4. A Course To Coruscant

roryb

4. A Course To Coruscant

spacer.pngHakai tended to the Chandrilan while Zemei saw to it their prisoner would not cause in further issues (nor that he might die from his injuries). Maxon was still in shock from the encounter aboard the Radian’t galley. Nonetheless, the boy dutifully went to the scanners and to monitor craft traffic communication to and from The Jungle for the all clear that the Star Destroyer was no longer in the vicinity.

That left a little time for thinking and talking. Zemei returned to Amon who was deep in thought. “It’s a bold plan, captain. I’ll say this for you — you’ve got moxie going after the Empire like this.”

Willa presently returned with Hakai. The pale-skinned Chandrilan was resilient despite her harrowing near-death experience with Balak’ka. Amon felt the kinship with Hakai. Her medical skill was clearly considerable to put Willa back in action so quickly.

“So, what?” Zemei continued. “We just go right to Coruscant and ask to use their computers?”

Amon also had to consider his promise to the twi’lek merchant to get his wares out of hock. Certainly the newly minted empire had a lockdown of all activities on the capital planet.

OOC

Just a little banter to get in the feel of the characters again. I'm reducing NPCs just to an aspect or two. Action will be focused on Amon, but some of those aspects will justify taking actions on behalf of some of his crew on occasion. But mainly, they are there to help you and to cause some complications.

The main thing here is a feeling that even though they are with you, there is some doubt about the plan.

Game Level Aspects: Dark Conspiracy | Galactic Upheaval and the Rise of the Empire

Maxon Katar's Aspects: Jedi Apprentice Eager To Prove Himself | Can't Let Go
Zemei Ki's Aspects: Relentless Mandalorian Bounty-Hunter
Hakai Mar's Aspects: Self-Taught Force Adept Healer
Felagi Nai's Aspects: Shrewd Miralukan Slicer
Willa Aspects: Level-Headed Chandrilan Diplomat | There Is Always Another Way

Situation Aspects and Points:
A Labyrinth of Scrap Floating in an Asteroid Belt
Air of Uncertainty
Aboard the Radiant

GM Fate Points: 1

Edited by roryb (see edit history)

Amon.jpeg.27f65a1bd37e8be30934801f2e2551b7.jpegThe Radiant Dawn flew casual as it departed one of the many docking bays of the Jungle Amon knew that Max was still shook up from the incident that had taken place a short while ago in the gally but his young padawan kept he composure and went about his duties as pilot of the ship. This gave Amon a moment to sit and think about what to do next. With the star destroyer still in the vicinity, the Jedi Master felt it was unwise to jump into hyperspace to quickly, he did not want to arouse suspension abord the Imperial capital ship. 

Zemei returned to Amon who was deep in thought. “It’s a bold plan, captain. I’ll say this for you — you’ve got moxie going after the Empire like this.”

“ Something is not right Zemei, The Jedi are not traitors, our self-proclaimed Emperor has taken control illegally Rebelling is the only course of action.” He turns to the Mandalorian as he speaks. “ My own clone troopers just turned on us, It seemed as if they forgot all that we had been through, It was like they did not even know us,  there has to be some info on that data stick we can use to get to the bottom of what went down.”

Senator Willa and Hakai returned Amon was thankful  that she was resilient and able to continue despite her near-death experience. The Jedi Master felt a kinship with Hakai he cold not put his finger on just what it was but knew that the living Force must have brought them together for a reason, he decided that he would have faith that the Force would reveal that to him in time. 

“So, what?” Zemei continued. “We just go right to Coruscant and ask to use their computers?”

“ Well now that you mention it, Yes I plan on doing just that but we also have to get that cargo out of impound for our Merchant friend here at the Jungle. That is where you come in.”

Amon invites them to sit so they could form a plan for the next course of action to be taken. 

OOC: Did not want to go to far in this first post.

Edited by Excior (see edit history)

spacer.png

Should have been the opposite, but actually doing some field medicine calmed Hakai a bit. The situation was still messed up, but the ship still mostly felt right. There was a bit of darkness unrelated to the violence that just happened, but nothing to stick a finger on.

"Coruscant, that is a place I've never been. Was it easy before to move around there, before the latest changes?"

