-1,1,-1

9 minutes ago, roryb said:

Okay, good job. I will roll their active opposition below. Your powers will be based on the most prescriptive skill unless it's not obvious. For example, Force: Push will be based on Vigor, Force: Jump would be based on Athletics, Force: Search Your Feelings is based on Empathy, and so on. Stunts can modify or change skills, and relevant aspects can be called upon to increase effectiveness or expand permissions. Having a Force Sensitive aspect can also expand permissions to do things (an impossibly wide chasm could be leapt over using the Force where it would he impossible for someone else).

Nice! A complete success for Amon! Will update later...

I updated my character sheet with the burb about the force from the star wars Fate thingie we are using hopefully it will remind me about all that stuff in the future

11 minutes ago, Excior said:

I updated my character sheet with the burb about the force from the star wars Fate thingie we are using hopefully it will remind me about all that stuff in the future

No worries! Fate is a tricky animal to grok. It took me many approaches to "get it" and I still learn new things all the time.

1 minute ago, roryb said:

No worries! Fate is a tricky animal to grok. It took me many approaches to "get it" and I still learn new things all the time.

Roryb, Thanks for continuing to teach me the game. I wish I could get into a game in RL I think it would help me grasp the concepts much faster lol. I bought the rule book, a set of dice, and a set of fate tokens. The dice and tokens are still in the blister pack lol.