Edit History

PlotDevice

PlotDevice

Zaldunak

spacer.png

Zak watches the other calmly, raising his soup bowl to his lips to finish it off, as Nemeia elaborates. He is beginning to adjust to having language appear as spontaneous foreign thoughts, although they echo strangely in the redundant pathways of his mind.

He pauses before he responds, thinking about the underlying moralities, but resisting the impulse to judge before he learns all the facts.  He rises to pour himself another bowl of soup as he thinks, commenting in an aside to the one who brought it in, “This is delicious!

He sits back down opposite the cosmic-haired figure, and says, “I think a completely open understanding of the situation, and the closest approximation available to a lengthy and normal childhood, are essential to create a well-adjusted being. I have no idea what a lack of such things would be like… If I were to consult with someone who made life and then left it alone, I would wonder why that creator chose to abandon their children. As for the results of my upbringing, I feel quite happy, someone chose to make me, my life has always had a purpose, but I was never treated like anything less than a person.

He looks around the room, and says in a quieter tone, “I’ve met many mortals who have much more existential dread than I do, they don’t know why they exist, their birth was a biological accident, and they seek a purpose and a legacy.” He shrugs. “But maybe those things have little to do with origin. I will probably slide slowly into ennui, as I spend centuries fighting the same fight, but I try to find ways to keep things interesting. It helps that the guild hosts such a variety of people.

PlotDevice

PlotDevice

Zaldunak

spacer.png

Zak watches the other calmly, raising his soup bowl to his lips to finish it off, as Nemeia elaborates. He is beginning to adjust to having language appear as spontaneous foreign thoughts, although they echo strangely in the redundant pathways of his mind.

He pauses before he responds, thinking about the underlying moralities, but resisting the impulse to judge before he learns all the facts.  He rises to pour himself another bowl of soup as he thinks, commenting in an aside to the one who brought it in, “This is delicious!

He sits back down opposite the cosmic-haired figure, and says, “I think a completely open understanding of the situation, and the closest approximation available to a lengthy and normal childhood, are essential to create a well-adjusted being. I have no idea what a lack of such things would be like… If I were to consult with someone who made life and then left it alone, I would wonder why that creator chose to abandon their projects. As for the results of my upbringing, I feel quite happy, someone chose to make me, my life has always had a purpose, but I was never treated like anything less than a person.

He looks around the room, and says in a quieter tone, “I’ve met many mortals who have much more existential dread than I do, they don’t know why they exist, their birth was a biological accident, and they seek a purpose and a legacy.” He shrugs. “But maybe those things have little to do with origin. I will probably slide slowly into ennui, as I spend centuries fighting the same fight, but I try to find ways to keep things interesting. It helps that the guild hosts such a variety of people.