Edit History

Cirlot

Cirlot

Neve

Neve Nevergreen - Smallfolk Rogue

"Bloody hells - "  Neve turns ever so faintly green and immediately makes a liar of herself; plopping unsteadily down upon a chair as one hand goes to her temple and her eyes screw briefly shut.  Steadying her breathing, she huffs a large sigh before taking in a large breath through her nose and then out again from the mouth.  The fingers at her temple tap once, then twice, then rub small circles as she winces before opening her eyes again.

"Sorry."  She mutters "Tired all of a sudden.  Fight took more out of me than I thought.  My apologies about your upholstery."

Settling into her seat as the aura's fade, Neve's eyes narrowed at the girlish smile Ilyra cast Wickes way.  Looking from the girl, to the rogue priest, then back again, Neve 's face faltered between a scowl and a grin before settling on neither, her eyes rolling once as she lashed out with a boot and tried to thump Wicke in the shins.  Making eye contact she engaged in the time honored pantomime of irritated friends and indiscreet parents, mouthing D O N T Y O U D A R E at him before turning back to the conversation at hand . . .

"Aye, we can tell the Oracle but - " frowning, Neve leaned forward, casting a glance down the hall and into the depths of the tower before turning back and settling her gaze on the children.

" - I cannot speak for her intentions.  It's telling, I think, that she sent us here to find the Witch rather than to return thee to her."

"I'm wondering - " Neve looked around the circle of her companions, wondering if they had drawn the same conclusion as her.  " - you are barred from the Basement, and I'd wager that the same magic that has the tower serve you binds you from entrance to that place.  We - " another glance, conspiratorial, clever as hint of a smile creases the smallfolk's face.  " - are likely not so bound.  What cause has the Witch to bar strangers from a basement they don't know exists in a tower they cannot see the doorway of?"

"With permission - and agreement - " the first is said to the children, the last to the party entire.  " - might we try making our way into the basement ourselves, to see if we can render aid or, failing that, find cause?"

Cirlot

Cirlot

Neve

Neve Nevergreen - Smallfolk Rogue

"Bloody hells - "  Neve turns ever so faintly green and immediately makes a liar of herself; plopping unsteadily down upon a chair as one hand goes to her temple and her eyes screw briefly shut.  Steadying her breathing, she huffs a large sigh before taking in a large breath through her nose and then out again from the mouth.  The fingers at her temple tap once, then twice, then rub small circles as she winces before opening her eyes again.

"Sorry."  She mutters "Tired all of a sudden.  Fight took more out of me than I thought.  My apologies about your upholstery."

Settling into her seat as the aura's fade, Neve's eyes narrowed at the girlish smile Ilyra cast Wickes way.  Looking from the girl, to the rogue priest, then back again, Neve 's face faltered between a scowl and a grin before settling on neither, her eyes rolling once as she lashed out with a boot and tried to thump Wicke in the shins.  Making eye contact she engaged in the time honored pantomime of irritated friends and indiscreet parents, mouthing D O N T Y O U D A R E at him before turning back to the conversation at hand . . .

"Aye, we can tell the Oracle but - " frowning, Neve leaned forward, casting a glance down the hall and into the depths of the tower before turning back and settling her gaze on the children.

" - I cannot speak for her intentions.  It's telling, I think, that she sent us here to find the Witch rather than to return thee to her."

"I'm wondering - " Neve looked around the circle of her companions, wondering if they had drawn the same conclusion as her.  " - you are barred from the Basement, and I'd wager that the same magic that has the tower serve you binds you from entrance to that place.  We - " another glance, conspiratorial, clever as hint of a smile creases the smallfolk's face.  " - are likely not so bound.  What cause has the Witch to bar strangers from a basement they don't know exists in a tower they cannot see the doorway of."

"With permission - and agreement - " the first is said to the children, the last to the party entire.  " - might we try making our way into the basement ourselves, to see if we can render aid or, failing that, find cause?"