Edit History

Saberfan

Saberfan

21 hours ago, namo said:

And... I'm already starting with the questions: (sorry! 😉)

• "It should go without saying that non-spheres content is also banned. "
    You mean 3rd party content? I.e. most Paizo contents is still on the table? I plan to use Spheres, but out of curiosity, will traditional casting be banned?

• what will happen to options (feats, archetypes, ...) open to traditional races? All banned, all open to refluffing, some middle ground?
  • what will make an application complete: just a sketch of the idea, a fully written-out background+personality (but without mechanics), or the whole package?

There's no need to apologize! I would much rather people ask questions than not. As for your specific questions:

• This thread started out as means of gathering together spheres players, so my original plan was for it to be spheres-only. There are official spheres conversions for the majority of Paizo's classes and there's a fan conversion of the Kineticist that I like a lot, all of which are fine. The only normal Paizo content that I was planning on allowing was the more basic things that pretty much everything else relies on: feats, skills, etc. If I did open up options to include things outside of spheres, the big three from Dreamscarred would likely be included in addition to first-party simply because they are my next-largest obsession. As I previously mentioned though, I'm currently operating under the spheres-only premise at the moment.
  • Race requirements will be waived for all content so long as a character meets all other requirements. To give an example: let's say there is an archetype that expands and improves on the Halfling Luck racial ability; a character would not need to be a Halfling to take it, but they would need to have that specific racial ability to take it.
  • I would say that it's preferable for someone to have the whole package when it comes to applications. A statblock of some kind is necessary so that I can see what kind of role they could serve and so that any potential cheese could be spotted beforehand. Background and personality are likewise necessary to give an idea of who the character is.
Saberfan

Saberfan

20 hours ago, namo said:

And... I'm already starting with the questions: (sorry! 😉)

• "It should go without saying that non-spheres content is also banned. "
    You mean 3rd party content? I.e. most Paizo contents is still on the table? I plan to use Spheres, but out of curiosity, will traditional casting be banned?

• what will happen to options (feats, archetypes, ...) open to traditional races? All banned, all open to refluffing, some middle ground?
  • what will make an application complete: just a sketch of the idea, a fully written-out background+personality (but without mechanics), or the whole package?

Asking questions indicates interest and so there's no need to apologize! I would much rather people ask questions than not. As for your specific questions:

• This thread started out as means of gathering together spheres players, so my original plan was for it to be spheres-only. There are official spheres conversions for the majority of Paizo's classes and there's a fan conversion of the Kineticist that I like a lot, all of which are fine. The only normal Paizo content that I was planning on allowing was the more basic things that pretty much everything else relies on: feats, skills, etc. If I did open up options to include things outside of spheres, the big three from Dreamscarred would likely be included in addition to first-party simply because they are my next-largest obsession. As I previously mentioned though, I'm currently operating under the spheres-only premise at the moment.
  • Race requirements will be waived for all content so long as a character meets all other requirements. To give an example: let's say there is an archetype that expands and improves on the Halfling Luck racial ability; a character would not need to be a Halfling to take it, but they would need to have that specific racial ability to take it.
  • I would say that it's preferable for someone to have the whole package when it comes to applications. A statblock of some kind is necessary so that I can see what kind of role they could serve and so that any potential cheese could be spotted beforehand. Background and personality are likewise necessary to give an idea of who the character is.