Nijim Kotei, The King of Ooze

hiace50

Character Fluff Post

Name explanation.

When I make names, I usually take the origin of the name and translate something about the character into the language from that name. My character is based on the concept of slime (as I have wanted to work the Oozemorph Shifter Archetype into a build for a while now, and really haven't been able to do it until this game). So I tried to find the original culture of the slime, and work the name out from there... The slime doesn't have one. It's a modern invention, dating back to works in the 1930s. It's first appearance in games is from DnD first edition, and it was widely popularized in Japanese video games.

The original works are in modern English, so no translating to be had there... That left me with Japanese. After a few tries for a good phrase, I got "Emperor Slime" as "Kōtei ga nijimideru". Remove the 'ga', take of the 'deru', remove the 'i' at the end of the last word, and then flip them we get "Nijim Kotei". Not terrible. It'll grow on me.

Backstory

(NEW) Childhood-Teenage years.

Nijim Kotei had a childhood. And a teenage hood. He wasn't overtly poor, nor overtly rich. His family went through hard times, and they went through good times. He had friends amongst the town's children. His parents are alive and doing well enough off with their bakery and lumberjack work. He doesn't know anyone who died tragically. No romantic interest. A stable future planned out that he wouldn't have minded for himself. He was like every other kid... Except for one thing.

He loved sneaking out at night when he wasn't supposed to.

Sometimes he went to the farm. Sometimes the hill. Other times the river. Occasionally the stables. If he was really daring, the town square.

Though most nights he just laid outside his window on the grass, looking up at the stars until he drifted off to sleep.

No one knew of course, Nijim was always very careful to be quiet and unseen. He could walk silently, see traces of people's paths, and could hide behind anything larger than a chair. It was almost like a game to him, hide and relax. He rarely got caught, and the less-than yearly occasion that it happened, it was treated as a one-off event and was ignored. He wasn't doing any harm anyways.

On his 16th birthday he had a wonderful day with his family. His mom made a wonderful honey-filled pastry for everyone to share, his father made him a model tree carved from the wood that Nijim cut down on his 14th birthday. They went for a nice walk through the town square, past the river (and in it for mere moments to cool down), over the hill, and through the farm. It was one of the best days of his life.

The next day they woke up to an newly emptied room, with only a single letter in it explaining the situation.

Their boy snuck out late at night and was already a day's travel to the nearest city. While he had everything in his life that he could ever need, it wasn't what he wanted. He needed something more, something engaging, something worth sneaking around.

(NEW) In the big city, Young Adult

Being in a big city for the first time ever was overwhelming. Nijim didn't know where to go, what to do, or who to see about any of this. Eventually he stumbled his way into an adventuring guild. They registered him and showed him simple quests to complete. He found some cheap place to stay and did odd requests for a few months. Gathering herbs, delivering letters, cleaning gutters, digging holes, pretty much whatever was needed.

After the few months he felt more confident in his ability. Doing the hard labor increased his muscles, the gutter cleaning helped him practice his balance, digging holes his endurance. His interactions with the people on the job was a constant test of his wit and charismatic charm, and his brain was filling from the constant streams of information that everyone freely gave. And during all that time, he still continued to sneak out every night and enjoy the night.

He left town in small groups to do different requests. Gathering slightly rarer herbs, killing weak monsters, scouting out situations, in-town bodyguards. This continued for about 2 or so years until his results spoke for themselves, he was ready to move onto harder missions.

From 19-20 he did just that. Every mission was life-risking. Subjugating stronger monsters, long distance protection, gathering important material, transporting important information, bandit hunting. Sneaking off at night and returning before anyone was the wiser. He would either continue to grow and meet the increased challenges or...

... He died trying.

Canonically the "Guild interview" goes after "Before the interview" in the timeline of his life, but I put it here for story reasons. This was also the first thing that I wrote out, so if some details don't exactly match the timeline that would be why (though I tried my best to keep everything consistent).

Guild Interview (from over a decade ago)

"How long have you been hiding this from us?"  The guild member said lifelessly, the large scale of the recent operation and the sleep deprivation that came from it draining him of any force behind his words.

-"Just slightly over 3 years now... It was when I came back from the forest." A young man of no more than 20 years old was sitting in a reinforced wooden chair opposite of the Guild agent. There was nothing peculiar about him. He had short but shaggy hair, limbs on the thinner side, and a regretful look plastered on his face.

"3 years ago from the forest... James, can you pull up those files?" The duo heard a noise of confirmation from a 3rd party before resuming the talk. "And why did you hide what you are? You know that not all the other adventurers are humanoids, it would be impossible to not have been working with at least one of them during your time here." The guild representative took a sip of his drink. The cold drink was ice against his partially raw throat. If it wasn't somewhat soothing, he would have put this interview on pause and gotten a much warmer cup.

Nijim took a moment to remember what it was like that long ago, a moment longer still to organize his thoughts. -"When it first happened I was so confused. I was trying to get back to the group, and failing. They were leaving me behind... Not out of spite of course-" He was cut off for a moment as some paperwork was placed in front of the questioner, who motioned to continue the story. "- but because they wanted to run from the giant lizard chasing us."

