Edit History

TheFred

TheFred

MolgrugMolgrug is more than a little annoyed that their hosts are ushering them so quickly to their task. His companions, clearly quite easy to manipulate, don't seem to mind, however, so he grudgingly goes along with it - after helping himself to what few magical scrolls their paltry armoury offers. After all, they are probably still too weak to take this council by force just yet, and once they have this shard thing that the mortals care about so much they'll at least have some real bargaining power.

Once at the portal, however, he is quickly distracted by the intellectual challenge - such as it is - presented by the glyphs. Sighing melodramatically, he fixes Shillereese with a withering look.

"Ancient draconic? Hmph. These glyphs look a rather primitive form of script to me," he says. Stepping closer to the portal, he peers at each of the sigils, adjusting his magical spectacles to get a better view. "I am sure you mortals consider them beyond you... in fact, when Material Plane species achieve sentience they typically exhibit remarkably similar traits amongst their early forms of written word. Once one has performed a cursory study of such lexicographical histories - as, um, I have, in fact... yes, I even wrote a brief paper on the commonality of orthographic and paradigmatic features across the lexemes of one hundred and seventy-two primitive scripts - well, then, one quickly sees patterns which are pertinent even to entirely unknown forms of writing!"

OoC

Of course Molgrug was wise enough to put a rank in Decipher Script - not that he needs one, as his Mage's Spectacles allow him to make such checks untrained and in fact provide a +6 insight bonus!

EDIT: Should have taken 10...

Statblock

[URL=/sheets/?id=2794812][B]Molgrug[/B][/URL] [B]Senses:[/B] Darkvision 60ft, Spot/Listen +7, [B]Init:[/B] +2 [B]HP:[/B] 16/16 [B]AC:[/B] 17, [B]Touch:[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed:[/B] 14 [B]Saves:[/B] Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6 (+2 vs mind-affecting spells, +4 vs poison) [B]Soulmelds:[/B] Mage's Spectacles (1), Lightning Gauntlets (0) [B]Spells:[/B] Command x2, Resurgence, Obscuring Mist, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Light, Create Water [B]Special:[/B] None
Molgrug
Senses: Darkvision 60ft, Spot/Listen +7, Init: +2
HP: 16/16
AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 14
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6 (+2 vs mind-affecting spells, +4 vs poison)
Soulmelds: Mage's Spectacles (1), Lightning Gauntlets (0)
Spells: Command x2, Resurgence, Obscuring Mist, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Light, Create Water
Special: None
TheFred

TheFred

Molgrug

Molgrug is more than a little annoyed that their hosts are ushering them so quickly to their task. His companions, clearly quite easy to manipulate, don't seem to mind, however, so he grudgingly goes along with it - after helping himself to what few magical scrolls their paltry armoury offers. After all, they are probably still too weak to take this council by force just yet, and once they have this shard thing that the mortals care about so much they'll at least have some real bargaining power.

Once at the portal, however, he is quickly distracted by the intellectual challenge - such as it is - presented by the glyphs. Sighing melodramatically, he fixes Shillereese with a withering look.

"Ancient draconic? Hmph. These glyphs look a rather primitive form of script to me," he says. Stepping closer to the portal, he peers at each of the sigils, adjusting his magical spectacles to get a better view. "I am sure you mortals consider them beyond you... in fact, when Material Plane species achieve sentience they typically exhibit remarkably similar traits amongst their early forms of written word. Once one has performed a cursory study of such lexicographical histories - as, um, I have, in fact... yes, I even wrote a brief paper on the commonality of orthographic and paradigmatic features across the lexemes of one hundred and seventy-two primitive scripts - well, then, one quickly sees patterns which are pertinent even to entirely unknown forms of writing!"

OoC

Of course Molgrug was wise enough to put a rank in Decipher Script - not that he needs one, as his Mage's Spectacles allow him to make such checks untrained and in fact provide a +6 insight bonus!

Statblock

[URL=/sheets/?id=2794812][B]Molgrug[/B][/URL] [B]Senses:[/B] Darkvision 60ft, Spot/Listen +7, [B]Init:[/B] +2 [B]HP:[/B] 16/16 [B]AC:[/B] 17, [B]Touch:[/B] 12, [B]Flat-footed:[/B] 14 [B]Saves:[/B] Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6 (+2 vs mind-affecting spells, +4 vs poison) [B]Soulmelds:[/B] Mage's Spectacles (1), Lightning Gauntlets (0) [B]Spells:[/B] Command x2, Resurgence, Obscuring Mist, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Light, Create Water [B]Special:[/B] None
Molgrug
Senses: Darkvision 60ft, Spot/Listen +7, Init: +2
HP: 16/16
AC: 17, Touch: 12, Flat-footed: 14
Saves: Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +6 (+2 vs mind-affecting spells, +4 vs poison)
Soulmelds: Mage's Spectacles (1), Lightning Gauntlets (0)
Spells: Command x2, Resurgence, Obscuring Mist, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Light, Create Water
Special: None