Edit History

CRook

CRook

spacer.pngNemeia lights up, metaphorically, and literally, the cosmos that is their hair and skin flaring in intensity briefly, radiant as their interest is piqued. The smile that touches those lips is slow in coming, as if they were fighting from breaking into a grin all at once, attention falling fully to Zaldunak.

"Now you are a treat.they respond mentally, before continuing. "I don't know how he made you specifically, but I would certainly enjoy learning more about it. As to mine..." they fight the urge to pick or single out anyone, lifting their glass instead. Despite not needing to stop to think while taking the drink, some old habits die hard, and sometimes, it's easier to make things easier on people and not surprise them too much. Which, if either, was at play, they didn't reveal.

"If I had in fact done such a thing, and if in fact such a person or people were in this room at the moment, they would not be aware of it, and it would be rude at this point to reveal it in such a way. Of course, it was easier to proclaim it a jest, to write it off, for people to dismiss it as a groundless boast, before you independently verified that it is in fact possible to create someone as such. Now I imagine half the room is in a panicked state of agitation as they root around in their earliest memories, trying to decide whether they can remember more, as though it feels like they should be able to. I would imagine that if that were in fact the case, that would be about the time things started going badly for a created person. Perhaps, hypothetically, your father had the right of it to let you know early." they venture, in an almost hypothetical, plausibly deniable manner, as if this had turned into a purely academic matter of interest, with all the feigned disinterest they could muster.

"That said, I really am curious how he got around the inadvertent downward spiral of existential dread, that feeling of the sublime insignificance when such a being decides that somehow the manner of their entry into the world has made them lesser, smaller - or how he would get around it if such a thing were in fact to occur during such a theoretical creation process." A cold, playful smile accompanies the telepathic thought, as if to both confirm and deny in the same expression.

CRook

CRook

spacer.pngNemeia lights up, metaphorically, and literally, the cosmos that is their hair and skin flaring in intensity briefly, radiant as their interest is piqued. The smile that touches those lips is slow in coming, as if they were fighting from breaking into a grin all at once, attention falling fully to Zaldunak.

"Now you are a treat.they respond mentally, before continuing. "I don't know how he made you specifically, but I would certainly enjoy learning more about it. As to mine..." they fight the urge to pick or single out anyone, lifting their glass instead. Despite not needing to stop to think while taking the drink, some old habits die hard, and sometimes, it's easier to make things easier on people and not surprise them too much. Which, if either, was at play, they didn't reveal.

"If I had in fact done such a thing, and if in fact such a person or people were in this room at the moment, they would not be aware of it, and it would be rude at this point to reveal it in such a way. Of course, it was easier to proclaim it a jest, to write it off, for people to dismiss it as a groundless boast, before you independently verified that it is in fact possible to create someone as such. Now I imagine half the room is in a panicked state of agitation as they root around in their earliest memories, trying to decide whether they can remember more, as though it feels like they should be able to. I would imagine that if that were in fact the case, that would be about the time things started going badly or a created person. Perhaps, hypothetically, your father had the right of it to let you know early." they venture, in an almost hypothetical, plausibly deniable manner, as if this had turned into a purely academic matter of interest, with all the feigned disinterest they could muster.

"That said, I really am curious how he got around the inadvertent downward spiral of existential dread, that feeling of the sublime insignificance when such a being decides that somehow the manner of their entry into the world has made them lesser, smaller - or how he would get around it if such a thing were in fact to occur during such a theoretical creation process." A cold, playful smile accompanies the telepathic thought, as if to both confirm and deny in the same expression.

CRook

CRook

"If I had in fact done such a thing, and if in fact such a person or people were in this room at the moment, they would not be aware of it, and it would be rude at this point to reveal it in such a way. Of course, it was easier to proclaim it a jest, to write it off, for people to write it off as a groundless boast, before you independently verified that it is in fact possible to create someone as such. Now I imagine half the room is in a panicked state of agitation as they root around in their earliest memories, trying to decide whether they can remember more, as though it feels like they should be able to. I would imagine that if that were in fact the case, that would be about the time things started going badly or a created person. Perhaps, hypothetically, your father had the right of it to let you know early." they venture, in an almost hypothetical, plausibly deniable manner, as if this had turned into a purely academic matter of interest, with all the feigned disinterest they could muster.