Edit History

Cointhief

Cointhief

At Chaeek's latest inquiry, the Whistleslap twins admit it is not their area of expertise, nor the topic of their collections...but remind him of the library adjacent to the Spelljammer Nexus.

Returning to the Simulations Deck, you walk in on the end of some kind of historical lecture. A few visuals stand silently animated by Bacon's magics: the remnants of an ancient ship with an overgrown, massive berry-bush shrubbery; the face of an illithid with a strangely human expression; and a collection of jittery metallic devices with animated letters 'Sunslayer(?)'. "...and thus, it was assumed only a true Living Ship could escape the Astromundi Cluster. It should be considered a matter of open debate what wild force saw the end of the Crystal Spheres, but the effect on Clusterspace is undeniable."

Most of the students in the audience could not care less, a few even snore lightly in the shadows of the illusory projections. One however, a young dark haired lad dares a hand "You mentioned there are no major celestial bodies remaining at all...how can a ship ever reach Spelljamming speed with only planetary remnants scattered everywhere?"

Tarto drags the final inch of her cigar into a thick red coal "An excellent point, Haverstance. Only a few straight line navigational paths are thought to exist, and they would be plagued by pirates and raiders. Most agree small hops at tactical speed, relying on other methods of clairvoyance are the way to go...a good thing to remember, regardless of the 'Space you're in: the Helm's speed reduction can be a double-edged sword. Regarding Clusterspace however, no one in the Fleet has the experience to say."

*AwwoOooGha*

The nautical horn bellows throughout the Academy, signaling change. As students filter out, Tarto motions you over. "Timely. I like that. I have one final task for you all before lunch...but first I'll need that report. I want to hear from each of you. What have you learned, what questions do you have, how do you feel about working together as a crew?" The clipboard again comes out, ready to jot every detail.

Cointhief

Cointhief

At Chaeek's latest inquiry, the Whistleslap twins admit it is not their area of expertise, nor the topic of their collections...but remind him of the library adjacent to the Spelljammer Nexus.

Returning to the Simulations Deck, you walk in on the end of some kind of historical lecture. A few visuals stand silently animated by Bacon's magics: the remnants of a ancient ship with an overgrown, massive berry-bush shrubbery; the face of an illithid with a strangely human expression; and a collection of strange devices with animated letters 'Sunslayer(?)'. "...and thus, it was assumed only a true Living Ship could escape the Astromundi Cluster. It should be considered a matter of open debate what wild force saw the end of the Crystal Spheres, but the effect on Clusterspace is undeniable."

Most of the students in the audience could not care less, a few even snore lightly in the shadows of the illusory projections. One however, a young dark haired lad dares a hand "You mentioned there are no major celestial bodies remaining at all...how can a ship ever reach Spelljamming speed with only planetary remnants scattered everywhere?"

Tarto drags the final inch of her cigar into a thick red coal "An excellent point, Haverstance. Only a few straight line navigational paths are thought to exist, and they would be plagued by pirates and raiders. Most agree small hops at tactical speed, relying on other methods of clairvoyance are the way to go...a good thing to remember, regardless of the 'Space you're in: the Helm's speed reduction can be a double-edged sword. Regarding Clusterspace however, no one in the Fleet has the experience to say."

*AwwoOooGha*

The nautical horn bellows throughout the Academy, signaling change. As students filter out, Tarto motions you over. "Timely. I like that. I have one final task for you all before lunch...but first I'll need that report. I want to hear from each of you. What have you learned, what questions do you have, how do you feel about working together as a crew?" The clipboard again comes out, ready to jot every detail.

Cointhief

Cointhief

At Chaeek's latest inquiry, the Whistleslap twins admit it is not their area of expertise...but remind him of the library adjacent to the Spelljammer Nexus.

Returning to the Simulations Deck, you walk in on the end of some kind of historical lecture. A few visuals stand silently animated by Bacon's magics: the remnants of a ancient ship with an overgrown, massive berry-bush shrubbery; the face of an illithid with a strangely human expression; and a collection of strange devices with animated letters 'Sunslayer(?)'. "...and thus, it was assumed only a true Living Ship could escape the Astromundi Cluster. It should be considered a matter of open debate what wild force saw the end of the Crystal Spheres, but the effect on Clusterspace is undeniable."

*AwwoOooGha*

Cointhief

Cointhief

At Chaeek's latest inquiry, the Whistleslap twins admit it is not their area of expertise...but remind him of the library adjacent to the Spelljammer Nexus.

*AwwoOooGha*

The nautical horn bellows throughout the Academy, signaling change. As students filter out, Tarto motions you over. "Timely. I like that. I have one final task for you all...but first I'll need that report. I want to hear from each of you. What have you learned, what questions do you have, how do you feel about working together as a crew?" The clipboard again comes out, ready to jot every detail.