The man was thumbing through the papers while Nijim was explaining. "Yes, the Megalania that the team failed to subjugate. Continue on."

-"I was the only one seriously injured from the fight... I couldn't keep running, each step hurt more than the last. I saw my only chance of salvation just ahead. A tree with it's roots above ground. I saw a gap just wide enough for myself to get through. I went into it... but couldn't stop myself from falling into the hole that was further under the tree. I hit the ground hard. Hard enough to knock me out." The young man paused for a few moments. The Guild member finished looking at the documents and put them down. His empty stare and lack of reply prompted the continuation of the tale. "I... I think I died down there. The pain from the bitten off arm was only getting worse... Then I found myself."

The guild's agent cocked one of his eyebrows. "What do you mean? Is that some sort of spiritual enlightenment?"

The boy shook his head. -"No no, nothing like that. I have other memories... They aren't like mine. They are fragments of places, events. Years of stone floors, then years of moss-covered floors. Falling dirt, some rays of light. Warmth where there was usual cold. Then a thud sound, a warm object, new materials over the squishy warm object. A desire to bring it inside..." He paused again, trying to figure out exactly what he wants to say. "Then I woke up as me again. In that moment I thought it was a miracle. I was alive and not injured, though I couldn't think at all due to these other memories bombarding me. After just sitting and existing for a while I was able to think about the situation... I felt weird. I looked my hands over and saw that I was a bit sticky. I tried to shake it off, rub it off my cloths, but nothing worked. I got slime everywhere. I freaked out for a while before accepting whatever happened to myself... and then I turned into a slime."

-"It was a rough few days getting used to myself. I eventually came to the conclusion that I became an Ooze after dying... But I was wrong. After the few weeks it took me to get out of whatever underground ruins I found myself in, I realized that I was the Ooze who ate my body's fresh corpse... And somehow gained the memories I had when alive."

The guild member took a few moments to understand what the boy just said. It seemed he was using "I" for both himself and the Ooze. "So to make sure I can write this in the report correctly... You are an Ooze that ate Nijim Kotei, gained his memories, and resumed Nijim's life after 3 months of being in the forest?"

-"No no, I am... Well, yes, that's technically right, but I'm not just the Ooze. I am Nijim. I resumed my own life when I got back."

The guild member nods. "I see. What affect has this change had on you?"

Nijim shifts and slimy tentacles sprout from his sides -"I am a ball of ooze unless I force myself into a humanoid shape. I can't talk when I am in that form, and I don't have arms to hold things, but I can make these." He motions to his tentacles as they sharpen and become claws, jaws, and a fist-like shape. "I can use these to attack... But not much else. They are too..." He pauses, trying to find the right word. "Unwieldy to do anything with precision." 

The grown adult scribbles down some notes onto a new page. "Any other changes?"

Nijim nodded in response. -"I have found a few more things I can do in the 3 years since. I can stick to walls effortlessly and climb them. I don't get easily injured from hammers and spears, but things that cut like axes and swords still hurt like they always have. And I can... Talk? Communicate? With other Ooze. It's like I can make them think of me as a friend, even though they can't think usually."

The man finishes writing and twirls the pen in his hand. "So once again. Why did you keep this from us?"

Nijim's regret finally starts to slip from his face. -"Because even I didn't know what I was. I couldn't trust myself. If I couldn't do that, I had no reason to believe the guild would trust me either. When I finally started trusting myself and my abilities, I didn't know how to bring it up or what to say. But I just did it, I finally said it. And now." He paused for dramatic effect. "I'm ready to really use them."

(NEW) The Big Event

A 20 year old Nijim was out on a monster subjugation request like any other. Someone wanted the materials of a giant lizard in some forest, so him and a team of other guild members went to retrieve it. They failed.

It wasn't that everything went wrong, in fact they were quite prepared for the battle that was ahead. They were just unlucky during the fight. Nijim got heavily injured early on, the healer of the party wasn't able to get to him immediately, the frontline couldn't land a solid hit in while taking a decent amount of damage themselves, and the spellcaster's magic didn't do much damage either.

The team decided to run, but not before the Lizard got one more bite into Nijim, tearing off his left arm. He was more winded then the rest of the team, unable to keep up with the party as they fled the scene. He was going to be eaten alive unless he could find some place to hide. A tree with roots above-ground and a hole underneath caught his eye. Headfirst into the hole he went... and went... and went... It was much deeper than the young man realized. If he counted he would know that he was tumbling down the dirt hole for 23 seconds. 23 seconds isn't a long time for most things, but it is an excruciating long time when you constantly fall onto a gaping wound while utterly exhausted.

The hole finally spit him out after what felt like an eternity of pain onto a mossy stone-tiled floor. He wasn't expecting the sudden change of dirt-tunnel to stone floor and hit his head hard, knocking himself unconscious.

An ancient Ooze from the past felt this new warm presence. It inched forward towards the warmth. It wanted it. It took the warmth within it. It started absorbing this warm thing...