Amon.jpeg.27f65a1bd37e8be30934801f2e2551b7.jpeg“ Coruscant was a grand place to live before the war.” Amon turns and smiles as Hakai Mar and Willa enter the galley once more. “ It was once said that one could find anything and everything on Coruscant if you knew where to look.” Amon could feel her troubled thoughts “ Your thoughts betray you young one, you seem troubled by something, do you want to discuss what is bothering you?”

OOC: Relying on his High Concept: Human Jedi of Alderaan Strong in the Force to detect her troubled thoughts in this instance

• 2 weeks later...

spacer.png

"This is all quite a change. A simple crew opportunity has changed to a part of something bigger. A much bigger thing than I had thought I would be getting into when I got up this morning. I sense there is something off about the ship and something on. And then there is you." she makes eye contact briefly with Amon before looking down. In that brief connection, her fear and wonder leak through - strong emotion that her barrier cuts off when she looks down. "As far back as I can remember I have had dreams of people and places that I had never seen before. In adulthood, I have walked a couple places waking that I had seen while asleep. Two people, you and your apprentice, I have seen many times in many scenes - and now we have met. I don't know what to make of it; there are nightmares that I have seen, could it be that they are true also?"

Amon.jpeg.27f65a1bd37e8be30934801f2e2551b7.jpegAmon could feel the turmoil within her as she spoke. He raises his hands toward an empty seat at the table and indicates that he would like her to sit. “The Force will sometimes show us, things, Possible outcomes that may or may not come to pass.” He looked into her eyes when she briefly made eye contact with him before looking away. “What do you mean by something off about the ship and something on?”  He tries to make eye contact with her once again. “What were Max and I doing in your dreams, once I know that I can tell you more, do not be afraid.” He speaks in a reassuring tone; one he had used many times when instructing his apprentice.

“The Living Force has an agenda of its own we are merely pawns in a grand cosmic scheme, I am starting to believe that it has brought us together for a purpose.”  

• 2 weeks later...

4. A Course To Coruscant

Zemei returned to the Radian't small brig. With Maxon at the controls, R4-D4 made its way from the computer panels, uploading coordinates in preparation for their jump into hyperspace. A small gunship detached from a cluster of astroids and rocketed a similar flight path. The area was not yet safe for hyperspace jump. R4 had not yet entered the coordinates.

That is when Amon's discussion with Hakai was cut short.

"Company!" Max cried out from the cockpit. Amon quickly joined him. Max pointed out the craft on the short wave scanners. "He's not exactly tailing us, but he's not exactly not tailing us, if you know what I mean."

Amon observed, but did not immediately know what to think. Willa joined the pair, looking over the Jedi's shoulder. "A spy?"

OOC

Back to solo mode! I don't know what I'm going to do with all these characters around. 😆

I added A "Casual" Course Through the Astroids to the list of situation aspects.

Game Level Aspects: Dark Conspiracy | Galactic Upheaval and the Rise of the Empire

A "Casual" Course Through the Astroids
Aboard the Radiant

Amon's Fate Points: 3

Edited by roryb (see edit history)

Amon.jpeg.27f65a1bd37e8be30934801f2e2551b7.jpegThe sudden presence of the gunship sends a shiver down Amon's spine, casting an air of uncertainty over the situation. "Could be," he mutters in response to Willa's inquiry. With a deliberate calm, the Jedi Master assumes the co-pilot's seat, fingers dancing across the buttons and controls. Each press is a calculated move, a silent dance with the unknown.

"Scanning the ship now to unveil its concealed ID code," he announces, his voice measured but laced with a subtle urgency. Meanwhile, Amon activates the commlink, contacting Zemi. "Zemi, we've got company. Head to the upper laser turret. Stay vigilant; we don't know what we're dealing with yet." The tension in his words mirrors the apprehension etched on his face as the possibility of conflict looms, demanding readiness from every crew member.

OOC: Going to use the aspect

• The Radiant Dawn Has a Few Tricks Left In Her

to scan the ship to see if we can figure out if it is a friend, foe, or innocent bystander

The ship's scanners have accumulated quite a library of ship IDs and Configurations over the centuries since it has been put in service.

Name
Using Ships scanners using Amon's Resources: Flair +2
[-,-,+,+] +2 = 2
fate(2) -1,-1,1,1

“Aye, Captain,” came Zemei’s voice over the comlink.

