Edit History

Cirlot

Cirlot

Neve-Portrait.png.715b60d9a501d9c045e81e804ad5d5b5.png

Neve Nevergreen - Smallfolk Rogue

Neve's sigh is audible, loud enough that she curses under her breath after and casts a worried glance over at the lizardman to make certes they had not heard her lapse in . . . decorum? Patience?  Tradecraft?

Children, the lot of them.  Tall legged long limbed tiny skull'd children with itty-bitty thoughts and a lack of patience that would get them all killed . . . .

She sighed again, quieter this time, the long exhalation bringing her one step closer to calm as she looked up at The Fool, The Fighter and The Heretic and tried to figure out what in the Nine Hells they'd actually all agree to.

"Check the packs the Oracle gave us?  I thought I saw a lantern, and if there's a lantern there's oil . . ." Neve knew blasted full well that her pack had at least two flasks of the same, and the mad old woman had insisted they each take such a pack.  She had hoped to point one of the tallfolk to their own stores first but, well, needs must and sharing wouldn't kill her.

"As for playing the witch . . . " Neve grimaced, sucking in a thoughtful breath through bared teeth.  " - I don't know.  I didn't know Her but there was a Seeress I consulted that set my path here who might have been this one's apprentice in the long ago?  Problem is while  mlle. Fun-fox here looks the part a ruse only works if one wishes it to succeed; and I'm not sure how I feel about asking a member of Ivana's clergy to lie."

Casting a long, deadpan look at Edgewick, the hallfing woman cocked her head to one side and narrowed her eyes in question.

"How's your falsetto?"

Out of Character

Mostly a placeholder/character post while I try a roll: quick disclaimer - Neve's curmudgeonly snark is intended for comedic effect and character work while I try and find Neve's voice. It's not intended as actual malice towards any PCs or players, and if it's distracting or unpleasant let me know, I can dial it back or drop it.

That said, lets see if Neve knows anything about the Witch. I'm pitching using her special ability of Legend Lore to recall any info, with the excuse that the Seeress that revealed Neve's task and sent her to the Oracle was potentially a member of the same coven/sisterhood.

Legend Lore for Neve is based on INT which is prime for her so the base roll will be 1d20 + INT (+2) + Level (+3) vs a base TN of 12, CR unknown.

Legend Lore [INT] Check

Cirlot

Cirlot

Neve's sigh is audible, loud enough that she curses under her breath after and casts a worried glance over at the lizardman to make certes they had not heard her lapse in . . . decorum? Patience?  Tradecraft?

Children, the lot of them.  Tall legged long limbed tiny skull'd children with itty-bitty thoughts and a lack of patience that would get them all killed . . . .

She sighed again, quieter this time, the long exhalation bringing her one step closer to calm as she looked up at The Fool, The Fighter and The Heretic and tried to figure out what in the Nine Hells they'd actually all agree to.

"Check the packs the Oracle gave us?  I thought I saw a lantern, and if there's a lantern there's oil . . ." Neve knew blasted full well that her pack had at least two flasks of the same, and the mad old woman had insisted they each take such a pack.  She had hoped to point one of the tallfolk to their own stores first but, well needs must.

"As for playing the witch . . . " Neve grimaced, sucking in a thoughtful breath through bared teeth.  " - I don't know.  I didn't know Her but there was a Seeress I consulted that set my path here who might have been this one's apprentice in the long ago?  Problem is while  mlle. Fun-fox here looks the part a ruse only works if one wishes it to succeed; and I'm not sure how I feel about asking a member of Ivana's clergy to lie."

Casting a long, deadpan look at Edgewick, the hallfing woman cocked her head to one side and narrowed her eyes in question.

"How's your falsetto?"

Out of Character

Mostly a placeholder/character post while I try a roll: quick disclaimer - Neve's curmudgeonly snark is intended for comedic effect and character work while I try and find Neve's voice. It's not intended as actual malice towards any PCs or players, and if it's distracting or unpleasant let me know, I can dial it back or drop it.

That said, lets see if Neve knows anything about the Witch. I'm pitching using her special ability of Legend Lore to recall any info, with the excuse that the Seeress that revealed Neve's task and sent her to the Oracle was potentially a member of the same coven/sisterhood.

Legend Lore for Neve is based on INT which is prime for her so the base roll will be 1d20 + INT (+2) + Level (+3) vs a base TN of 12, CR unknown.

Legend Lore [INT] Check

Cirlot

Cirlot

"Check the packs the Oracle gave us?  I thought I saw a lantern, and if there's a lantern there's oil . . ." Neve knew blasted full well that her pack had at least two flasks of the same, and the mad old woman had insisted they each take such a pack.  She had hoped to point one of the tallfolk to their own stores first but, well needs must.

"How's your falsetto?"

Out of Character

Legend Lore [INT] Check