(NEW) Ooze Memories

It used to be light, bright, and warm often. It got dark, but then it got light again. Dark and light and light and dark, but always warm. There were other warm things sometimes, they came and left, but the ooze stayed. Light and dark and light and dark.
Then light. Then dark. Then light. Forever more.

Until it went dark, and it didn't get light again, but it stayed warm. Then it went cold. The ooze stayed dark and cold. Things shook. Things moved. But it was dark. It was cold. It stayed dark and cold forever. Longer still. The floor was hard, but it got fuzzy. Dark still.

Forever.

Something warm came. The Ooze moved for the first time in a while towards it. It wanted the warmth within, to feel warm again. It took the warmth within it and absorbed it... And it became different.

(NEW) Waking up

When the Ooze woke up it was assaulted with two sets of memories. One was short, colorful, exciting, overbearing in it's sheer intensity of high definition of multiple senses. The other was long, monotonous, overbearing in the sheer scale of the passage of time and of the repetition of similar cycles in limited senses.

After taking time to nurse his headache he looked at his own condition, his arm that grew back, and how slimy he was. He freaked out. When he finally calmed down he accepted what he was... Some sort of Ooze. He didn't know how it happened, his memories could not make any sense of the situation. He was unconscious and bleeding out, then he was alive and slimy with a massive headache. Perhaps this was some sort of reincarnation? He mused. It was not, but Nijim doesn't know that.

Time marched forth and Nijim needed to find his way out of the cave and out of the forest. The first problem was apparent when he finally had a chance to take in his surroundings, it was pitch black and in ruins. The walls destroyed, the floor upended, the pillars toppled. It was a miracle that there was even space to exist down here. He was about to be worried about the air, but a gentle breeze was flowing past him, out from the hole he fell from.

It took him 7 weeks to get out from the deathtrap that was the underground ruins. With limited sources of water and not much to hold it in he was constantly backtracking while trying to map the place out in his head. The ruins led to caverns that lead to other ruins, as if some sort of civilization lived there centuries to millennia  ago...

Once he did finally get out, it took him 3 weeks to get through the forest, and 2 weeks to arrive back at the guild headquarters.

The 10 weeks in the ruins and forest taught him how much stronger he was now. His current body has all the skills his prior one did, along with the abilities of the Ooze that he now was. He could squeeze through places he would have never been able to before, make tentacles to attack his enemies, heal from injuries over minutes instead of days.

He felt more comfortable and relaxed in a completely different form, one of a large round ooze, at twice his normal height. He can climb walls easily in this form, and sleep much more comfortably, even on the stone floors. Staying in his humanoid form was a bit restrictive, but it allowed him to have hands and speak.

Getting back to the city was a godsend... Realizing what his new situation there was heartbreaking. His apartment that he was renting was now rented to someone else. His assets inside were seized and sold off, as he was reported MIA by the guild.

He had to start all over... But with his new abilities it was easier than ever to get back to where he was.

Was typing the next part up, when 1 hour into it I hit the "back" button on my mouse, lost it all. I can't make myself re-type it in depth again, so I'm going to shorten and summarize it even more than what I'm already doing. The ones following should be back to normal length.

(NEW) 3 Long years

Nijim had to go back into accepting requests, as he didn't have anything to his name. He wasn't yet willing to work in groups yet. He wasn't sure he could keep his Ooze side a secret. He focused on solo missions for a few months. No one thought much of it. They guessed he just had trust issues since he was abandoned on the last mission by his team.

After almost 3/4ths of a year going solo he was finally confident in hiding his Ooze self, abilities and all. He also discovered a few new things about himself, such as finding that as he grew stronger his Ooze form grew larger. It wasn't immediately noticeable to himself. The only way he noticed was by relaxing in his new room. He used to be a few feet from the ceiling when he first moved in, but after a few months his slimy self was pressing up against it.

Now that he was comfortable and confident he went back to group assignments. These were the longest 2 years of his life. Hiding his abilities from his group of assorted casts was harder said than done. He got strangely good at lying and misleading his comrades. 'No, I never got hit. That attack just barley grazed me.' When in reality, he was hit hard and naturally healed most of the damage. Also staying in human form all day every day was uncomfortable at best, almost-painful at worst. He needed to create situations to get away from the group to de-transform, for even just a few moments, and re-regain his humanoid shape.

The stresses of hiding were too much for Nijim to do this every day. He took more breaks between adventures. Slept under the stars as a giant Ooze whenever possible. These relaxations only bought him slight reprieve from his jobs. But he pressed forward.

(NEW) Before the interview

An issue came from the forest that Nijim died in. Some strong presence was forcing out the monsters that lived within. While the presence was a serious issue if left alone, it was far too strong for Nijim to even think about dealing with. Stronger guildmates rushed to the scene to fix the threat.

However there was still issue of the monsters stampeding out of the forest. Whatever was making them leave their territory was also messing with their heads, each and every monster was overly aggressive and simple minded. While this would cause massive eco-system damage by itself, there was a more immediate threat that the guild was worried about. A hoard of Goliath Stag Beetles were headed straight for a town that lived close to the forest.

The guild put up an immediate notice for help with the situation. Nijim applied.

The massive group of guild members got to the city just minutes before the Beetles did. They had little time to prepare defenses and start the evacuation of the townspeople. The Beetles came fast and hard, trampling many people underfoot, many critically injured at the start. A few minutes of skirmishing against the waves of bugs finally brought the end into sight, but not until a few beetles broke off and tore through the protective walls between the on-site medical tent.

The only way to stop the Beetles from killing the already-injured was to have something blocking their way. This was the first time that Nijim showed his Ooze form to the people of the world. He took the charge head on, blocking it with his huge round form, stopping the assault from reaching the injured behind him.

Thanks to him dozens of people were saved. Some people appreciated what he did tremendously, especially those in the tent. Others meanwhile were wary or angry that he has never shown this power before, even more so since many of them have been on missions with him and could have used this form's powers.

The guild was curious and cautious towards him, but the cleanup and paper work were intense. After a nice discussion Nijim was free to resume his employment, now without the stress of holding parts of himself back.

(NEW) And 10 short years.

After that time passed by. Nijim didn't have to hide himself, so missions became easier and his stress levels decreased. He continued to fall asleep under the stars when he wanted, just for the sake of it.

As a year passed he continued doing group missions and become stronger. He found his Ooze side to be lacking in combat as it can't hold the daggers he usually uses. Someone suggested martial arts, as the monks can attack with any part of their body. Training proved that his Ooze form could in fact attack this way, so he continues with the training when not on missions.

A 2nd year passed quite the same. Missions and training and relaxing.

3rd year came and he was doing the same level of missions, but completely solo most of the time.

The 4th year brought an increase in mission difficulty, but his own improvements did not stop. His rate of growth was proven rapid compared to others, with no stopping in sight.

A real trial came in his 5th year. Not a physical one, but a mental one. He was told that he does not posses the soul of Nijim Kotei, and that the soul he has is an ancient one of a created being. An error of Revival magic use might bring back the boy who died in the forest 9 years ago instead of the Ooze he is today. This revelation caused a 7 month hiatus in Nijim accepting requests. He went home, spent a few months with parents, and few year old younger sister. It was as if they were a family once more.

A few months in Nijim dropped the bomb on them that he was not their son, but just their son's memories that an Ooze absorbed. Many tears were shed, but at the end of the day they accepted him with open arms. He was the only brother that his little sister knew, and he was pretty much the same person to his parents.

The year came to an end with Nijim leaving for the guild once more, this time with an actual send-off.

6th year brought growth, and a newly formed yearly tradition of Nijim going home and visiting his family for 2 weeks.

With his 7th year came the long missions. He was trusted by the guild to take on some of the hardest missions, including those that were long infiltration and assassination. Nijim spent months on a single mission, always killing those that needed to die.

the 8th, 9th, and 10th years were very similar. The only difference was that the difficulty of the missions increased each year.

He finally got the call from the guild for it's current Beholder issue. A group mission... It's been a while since he's had a group. A few years. But he's also been on teams for several years before that. It'll be a good chance for him to get back into that groove.

And really, how hard could this new mission be if he has a team backing him up?

(NEW) Personality

Nijim is very free-spirited. For his actions: He does what he wants when he wants to, within very reasonable limitations. He doesn't like causing others hardship with his actions, but if he has leeway to do something he deems more enjoyable without causing impacts upon others, then why not? Why sleep in a bed when the stars are doting the night sky? 

His interpersonal interactions aren't much different. He likes to lightly tease his comrades, but never takes it far enough to cause serious offense. He treats neutral parties like allies, but airing on the side of caution with the teasing. For enemies he is cold and calculating when stealthing, he'd rather get it quickly done and out of the way to enjoy the other things in life. When discovered and cornered he'll try to tease and misdirect the enemies from his true goal, whatever it may be for the mission. Depending on the situation, if possible he'll try to go and hide once more to take the enemies out as fast and easy as possible.

For family he is warm and caring, with a playful side, as there is not much else he would rather be doing in that moment. But like always the urge to stretch his limbs will eventually get the better of him. Then he'll leave to go on another mission.

(NEW) Appearances

Human form- Varies from 3'5" to 5'2" depending on how big/small he needs to be for the occasion. Darker-brown hair, tho not so dark it looks black, hangs from his head. Due to always needing to be transformed into this state his hair and face are always perfect, never blemished by scars or laying in weird positions. He looks like a 20ish young adult even though his mental age is in his 30s, and his physical Ooze-based body is somewhere in the hundreds. 

Besides being blemish free and young looking there aren't any other distinguishing features about his face. He is pretty much an average looking 20 year old guy.

His clothing set is loose furs that accommodates his varied changes in size quite well, while not being all that difficult to reproduce if destroyed.

His body type is not overly muscular, but is definitely not string-bean thin. He has tones muscles hiding under his clothing.

(NEW) Party roll, strengths and weaknesses.

Nijim is a DPS, Assassin, infiltrator, info gathering, dodge+offtank.

-DPS: Nijim's forms allow him to Full attack 6-9 times a turn, many/all of his attacks benefiting from styles to increase usability, and are all able to sneak attack. He also has his dex to damage for 6 attacks, and those 6 do extra damage in his huge Ooze form with a melee range of 20 feet.

