Edit History

Emmettmcglynn

Emmettmcglynn

After the arrival on Theev Mahan makes a point of not pushing the engines to maximum thrust, buying them time to talk before they touched down. From the Captain's chair he looked to the crew and asked,

"This might be our last chance on-world to talk without risk of being overheard, so if there's any questions or thoughts voice them now. Eirene, Urien, you both seem familiar with this sort of company so any insights would be appreciated. From what we gathered from Krrsh, I think our first objective should be to capture Redthane's second, Miria Silverhand, and use her to direct us to Redthane himself. Secondarily, the capture of her crew and Krrsh's mutineers under Takk, if possible, to endear Torpol and Clarke as much as possible. To that end I think we'll need more stunners — I rather expect those will be easy to acquire here on Torpol. Finally, they have a high class starport and won't ask questions so if we want anything for the Harrier then this is probably our best stop for the time being, so if you've got an opinion voice it."

After that he looks expectantly at them for their replies.

Piloting into Theev after the crew meeting proved little issue, the pirate haven having a surprisingly well organized port of entry, but after the descent his lips pull back into a grimmace. Pointing to the display screens, he singles out the women for attention.

"I'm guessing those are the Black Widows. They're the agents and enforcers of the Lords and the main force of 'order' on this planet. If rumors are to be believed, they're clones, robots, or psychics. Who knows, maybe all three. Either way, they're bad business for all of us so if you see one be on your best behavior."

The summary of what little Theev knowledge could be agreed upon done, Mahan rises from his chair and heads to his room. Under normal circumstances he wore simple — by Drinaxian standards, so still far more ornate than anyone else's — crewman clothes but the first arrival on the priate capital of the Reach warrented a special appearance.

When he descended the ramp out the cargo bay he had a dark blue greatcoat in a classical navy cut wrapped around a stylized uniform modeled after an infamous pre-Sindalian raider force which nearly snuffed out the Empire its infancy and topped with a large peaked cap with an ancient captain's insignia woven into the front. As he approached the Widows he swept into a wide bow doffing his hat respectfully and, if offered, lightly kissing the hand of the leader.

"An honor to be here, madam." He says as he rises from the bow. "The Intent and her crew are looking forward to the care of this fine world and it is clear by this most gracious welcome that it will not be found wanting."

He had no idea of flattery worked on a coven of cloned psychic robots, but he'd rarely encountered people with whom it didn't at least help.

"Begging your pardon though, I'm afraid it is some of our crew's first time here so I was wondering if perhaps you could explain some of the customs which govern this fair land? So that we can avoid making some kind of hideous faux pas during our stay, you understand."

Emmettmcglynn

Emmettmcglynn

After the arrival on Theev Mahan makes a point of not pushing the engines to maximum thrust, buying them time to talk before they touched down. From the Captain's chair he looked to the crew and asked,

"This might be our last chance on-world to talk without risk of being overheard, so if there's any questions or thoughts voice them now. Eirene, Urien, you both seem familiar with this sort of company so any insights would be appreciated. From what we gathered from Krrsh, I think our first objective should be to capture Redthane's second, Miria Silverhand, and use her to direct us to Redthane himself. Secondarily, the capture of her crew and Krrsh's mutineers under Takk, if possible, to endear Torpol and Clarke as much as possible. To that end I think we'll need more stunners — I rather expect those will be easy to acquire here on Torpol. Finally, they have a high class starport and won't ask questions so if we want anything for the Harrier then this is probably our best stop for the time being, so if you've got an opinion voice it."

After that he looks expectantly at them for their replies.

Piloting into Theev after the crew meeting proved little issue, the pirate haven having a surprisingly well organized port of entry, but after the descent his lips pull back into a grimmace. Pointing to the display screens, he singles out the women for attention.

"I'm guessing those are the Black Widows. They're the agents and enforcers of the Lords and the main force of 'order' on this planet. If rumors are to be believed, they're clones, robots, or psychics. Who knows, maybe all three. Either way, they're bad business for all of us so if you see one be on your best behavior."

The summary of what little Theev knowledge could be agreed upon done, Mahan rises from his chair and heads to his room. Under normal circumstances he wore simple — by Drinaxian standards, so still far more ornate than anyone else's — crewman clothes but the first arrival on the priate capital of the Reach warrented a special appearance.

When he descended the ramp out the cargo bay he had a dark blue greatcoat in a classical navy cut wrapped around a stylized uniform modeled after an infamous pre-Sindalian raider force which nearly snuffed out the Empire its infancy and topped with a large peaked cap with an ancient captain's insignia woven into the front. As he approached the Widows he swept into a wide bow doffing his hat respectfully and, if offered, lightly kissing the hand of the leader.

"An honor to be here, madam." He says as he rises from the bow. "The Intent and her crew are looking forward to the care of this fine world and it is clear by this most gracious welcome that it will not be found wanting."

He had no idea of flattery worked on a coven of cloned psychic robots, but he'd rarely encountered people with whom it didn't at least help.

"Begging your pardon though, I'm afraid it is most of our first time here so I was wondering if perhaps you could explain some of the customs which govern this fair land? So that we can avoid making some kind of hideous faux pas during our stay, you understand."