Edit History

Penchant

Penchant

Sal says, "Well, it depends. There's basic salvage value in all things. Mainly, their steel is just better than ours when you can get it uncorroded. It's stronger and lighter and smoother. It mostly goes together with nuts and bolts and is really precise so even if the parts don't go together as a lift, they can be used to make all sorts of things. And then some body might want to buy the electric gewgaw that runs the lift separately. I don't think anyone knows how those things work, but plenty of people know how to make them work. Parts is parts. There's the stuff we know like hydraulics and water systems and plumbing and electrical. And then there's stuff like the blinkly light boxes that mystify folk. What do they do? Unno, but they have blinky lights when you give 'em juice.. or smoke when you give 'em too much juice, heh. For me, I get the most dollar per pound on the electricalated lighting systems. They don't heat up, they don't take a bunch of juice to run, they don't have bulbs that break, they just make light."

"There is no 'up'. Whatever building used to be up there is just a pile of rock and sand. And no, I ain't been down yet. I needed more supplies than I had which is why I went back to town. It took me a good month to get that big door open."

Penchant

Penchant

Sal says, "Well, it depends. There's basic salvage value in all things. Mainly, their steel is just better than ours when you can get it uncorroded. It's stronger and lighter and smoother. It mostly goes together with nuts and bolts and is really precise so even if the parts don't go together as a lift, they can be used to make all sorts of things. And then some body might want to buy the electric gewgaw that runs the lift separately. I don't think anyone knows how those things work, but plenty of people know how to make them work. Parts is parts. There's the stuff we know like hydraulics and water systems and plumbing and electrical. And then there's stuff like the blinkly light boxes that mystify folk. What do they do? Unno, but they have blinky lights when you give 'em juice.. or smoke when you give 'em too much juice, heh. For me, I get the most dollar per pound on the electricalated lighting systems. They don't heat up, they don't take a bunch of juice to run, they don't have bulbs that break, they just make light."

"There is no 'up'. Whatever building used to be up there is just a pile of rock and sand. And no, I ain't been down yet. I needed more supplies than I had which is why I went back to town. It took me a good month to get that big door open."