-Assassin: Using his high stealth, speed, maneuverability, and the ability to stealth even while observed, Nijim is able to sneak around until he is able to get close enough to the enemy and end them in a turn. His Scout Gaze allows him to learn the enemy weakness and abuse it for this purpose.

-Infiltrator: Going heavy into the Scout and Athletics trees allow him to maneuver himself in and around anywhere, with his compression ability allowing him to really fit through tight spaces. His Rogue talents also help immensely. His stealth allows him to do this unseen. Beastshape 1 allows for swimming/flight while still having 6 attacks that can proc sneak attack damage.

-Info Gathering: See above. Also his constant True-sight from Scout allows him to see the truth behind magical lies.

-Dodge+offtank: Having high DEX and WIS while being a monk allows him to have a very high AC. Along with this he has a high Constitution, allowing him to be naturally tanky. All 3 of these are also the Saving throws of the character, allowing each to be decently high. Only WILL doesn't get full saving throw bonus from class. Ooze form is immune to precision damage and crits. Also Natural healing allows him to take damage and continue fighting without much worry. He can't lose limbs if he doesn't have any.

Also he can run for hours at 56 miles/hour, and in short bursts go 113 miles/hour. That has nothing to do with the above, I just think it's neat.

(UPDATED) Technical Character info.

One Side is going to be Shifter, Oozemorph 8 -> Unchained Monk, Master of Many Styles and Monk of the 4 Winds
Other side is Unchained Rogue, Canny Scoundrel + Planar Sneak

Using compression and class to specialize in stealth, full attacks, sneak attacks, and general durability.

Stat block will look something like this: maxed DEX, high CON, high-mid WIS, mid-low STR, low CHA, dumpable INT.

Going huge from Race. The oozemorph alter-self can make me small-medium, and even then I have access to compression, so I can go through tiny spaces when needed.

Nijim main forms will work as follows:
-Small-humanoid through alter-self for stealth and full attacks. With TWF and natural attacks, he can make 9 attacks. If he catches the enemy by surprise, each does sneak attack damage ontop of his high dex damage.

-Huge Ooze form. This is his form when in Anti-magic, or when he needs to make use of his size/reach/other ooze abilities. His attacks do more damage due to size increase, tho he is limited to 6 attacks in a full action (3 unarmed, 3 natural). However all 6 benefit from feats that have unarmed strike as a pre-req, and as a monk of many styles he'll be versatile in his fighting styles.

-Beast shape 1. This is for when he needs an ability he doesn't have, such as flight or swim speed. Technically his weakest form. His attacks do less damage, though it is easier to sneak in this form than in his Ooze form, so getting off sneak attack dice might be easier.

Google Spreadsheet has his build 80% set up, still a few more things I need to pick. Will move to a myth-weavers sheet when possible.

Edited by hiace50 (see edit history)

Reserved for building. Never played with many of these options before, so this will look like a complete mess until I figure some stuff out.

Oath Points:

20 oath points for oath stuff:

--3 (3/20)-Accelerated Recovery: You gain fast healing equal to half your character level (minimum 1). (Shuts off in Beholder Anti-magic)

--2 (5/20)-Immortality (Ex): You do not need to eat, drink, or sleep, and do not age so long as you do not break your oath (this prevents you from gaining bonuses or penalties from aging). At 5th level, you become immune to disease and aging effects. At 10th level, you become immune to poison and do not need to breathe.

--6 (11/20)-Energy Resistance (Ex): acid, cold, electricity, fire, sonic, negative energy. You gain resistance 5 to each energy type, which increases by 5 at 4th level and every 4 levels thereafter (to a maximum of 30 at 20th level). (Currently 20) (Shuts off in Beholder Anti-magic)

--3 (14/20)-Spell Resistance (Su): You gain the ability to shrug off magical effects, gaining spell resistance of 11 + your character level. If you already possess spell resistance, you increase this existing spell resistance by 6. You may lower or raise this spell resistance as a standard action.

--1 (15/20)-Keen Senses: You gain Darkvisioin 60' (or add +30' to existing Darkvision). You quadruple the distance you are able to see in fog, mist, smoke, etc. (usually from 5 ft. to 20 ft.). You gain Perception as a class skill, and if you have 5 or more ranks in it, you gain its skill unlock. If you have at least 10 ranks in Perception, you reduce all range based penalties to Perception by half.  This applies to Range Increment penalties as well.

--5 (20/20)-Skill Superiority (Ex): Stealth, perception, climb, fly, swim. You gain a competence bonus on all checks made with these skills skill equal to 2 + 1/2 your character level.

--(-1) 19/20-Oath of Humility: You are not a leader or a bearer of glory, but rather a simple servant of greater forces. You may not accept the service of followers, underlings, or minions (including summoned, tamed, or animated minions), nor may you accept noble titles or own lands beyond what you need to survive.

--(-1) 18/20-Oath of Celibacy: You have vowed to abstain from all intimacy with others, refusing to form romantic or sexual attachments with others. You cannot express any non-platonic love to others in any form, and cannot willingly benefit from morale bonuses granted by other characters or from the aid another action. In addition, you cannot perform the aid another action to benefit other people.

--2 (20/20)-Bonus Feats: Gain bonus feats at 6th, 12th, 18th.

Origin Talents:

6 Potent Origin Talents, 3 Phenomenal Potent Talent

5 Potent Origin for Huge
1 potent origin -> 2 Auxiliary talents AND 1 Utility talent.

Phenomenal: 3 Potent (Or 6 total auxilary/utility)
--Mistsight [auxiliary]: You can see through fog, mist, murky water, and smoke as if they were perfectly clear, ignoring the miss chance for these obstructions, up to your normal range of vision.

--Greater Natural Attack [auxiliary]: Choose a natural attack which has had its damage increased by Improved Natural Attack. It is treated as one additional size larger for the purpose of calculating its damage dice. This talent can be selected multiple times, each time applying to a different natural weapon.

--All-Around Vision [potent]: You cannot be flanked.

--Endless Stamina [potent]: You are immune to fatigue and exhaustion.

Non-Phenomenal: 2 Auxiliary talents AND 1 Utility talent. (FCB 1/6th AUX from 1 side = +2 AUX)

--Multitalented [auxiliary]: You treat all classes as your favored class, gaining favored class bonuses whenever you take a level in any of them. This includes prestige classes in addition to base classes.

--Developed Tolerance (exhaustion, fatigue) [auxiliary]: You gain a +2 origin bonus to saving throws against those types of effects.

--2*Scent [auxiliary]: You have a limited scent ability, which only functions for corpses and badly wounded creatures (50% or fewer hit points). If you take this talent a second time, you gain the full benefits of the scent ability.

--Quick Rest [utility]: You only need to sleep 2 hours per day to gain the benefit of 8 hours of sleep. This allows a character that requires rest to regain spell points or prepare spells to do so after only 2 hours, but this does not allow a character to regain spell points or prepare spells more than once per day.

Edited by hiace50
Finished! (see edit history)

Character Level progression:
SIDE 1 (Oozemorph 8 -> Unchained Monk 7 (Master of many Styles, monk of the 4 winds))

Side 1 Level-up abilities Shifter, Oozemorph

Shifter, Oozemorph
1st level:

--Compression (Ex): Gains compression as per the universal monster rule, regardless of the current form taken.

--Fluidic Body (Su): Base form is that of a protoplasmic blob that has the same volume and weight. Her creature type as both ooze and her base creature type. In this form, the oozemorph is immune to critical hits and precision damage and can’t be flanked.
She has no magic item slots and she cannot benefit from armor; cast spells; hold objects; speak; or use any magic item that requires activation, is held, or is worn on the body.

**An oozemorph can carry items floating in its mass that are considered to be attuned. When it turns into a humanoid form via fluidic body, it can equip any number of those items. The items meld into the new form and grant some passive benefits, as normal for polymorph effects.

An oozemorph reverts to this formless state whenever she is unconscious or in an area of antimagic. This is treated as a polymorph effect.

A number of times per day equal to half her level, an oozemorph can assume a humanoid form as a move action. This transformation is identical to alter self, but they can for maintain the form for a number of hours equal to her level. Each hour after this duration, the oozemorph must succeed at a DC 15 fortitude save or revert back to her fluidic body until she rests for at least 8 hours. This save DC increases by 1 for each additional hour spent maintaining the form.

At 8th level, the oozemorph can treat this ability as best shape I

Ending this transformation at any time reverts the oozemorph back to her ooze form and renders her fatigued for a number of minutes equal to the number of hours she maintained the form.

--Morphic Weaponry (Ex): Can create a number of natural weapons to fight with from any portion of her body, regardless of her current form. At 1st level, as a move action, an oozemorph can form two primary natural attacks that each deal 1d6 points of bludgeoning, piercing, or slashing damage, chosen by the oozemorph when she forms them. An oozemorph can change the damage type of any number of her natural weapons as a swift action. An oozemorph gains one additional primary natural attack at 6th level.

The total number of natural attacks an oozemorph has at any given time is capped by this amount.

--Ooze Empathy (Ex): Wild shape, but with oozes that have an Intelligence score of 2 or lower. An oozemorph can use this ability on mindless oozes; when she does so, she imparts a modicum of intellect to the ooze to allow it to respond to her commands.

2nd Level:

--Damage Reduction (Ex): Gains DR 4/slashing while unencumbered and either wearing no armor or wearing light nonmetal armor. DR increases by 2 at 4th level and every 4 levels thereafter.

--Track (Ex): Adds half her level as a bonus on Survival checks to follow tracks.

4th Level:
--Clinging Ooze (Ex): When in her natural form, an oozemorph gains a climb speed of 10 feet.

--Damage Reduction (Ex): DR 4/slashing -> DR 6/slashing

5th Level:
--Trackless Step (Ex): A shifter leaves no trail in natural surroundings and cannot be tracked. She can choose to leave a trail if she so desires.

6th Level:
--Morphic Weaponry (Ex): Gains 3rd primary natural attack.

