Edit History

Llyarden

Llyarden

20 minutes ago, SirLoganofGilead said:

I don't think so?  But then I didn't know you could do this on OGMW.  I actually still couldn't figure out how, but that's beside the point.  Do you mind if I ask what you would this for?  I am genuinely curious.

Aside from keeping track of changes to resources / character sheets if they're kept on a single page to make sure you don't add/deduct something twice, as a GM I've had to retrieve peoples' posts because they accidentally overwrote them (and didn't know how to get at the edit history) once or twice.

EDIT: As for how you do it, if you have modsight in the forum or are the author, the 'Last Edited By' part is a hyperlink.

16 minutes ago, Eric said:

Yes; if you are the author, a game leader, or a staff member, you are able to see the edit history of a post. It will show up like this at the bottom of an edited post:

Edited January 4 by Eric (see edit history) 

I don't see this, not even in my own posts, never mind posts by other people in forums that I have GM privileges for.

EditHistory.png.7dd9800193010eaafd5d73b562ecbe29.png

EDIT: Using the link you provided and modifying it for this topic and my comment (ie: https://test.myth-weavers.com/index.php?/topic/114-how-do-i…/&do=editlogComment&comment=33107) I got a page that said 'sorry, we couldn't find that topic.'

Llyarden

Llyarden

19 minutes ago, SirLoganofGilead said:

I don't think so?  But then I didn't know you could do this on OGMW.  I actually still couldn't figure out how, but that's beside the point.  Do you mind if I ask what you would this for?  I am genuinely curious.

Aside from keeping track of changes to resources / character sheets if they're kept on a single page to make sure you don't add/deduct something twice, as a GM I've had to retrieve peoples' posts because they accidentally overwrote them (and didn't know how to get at the edit history) once or twice.

EDIT: As for how you do it, if you have modsight in the forum or are the author, the 'Last Edited By' part is a hyperlink.

15 minutes ago, Eric said:

Yes; if you are the author, a game leader, or a staff member, you are able to see the edit history of a post. It will show up like this at the bottom of an edited post:

I don't see this, not even in my own posts, never mind posts by other people in forums that I have GM privileges for.

EDIT: Using the link you provided and modifying it for this topic and my comment I got a page that said 'sorry, we couldn't find that topic.'

Llyarden

Llyarden

17 minutes ago, SirLoganofGilead said:

13 minutes ago, Eric said:

Llyarden

Llyarden

11 minutes ago, SirLoganofGilead said:

7 minutes ago, Eric said:

Llyarden

Llyarden

10 minutes ago, SirLoganofGilead said:

Aside from keeping track of changes to resources / character sheets if they're kept on a single page to make sure you don't add/deduct something twice, as a GM I've had to retrieve peoples' posts because they accidentally erased them (and didn't know how to get at the edit history) once or twice.

6 minutes ago, Eric said: