Edit History

Lex Samreeth

Lex Samreeth

Garrak Tearandrend

"You misunderstand, Bonaparte. I do not seek divinity for my own sake. I seek it for the sake of my race."unknown.png?width=427&height=427

He puts the book he was reading in his pack - a truly massive thing, equipped with all matter of mundane equipment for providing creature comforts to those on the road - and pulls out another one, opening it to a page with an elaborate diagram depicting several races and their patron gods or goddesses.

"You, my good sir, are a rare breed, born of the Tarrasque's presence, but not of its blood. In fact, I do not believe the beast to be capable of reproduction. If you were to die, you would be judged in the afterlife in the same way as a human, based on your ethos, who you worship, any pacts or deals made with powerful outsiders, and other such factors. The Tarrasque being a creation of the Un-God would have no influence on your fate."

He sighs as he turns to a page depicting a loathsome, many-eyed beast, a grotesque parody of a fertility goddess, licking fluid from a pile of fully-grown gnolls with umbilical cords still attached.

"With us gnolls, however...we have been damned from the start. We are direct descendents of the Whore-Goddess from her mating with animals of the mortal world. Unless we manage to demonstrate devotion to another god, and maintain that devotion to our dying breath, we're destined to return to her upon our death. Condemned to the Abyss in all of its cruelty, insanity, and hideousness by dint of having the misfortune to be born a gnoll. I've been blessed with an agency beyond that of most mortals of any sort, much less my fellow gnolls. For me to idly sit by and simply be some great leader or tyrant would condemn them all to being trapped in this cycle of torment - and also trap us in our status as beasts to be driven away and feared by civilization. By ascending, I can give my people more than just a role model, or a hero-king, or a legendary figure. I can give them a chance to have their own identity, in this world and the next, to no longer be the eternal slaves of the whore-goddess."

Lex Samreeth

Lex Samreeth

Garrak Tearandrend

"This is how I'd speak."unknown.png?width=427&height=427

Any actions I take would be described like this.

Any thoughts I have speaking to myself would look like this.

Show tabletop...

OOC details and explanations of rolls