Edit History

Lex Samreeth

Lex Samreeth

Garrak Tearandrend

"How many times will I have to repeat myself, you ignoramus?"unknown.png?width=427&height=427

Garrak is glaring at Thrack with a look of...not quite hatred. More disdain.

"Beholders don't NEED fists. You wouldn't, either, if you had the ability to shoot a beam from your eyes that burned hot as a red dragon's breath, another that would freeze another's muscles in place, a third that could turn even the mightiest giant into dust in an instant...the list varies between the different types, but the point still stands, each one of those eyes is a weapon just a lethal as your fist, or possibly even more so."

Garrak stands up, picking up a chalice that would normally be used to prepare communion wine. In his hands, it is more like a normal wine glass. Despite only coming up to Thrack's chest, his stare betrays absolutely no fear.

"Furthermore, they will likely have enthralled the local cyclops population, as well as any number of other dangerous creatures. And more to the point, there MUST be something even stronger forcing them to work together."

He turns and looks over the others who have gathered so far, gently swirling the wine in his chalice. The contrast between his refined posture and his bestial appearance is pronounced.

"It's almost certain many of you have snickered behind my back about the size of my ego. Comes with the territory when you pursue godhood. But that is nothing compared to a beholder's pride. Each one believes themselves to be a perfect representative of their deity. And therefore, that all beholders that look the slightest bit different, down to the color of their smallest eye or the placement of a single eyestalk, are blasphemous mutants that needs to be exterminated on the spot. For two beholders to work together, it would take circumstances beyond the pale. And the initial reports are that our initial contact was beset by THREE working in concert."

He lifts the chalice to his muzzle, taking a moment to savor the wine's bouquet before taking a sip.

"And might I remind you, Thrack, that Steelstaff soundly trounces you every last time you challenge him for leadership? If someone of HIS caliber is breaking out in a cold sweat over this news, you should regard what lies before us as something that could possibly overwhelm the Guild, and destroy its powerful protections that we rely on. And you all know what that means. No more guaranteed resurrection. No more viewing getting your head caved in as a minor inconvenience. No more charging down the mightiest creatures in the land with the certainty that we can just get up and give it another go."

Lex Samreeth

Lex Samreeth

Garrak Tearandrend

"How many times will I have to repeat myself, you ignoramus?"unknown.png?width=427&height=427

Garrak is glaring at Thrack with a look of...not quite hatred. More disdain.

"Beholders don't NEED fists. You wouldn't, either, if you had the ability to shoot a beam from your eyes that burned hot as a red dragon's breath, another that would freeze another's muscles in place, a third that could turn even the mightiest giant into dust in an instant...the list varies between the different types, but the point still stands, each one of those eyes is a weapon just a lethal as your fist, or possibly even more so."

Garrak stands up, picking up a chalice that would normally be used to prepare communion wine. In his hands, it is more like a normal wine glass. Despite only coming up to Thrack's chest, his stare betrays absolutely no fear.

"Furthermore, they will likely have enthralled the local cyclops population, as well as any number of other dangerous creatures. And more to the point, there MUST be something even stronger forcing them to work together."

He turns and looks over the others who have gathered so far, gently swirling the wine in his chalice. The contrast between his refined posture and his bestial appearance is pronounced.

"It's almost certain many of you have snickered behind my back about the size of my ego. Comes with the territory when you pursue godhood. But that is nothing compared to a beholder's pride. Each one believes themselves to be a perfect representative of their deity. And therefore, that all beholders that look the slightest bit different, down to the color of their smallest eye or the placement of a single eyestalk, is a blasphemous mutant that needs to be exterminated on the spot. For two beholders to work together, it would take circumstances beyond the pale. And the initial reports are that our initial contact was beset by THREE working in concert."

He lifts the chalice to his muzzle, taking a moment to savor the wine's bouquet before taking a sip.

"And might I remind you, Thrack, that Steelstaff soundly trounces you every last time you challenge him for leadership? If someone of HIS caliber is breaking out in a cold sweat over this news, you should regard what lies before us as something that could possibly overwhelm the Guild, and destroy its powerful protections that we rely on. And you all know what that means. No more guaranteed resurrection. No more viewing getting your head caved in as a minor inconvenience. No more charging down the mightiest creatures in the land with the certainty that we can just get up and give it another go."

Lex Samreeth

Lex Samreeth

Garrak Tearandrend

"This is how I'd speak."unknown.png?width=427&height=427

Any actions I take would be described like this.

Any thoughts I have speaking to myself would look like this.

Show tabletop...

OOC details and explanations of rolls