Amon read off the results. Just as he expected, the computer returned a confused jumble of data for the ship’s ID code. Likely, it was just a bargain salvage piece recovered from the remains of several ships. It revealed something, but it was often unwise to throw caution into the wind assuming one could easily outperform the scrapheap in a pinch. There were other reasons for staying off the registry, and some of those reasons could yield a dangerous enemy.

“Do you want me to lose them, master?” Maxon asked. His fingers twitched above the controls.

R4 bleeped in confirmation that the coordinates were loaded to the nav computer.

A "Casual" Course Through the Astroids
Aboard the Radiant
Off the Registry Scrapheap
 [ 1 ]

Amon's Fate Points: 2

Amon.jpeg.27f65a1bd37e8be30934801f2e2551b7.jpeg

Maxon's fingers twitched above the controls as he asked, "Do you want me to lose them, master?" R4 beeped in confirmation that the coordinates were loaded into the nav computer.

Amon considered the question, his eyes narrowing in thought. "Not yet, Max. Make the jump into hyperspace. If it's a spy, we'll know once we're in the Coruscant system." Amon's voice echoed over the ship's intercom, reaching every corner of the Radiant Dawn. "Everybody strap in; we're about to make the jump into hyperspace."

The crew moved quickly, securing themselves in their seats as the anticipation of the jump filled the air. Amon paused, allowing the crew to settle before giving Maxon the signal. "Now, Max, make the jump."

Maxon's hands danced across the controls with practiced precision, guiding the Radiant Dawn into the swirling blue tunnel of hyperspace. The ship hummed as it transitioned from real space to the faster-than-light realm. Amon could feel the vibrations beneath his feet, a familiar sensation that always stirred a sense of excitement.

As the stars elongated into streaks of light, Amon leaned back in his seat, a subtle smile playing on his lips. "Well done, Max. Let's see if our mysterious pursuer can keep up with us in the currents of hyperspace."

R4 emitted a series of affirmative beeps, indicating that all systems were functioning smoothly. Amon's gaze shifted to the viewscreen, where the hypnotic swirl of lights and colors surrounded the ship.

"Keep an eye on the sensors, Max. We need to know if anyone else decides to join the party." Amon's fingers tapped against the armrest, a silent rhythm to the pulsating energy of the ship.

The Radiant came out of hyperspace exactly on target along the outer orbit of Coruscant. The dark side of the planet was lit by the vastness of artificial light. A veritable luminous ring spanned the planet comprised of starship and freighter traffic.

“No sign of our new friend yet, Captain,” Zemei said. She was still strapped to the above deck turret controls.

Almost immediately, the Radiant was hailed on the universal channel by an outer station. The mega station sprawled before them as their course took them to the inner orbit. “Approaching YG-4210, be advised all incoming traffic is subject to approval, search and seizure by imperial decree. Transmit your identification code now.”

That was a new one, but Amon was not surprised by the draconian bureau state.

“Now we find out if Lub’bisus double-crossed us,” Max quipped in a worried tone.

“Have faith,” Willa said still standing behind the two.

OOC

A Good (+3) Deception overcome obstacle roll is needed to bypass the blockade. You can use your ship’s aspect to invoke if you come out short given that the randomizer is installed.

I updated the situation aspects a bit.

Outer Orbit of Coruscant
Aboard the Radiant
 [ 1 ]

Amon.jpeg.27f65a1bd37e8be30934801f2e2551b7.jpegAmon casts a sidelong glance at Max, a faint smile playing on his lips. Even after all these years, Amon can discern a trace of Max's old streetwise self. The Jedi Master nods in agreement with Willas's insightful words. "The Force is a potent ally, young Max. Never forget to heed its subtle calling."

Max brushes a stray hair from his face, a subtle grin appearing as his master gently reminds him not to let cynicism cloud his perception. Amon, with the ease of experience, presses the button that would initiate communication with their challenger. "This is YG-4210. Stand by for code transmission." He then looks over at Max. "Send it."

Max takes a steadying breath, his fingers deftly navigating the holographic interface to transmit the encoded message. The room holds its breath in anticipation as they await a response. Amon, maintaining a composed demeanor, casts a reassuring glance at Max, silently conveying trust in his abilities.

