Edit History

PlotDevice

PlotDevice

Zaldunak

spacer.png Zak sat at a little table in a dark corner, watching curiously and quietly, unnoticed, as the rowdy group of adventurers gossiped, boasted, and chatted. He sometimes felt very out of place in the Guild, due to his lack of pride. His long term plans were just to live forever, doing what he did now - protect reality from the forces that would consume it out of alien malice, and the magicians and cultists that thought it was their right to consume the lives of ordinary people out of madness, or in pursuit of power. He found it interesting that so many of his fellow heroes had such wild ambitions, and he wondered if they would ever come to fruition.

When the discussion turned to strategy, he leaned forward out of the shadows, rising and walking to join the discussion group that was forming. His voice was deep and grating, but quiet, and he sounded calm and placid as always. "Hello, everyone.  I'm Zaldunak, you can call me Zak.  I hope you don't mind if I join you?  You were discussing the news about Oculus, weren't you?  I think beholders are well-known to most of us... but don't they come in different varieties?  Eye tyrants are a different matter, I can't say I've ever seen one. Is there any information about the types of beholder that were seen on the island? Do we know how long they've been there to fortify their nest?"

He takes a bowl of the hot soup, drinking a long draught from the side of it.  His eyes warm in appreciation, before he swallows it, and resumes talking.

"Scouting is always the best first option, but on the other hand, it might not matter - no plan survives contact with the enemy, and we know roughly what to expect - there will be anti-magic, and there will be rays firing all manner of spells, and enthralled cyclops and giant sheep...  I think bringing our own anti-magic might be a good way to go... if we're prepared to operate in such an environment, and we can create it, the beholders just become floating meatballs, a much simpler proposition to wipe them out.  Stout bows with explosive arrows should work well."

PlotDevice

PlotDevice

Zaldunak

spacer.png Zak sat at a little table in a dark corner, watching curiously and quietly, unnoticed, as the rowdy group of adventurers gossiped, boasted, and chatted. He sometimes felt very out of place in the Guild, due to his lack of pride. His long term plans were just to live forever, doing what he did now - protecting reality from the forces that would consume it out of alien malice, and the magicians and cultists that thought it was their right to consume the lives of ordinary people out of madness, or in pursuit of power. He found it interesting that so many of his fellow heroes had such wild ambitions, and he wondered if they would ever come to fruition.

When the discussion turned to strategy, he leaned forward out of the shadows, rising and walking to join the discussion group that was forming. His voice was deep and grating, but quiet, and he sounded calm and placid as always. "Hello, everyone.  I'm Zaldunak, you can call me Zak.  I hope you don't mind if I join you?  You were discussing the news about Oculus, weren't you?  I think beholders are well-known to most of us... but don't they come in different varieties?  Eye tyrants are a different matter, I can't say I've ever seen one. Is there any information about the types of beholder that were seen on the island? Do we know how long they've been there to fortify their nest?"

He takes a bowl of the hot soup, drinking a long draught from the side of it.  His eyes warm in appreciation, before he swallows it, and resumes talking.

"Scouting is always the best first option, but on the other hand, it might not matter - no plan survives contact with the enemy, and we know roughly what to expect - there will be anti-magic, and there will be rays firing all manner of spells, and enthralled cyclops and giant sheep...  I think bringing our own anti-magic might be a good way to go... if we're prepared to operate in such an environment, and we can create it, the beholders just become floating meatballs, a much simpler proposition to wipe them out.  Stout bows with explosive arrows should work well."

PlotDevice

PlotDevice

Zaldunak

spacer.png Zak sat at a little table in a dark corner, watching curiously and quietly, unnoticed, as the rowdy group of adventurers gossiped, boasted, and chatted. He sometimes felt very out of place in the Guild, due to his lack of pride. His long term plans were just to live forever, doing what he did now - protecting reality from the forces that would consume it out of alien malice, and the magicians and cultists that thought it was their right to consume the lives of ordinary people out of madness, or in pursuit of power. He found it interesting that so many of his fellow heroes had such wild ambitions, and he wondered if they would ever come to fruition.

"Scouting is always the best first option, but on the other hand, it doesn't matter - no plan survives contact with the enemy, and we know roughly what to expect - there will be anti-magic, and there will be rays firing all manner of spells, and enthralled cyclops and giant sheep...  I think bringing our own anti-magic might be a good way to go... if we're prepared to operate in such an environment, and we can create it, the beholders just become floating meatballs, a much simpler proposition to wipe them out.  Stout bows with explosive arrows should work well."