8th Level:
--Damage Reduction (Ex): DR 6/slashing -> DR 8/slashing

--Fluidic Body (Su): Can treat this ability as beast shape I

Side 1 Level-up abilities Unchained Monk, (Master of Many Styles, Monk of the 4 Winds)

Unchained MonkMaster of Many Styles and Monk of the Four Winds
1st level:  

--Bonus Feat: At 1st level, 2nd level, and every four levels thereafter, select a bonus style feat. He does not need to meet the prerequisites of that feat. Starting at 6th level, can choose to instead gain a wildcard style slot. Whenever he enters one or more styles, he can spend his wildcard style slots to gain feats in those styles’ feat paths if he meets the prerequisites. Each time he changes styles, he can also change these wildcard style slots.

--Fuse Style (Ex): Can have two style feat stances active at once. Starting a stance provided by a style feat is still a swift action, but when the master of many styles switches to another style feat, he can choose one style whose stance is already active to persist. He may only have two style feat stances active at a time.
At 8th level, the master of many styles can fuse three styles at once. He can have the stances of three style feats active at the same time. He gains a bonus on attack rolls equal to the number of styles whose stances he currently has active. Furthermore, he can enter up to three stances as a swift action.

--Elemental Fist (Su) :Gains Elemental Fist as a bonus feat, even if he does not meet the prerequisites. At 5th level, and every five levels thereafter, the monk increases the damage of his Elemental Fist by 1d6.

--Unarmed Strike: Gains Improved Unarmed Strike as a bonus feat. The damage dealt by a monk’s unarmed strike is determined by the unarmed damage column.

--AC Bonus: When unarmored and unencumbered, the monk adds his Wisdom bonus (if any) to his AC and CMD. In addition, a monk gains a +1 bonus to AC and CMD at 4th level. This bonus increases by 1 for every four monk levels thereafter, up to a maximum of +5 at 20th level.

These bonuses to AC apply even against touch attacks or when the monk is flat-footed. He loses these bonuses when he is immobilized or helpless, when he wears any armor, when he carries a shield, or when he carries a medium or heavy load.

2nd Level:
--Evasion: At 2nd level, if a monk succeeds at a Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, he instead takes no damage.

3rd Level:
--
Fast Movement: gains an enhancement bonus to his land speed, as shown on Table.

--Ki Pool (Su): gains a pool of ki points, supernatural energy he can use to accomplish amazing feats. The number of points in a ki pool is equal to 1/2 his monk level + his Wisdom modifier. As long as he has at least 1 point in his ki pool, he can make a ki strike.
At 3rd level, ki strike allows his unarmed attacks to be treated as magic weapons for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

4th Level:
--Ki Power (Su): At 4th level and every 2 levels thereafter, a monk can select one ki power.

--Still Mind (Ex): Gains a +2 bonus on saving throws against enchantment spells and effects.

5th Level:

--Purity of Body (Ex): Gains immunity to all diseases, including supernatural and magical diseases.

--Style Strike (1/round): UNUSABLE, no Flurry of Blows.

6th Level:
--Wildcard: As above in Fuse Style.

--Ki Power: Select a Ki Power

7th Level:
--Kistrike: (cold iron/silver)

SIDE 2 (Unchained rouge 15 (Canny Scoundrel, Planer Sneak)

Side 2 Level-up abilities Unchained Rogue, (Canny Scoundrel, Planer Sneak)

Unchained Rouge, Canny Scoundrel and Planar Sneak

1st Level:
--Martial Tradition: Pick a martial Tradition.

--Combat Training (Ex): Considered an Adept practitioner, gaining spheres and talents as appropriate, and uses the higher of their Charisma or Intelligence as their practitioner modifier.

--Keen Blades, Keen Eyes, and Keen Wits: Gains the Scoundrel and Scout spheres as bonus spheres, as well as Finesse Fighting from the Equipment sphere, even if she would not normally qualify for it. If she already possesses one or more of these spheres, she may instead choose any talent she qualifies for from the corresponding sphere.

--Finesse Training (Ex): Gains Weapon Finesse as a bonus feat. Starting at 3rd level, she can select any one type of weapon that can be used with Weapon Finesse. Whenever she makes a successful melee attack with the selected weapon, she adds her Dexterity modifier instead of her Strength modifier to the damage roll. The rogue can select a second weapon at 11th level.

--Sneak Attack: The rogue’s attack deals extra damage anytime her target would be denied a Dexterity bonus to AC, or when the rogue flanks her target. This extra damage is 1d6 at 1st level, and increases by 1d6 every 2 rogue levels thereafter.
The rogue must be able to see the target well enough to pick out a vital spot and must be able to reach such a spot. A rogue cannot sneak attack while striking a creature with total concealment.

2nd Level:
--Evasion (Ex): If she succeeds at a Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, she instead takes no damage.

--Rogue Talents: Starting at 2nd level, a rogue gains one rogue talent. She gains an additional rogue talent for every 2 levels of rogue attained after 2nd level. A rogue cannot select an individual talent more than once.

3rd Level:

--Planar Sense (Ex): Gains a +1 bonus on saving throws against all effects with the air, chaos, earth, evil, fire, good, law, or water descriptors.

