Jedi Master Amon Pox

Excior

28 minutes ago, roryb said:

That's correct. The others are just your free aspects. The trouble should actually, well, trouble you quite a bit. It doesn't have to be in the form of "your evil pupil shows up and challenges you to a duel", but could be in the form of flashback scenes relevant to some current situation, like seeing one of Amon's failures reflected when he looks at Max, for example. Or things where his doubt as his ability to further the Jedi cause through teaching (now a very, very important part of the deal unless he wants to die with the discipline) arises. You can also reflect it when Max messes things up despite Amon's best efforts. Either way, it should probably come up a lot and be a source of vexation and also a source of Fate Points.

Sure. I don't mind throwing more droids at him...just because the army is shut down doesn't mean the Senate might employ a number of them now as security and things. I should look at your stunts a bit more. Just having them is also a flag for a GM, "hey do these things please!". But we can revamp it to something else too.

I will try and include his trouble in more of my posts, I am sorry I did not fully understand how to incorporate that into the game.

No worries. We've gone far enough into the game that a good look over is due. Those aspects should generally come up a fair bit. You have five basic ones, not including those that might be on the extras list. You want to get as much mileage out of them as possible. Aspects can be good and bad. The bad supplies your fate points, which is important. We can also come up with a list of complications that might come up with each one to demonstrate how those compels might see light in a typical game.

Human Jedi of Alderaan Strong in the Force. This is obvious. Jedi are hunted, so any time he is recognized by the wrong folks, this could be a source of an unwelcome situation, and a earn you a fate point. Let's say a rebel force on Alderaan is known to the new empire. This could also be a source if Amon is in some way connected to them. Oodles of opportunity for invoking.

Failure of Master to Apprentice — Forever Will It Cloud Your Destiny. This is one I think can get you more mileage. If it doesn't bring to mind enough ideas, we might re-word it in some way. I mentioned that Max getting into some trouble that brings up a similar painful memory for Amon that causes him to act in a way that is not in line with his philosophy, or makes him falter from doubt when using the Force, that's worth a point. Perhaps Amon travels to a place decimated by war and the survivors recognize Amon, blaming him for the destruction wrought by his most promising pupil (now evil). Also, a duel with your former pupil will set this off. That's a big one. Troubles can be positive, too. Perhaps it can be invoked when Amon is trying to exert more influence on Max.

The Radiant Dawn Has a Few Tricks Left In Her. Compel when a key system fails, such as during pursuit, etc. Compel when the Radiant goes on an Imperial watchlist. Invoke when using your ship's systems to assist with a task or maneuver (like you did in looking up the database for the pursuing gunship).

Black Sheep of the Council. Here's another one that hasn't come up except in the backstory. Sounds like a compel when Amon meets other Jedi's in exile. They don't want to cooperate because of his reputation. Maybe Amon is one of the most notorious Jedi for the Emperor's schemes, and Amon comes across this information. All compels. Invoke when trying to use his rather bloody history to intimidate someone, or to show his rather uncooperative nature/unwillingness to submit to authority.

Seed of Rebellion. This one is new, but this could come up when a spy finds out about Amon's recent activities, getting him and his companions more firmly fixed on the enemy's radar. Perhaps some unwanted elements are attracted to Amon's cause, but they will only make things worse. Invoke when inspiring those to his cause or when trying to turn someone from a path of bureaucratic recklessness by joining the Empire.

By the way, when it comes to compels, you can choose to do them any time yourself, suggesting unwelcome events along these lines to keep things interesting. This was a good exercise for me, too. I see lots of missed opportunities to "stay on track" with your aspects.

34 minutes ago, Excior said:

I am pretty sure it wont give me any fate points but I was thinking of having max run into a few of the members of his old gang while they are trying to get the stuff out of the import yard.

Sure it will! The key to a good compel is the "it goes wrong" part. Imagine Amon getting a communicae from Zemei that Max got into it and suggests Amon talk him down. That's a juicy compel. Let's keep that in the pocket.

can I rename the Droid Killer stunt to Force Push and change the wording slightly

OLD: Droid Killer. You get +2 to attack or overcome with Blast when using Force: Push to disable or eliminate droid threats.

NEW: Force Push. You get +2 to attack or overcome with Blast when using Force: Push to disable or eliminate threats.

• 4 months later...

TEAM ONE: Max, Zemi, and Hakai

image.png.f0bddf75d8eca6a391abc0e273a4f69c.pngMax, Zemi, and Hakai traversed the short distance to the Luxen Import/Export Bazaar's main office. The docking pads were conveniently close to the various warehouses in the shipping district of Night City, and Max couldn't help but feel a sense of familiarity as they approached the Bazaar. The atmosphere, a blend of legitimate business and concealed criminal activities, stirred memories of his past experiences.

"Be on your guard," Max cautioned his companions, his words carrying the weight of seasoned wisdom. "Even though it may seem like a legitimate business, most everything in Night City is a front for some gang or crime syndicate."

Zemi, already utilizing the sensors in her Mandalorian helmet, scanned the surroundings. "I do not detect any threats at the moment, but will keep you posted, kid," she relayed through her helmet's commlink. On the other hand, Hakai, unfamiliar with this clandestine world, reached out with her limited knowledge of the Force, attempting to sense any signs of impending trouble.

Entering the compound, the group made their way to the warehouse and stepped into the shipping office. Max, taking the lead, surveyed the area before pressing a buzzer. The others positioned themselves in the waiting room, vigilant for any potential dangers.

After a brief pause, a Chadra-Fan emerged from a back room. The small, batlike humanoid eyed the group before stepping up to the counter. "What do you want?" it queried in a sharp tone.

Max handed over a data stick. "We need to pick up the shipment noted on this data stick. It was held up in customs." The Chadra-Fan accepted the data stick and inserted it into the computer terminal, initiating the process of verifying their claim.