The ship's communicator crackles to life, and a voice responds, "YG-4210, this is Control. Code verification in progress. Stand by."

Amon leans in, whispering words of encouragement to Max, "Trust in the Force, Max. It will guide us through this, just as it always has."

Max nods, a newfound determination gleaming in his eyes.

OOC:

Off the Registry Scrapheap [ 1 ] <------- is the 1 in the brackets a free invoke by chance? That will still only take the roll to +2 I think. Things are about to get exciting

Name
Deception Fair (+2) using Code Randomizer
[0,-,-,0] +2 = 0
fate(2) 0,-1,-1,0

The moments dragged on in tense silence as the Radiant’s course brought it closer to the outpost station.

“We should have been cleared by now,” Max said. Amon could sense the tension in his body. Each moment that passed would reduce some measure of advantage if evasive maneuvers were necessary. They could see the bays of TIE-fighters ready to launch at a moment’s notice.

In the last moment, they received their confirmation. “YG-4210, you are cleared for approach to Coruscant. Report your transport manifest to the port authority upon landing,” the transmission crackled dryly.

Max sighed audibly. By this time, Zemei crowded the cockpit having come down from the turret. The event seemed to take a lot out of Willa. She retired to the cargo area.

“That was close!” Max said. “A little too close!”

“We’re not out of the woods yet,” Zemei warned.

Amon did not like the feeling either. The randomizer should have been a quick and easy solution. His intuition told him that Lub’bisus would not have betrayed him — and logic confirmed that the merchant would not request help to secure cargo and stab the Jedi in the back simultaneously. The Twi’leks was shrewd, but not insane. Perhaps it was just an older code?

OOC

This represents a success at a cost. More will be revealed over time.

Feel free to describe the remainder of the flight to the hanger bay and the splitting up you described. It will be considered a new scene.

Outer Orbit of Coruscant
Aboard the Radiant
 [ 1 ]

Amon.jpeg.27f65a1bd37e8be30934801f2e2551b7.jpeg

Amon's sharp gaze swept across the assembled crew, the gravity of their mission etched into the lines on his face. "Lub’bisus may be shrewd, but he's not one to tread the path of betrayal. I trust him," Amon remarked, addressing Zemei's concerns with a sense of conviction.

Stepping away from the copilot's seat, Amon rested a reassuring hand on Max's shoulder. "Max, steer us towards the Luxen Import/Export Bazaar. It's a Black Sun front. Contact them and let them know we're here to negotiate Lub’bisus’s cargo release."

Max, displaying his Jedi discipline, simply nodded, the quiet determination evident in his response. As the ship delved into the shadowy depths of one of Coruscant's ventilation shafts—into the area of the undercity known as Night City, hidden beneath the bustling metropolis—Amon couldn't help but think of the layers beneath, where the desperate sought refuge away from prying eyes.

Gathering the crew in the ship's common area, Amon laid out the plan. "Lub’bisus demanded a steep price for the randomizer, part of which involves retrieving cargo at the Luxen Import/Export Bazaar—a Black Sun front in the heart of Night City. We don't know Lub’bisus’s full involvement, so proceed cautiously."

Pausing for emphasis, Amon's gaze grew intense. "Our secondary objective is to hack a Senate terminal using the data stick. We need to unravel what happened on Oncu. The betrayal by our own Clone troopers cannot go unanswered." A shiver ran down his spine as he recalled the haunting events.

Turning his attention to specific assignments, Amon directed Max. "Max, lead the team to recover Lub’bisus’s merchandise. Zemei and Hakai, you're with Max. Anything in the holding area is fair game—we will sell it for your wages and ship upkeep."

His eyes then met Willa's. "Willa, you and Felagi are with me. We'll infiltrate the Senate offices, locate a terminal, and access the data on the memory stick. R4, you're with us too." Amon's voice was steady, a commander outlining the path forward.

"Any questions?" he asked, inviting the crew to voice their concerns or seek clarity before they embarked on this perilous journey into the depths of Night City.

UnderworldPortal.jpg.b01f695cf41725ae0f7f7bef1905c514.jpg

Coruscant Underworld for your information

Black Sun gangsters for your information