This bonus increases by 1 for every 3 rogue levels thereafter (to a maximum of +6 at 18th level).

--Finesse Training (Ex): DEX to damage 1 weapon group.

4th Level:

--Elemental Execution (Su): At 4th level, a planar sneak treats creatures with the elemental subtype as though they were vulnerable to her sneak attack, but she deals only half as much sneak attack damage as she normally would. She can confirm critical hits against such creatures, though 50% of the time, the critical hit is automatically negated and damage is instead rolled normally. At 8th level, this ability also applies to all outsiders otherwise immune to critical hits and sneak attack damage.

--Debilitating Injury (Ex): Whenever a rogue deals sneak attack damage to a foe, she can also debilitate the target of her attack, causing it to take a penalty for 1 round (this is in addition to any penalty caused by a rogue talent or other special ability). These penalties do not stack with themselves, but additional attacks that deal sneak attack damage extend the duration by 1 round.

5th Level:
--Rogue’s Edge (Ex): At 5th level, a rogue has mastered a single skill beyond that skill’s normal boundaries, gaining results that others can only dream about. She gains the skill unlock powers for that skill as appropriate for her number of ranks in that skill. At 10th, 15th, and 20th levels, she chooses an additional skill and gains skill unlock powers for that skill as well.

6th Level:

--Rogue talent: Get a rogue talent

8th Level:
--
Elemental Execution (Su): Applies to all outsiders otherwise immune to critical hits and sneak attack damage.

10th Level:

--Advanced Talents: At 10th level and every 2 levels thereafter, a rogue can choose one of the following advanced talents in place of a rogue talent.

--Rogue’s Edge (Ex): Pick another skill.

11th Level:
--
Finesse Training (Ex): Pick a second weapon group.

14th Level:
--Rogue talent: Get a rogue talent

15th Level:
--Rogue’s Edge (Ex): Pick a 3rd skill.

Edited by hiace50
Finished! (see edit history)

Gutted one of the templates to use later. Anyone is free to grab it.

Nijim Kotei - King of Ooze

TITLE HEREThe text of your post will go here.

"Bold, color, and quotes for speech"

'color and italics for thoughts'

Show Mechanics

spacer.png

Main Hand:
Off Hand:

Action: Your action goes here.
Bonus Action: Your bonus action goes here.
Move: Your movement goes here.
Manipulate: Your one free object interaction goes here.

Show Mini Character Sheet

spacer.png

NAME HERE "Bloodnut"
RACE HERE CLASS HERE 15

Str  Dex  Con  Int  Wis  Cha
HP / HD  AC  Speed  Swim

DR  Initiative

Languages Common

Show Equipment

spacer.png

General Inventory ( lbs.)

Coin Purse ( lbs.)
Platinum:
Gold:
Electrum:
Silver:
Copper:

Encumbrance

Max Load:

Medium Load:

Current Weight:

21 minutes ago, RedDingo said:

Is this that time you got reincarnated as a slime?

This is that time the slime absorbed and gained the sentience of a human.

I'm really trying my best not to go anime. I just want to play an Oozemorph for once in my life, and thought this would be a nice spin on the concept.

22 hours ago, hiace50 said:

There are too many feats, talents, traits, origins, oaths, spheres... Ima make a google spreadsheet and link it here just to keep track of it all.
It's empty now, but it'll fill with time. I'm letting people comment on it if ya'll want.

Works for me.  All I ask is that, once your character is complete, all the info gets put onto a PF sheet.  🙂

Edited by Arklytte (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Arklytte said:

Works for me.  All I ask is that, once your character is complete, all the info gets put onto a PF sheet.  🙂

That's exactly what I plan on doing. Still at the stage of decision making of the finer parts of the build (class picking is done, ability scores are approximated in my head)

I might be a little tooooo focused on writing up the backstory in the first post... there should only be 2-3 more sections before that massive wall of text is done.

Backstory in first post is completely finished, and the build plan there is solidified in the Technical Character info section.
@Arklytte Feel free to look over that first post and read the novel there at your leisure.
The full build and character sheet are the next things I will work on over the following few days.

Fully finished the first 3 posts!
Fluff (First post)
Oath/Origin (Second post)
Both Classes, Archetypes and the abilities (Third post)

The 4th post (Character post) needs some work, but the basics are down, will have time to tweak later.

Character Sheet (linked here) is not yet done. Feats+talents need to be picked. Money needs to be spent. I don't have enough time today to do these, but a simplified "What it will look like":

Skills are high-mobility and for action-based usability, little skills will go to knowledges/crafts/preforms.
Feats are some tanky ones (Endurance, diehard), Extra Rogue Talents, and Style Feats (Jabbing Style feat tree and Ascetic Style feat tree), along with skill focuses if possible to fit. Also some stealth based feats.
Rogue Talents are utility, stealth, damage.
Character Talents are skill boosting.
Money is on defense/offense magic. Simple boosts like saving throws, AC, to-hit, skills, etc. Nothing fancy here. Maybe monk robes but probably not.

The other 2 character sheets I'll need (Ooze form, Ooze form under antimagic) will come later. I want to finish this one then clone sheet and make adjustments.