On This Misham, the 25th Day of Brookgreen,
in the 351st Year After the Cataclysm
(Thursday, March 25, 351 AC)

The 5th Day of the Campaign - About 4:30ish

Fetching Tatina Rookledust

(Everyone)

IC

Round III

The Skeletal Knight almost seems like it knows that it’s about to be put down permanently, so it decides to go out doing as much evil damage as it can. Conveniently, there are three targets immediately surrounding it: the dwarf, the blue sea elf, and the giant constrictor—which had de- materialized and re-materialized just then!

It’s first attack is an Enervating Blade slash against the snake, which takes 17 necrotic damage and he can’t regain hit points until the start of the skeletal knight’s next turn.

The second attack is an Enervating Blade slash against the Modri, but it misses, doing him no harm.

It’s third attack is an Enervating Blade slash against Merituuli, who takes 17 necrotic damage and he can’t regain hit points until the start of the skeletal knight’s next turn.

OOC

The map of the Kalaman region in Maps & Game Information illustrates this area.

I wrote up the post, after a tiring day at work, and only after I got everything ready to post did I realize that the SK would have provoked three AoOs and it wouldn’t have been able to do what I originally had it do.

Anyway, I re-rolled the damage from the first attack, which was a throwing axe that deals 2d8+5 to Enervating Blade damage (3d6+5). I kept the attack roll because both rolls are a +8. It definitely hit the snake.

Sorry, @tyrtaeus, I originally had him move and take the thunder damage, but here, I couldn’t have it do that.

Since it’s nearly dead, it’s important to pay attention to the newly revealed bit of info in its statblock. Please roll the relevant save if you “drop” it to see if you actually do.

Statblocks

Skeletal Knight

Skeletal Knight
Medium Undead, typically Lawful Evil
Armor Class 18 (plate)
Hit Points
15/118 13% (15d8 + 45)
Speed 30 ft.

STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA
20 (+5) 10 (+0) 16 (+3) 13 (+1) 14 (+2) 10 (+0)

Saving Throws Con +6, Wis +5
Damage Immunities poison
Condition Immunities exhaustion, poisoned
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 12
Languages understands the languages it knew in life but can’t speak
Challenge 7 (2,900 XP)

Undead Fortitude. If damage reduces the skeletal knight to 0 hit points, it must make a Constitution saving throw with a DC of 5 + the damage taken, unless the damage is bludgeoning or from a critical hit. On a success, the skeletal knight drops to 1 hit point instead.

Unusual Nature. The skeletal knight doesn’t require air, food, drink, or sleep.

Kamishiro_Rin

Kamishiro_Rin

Date

(Everyone)

IC

Round III

The Skeletal Knight almost seems like it knows that it’s about to be put down permanently, so it decides to go out doing as much evil damage as it can. Conveniently, there are three targets immediately surrounding it: the dwarf, the blue sea elf, and the giant constrictor—which had de- materialized and re-materialized just then!

It’s first attack is an Enervating Blade slash against the snake, which takes 17 necrotic damage and he can’t regain hit points until the start of the skeletal knight’s next turn.

The second attack is an Enervating Blade slash against the Modri, but it misses, doing him no harm.

It’s third attack is an Enervating Blade slash against Merituuli, who takes 17 necrotic damage and he can’t regain hit points until the start of the skeletal knight’s next turn.

OOC

I wrote up the post, after a tiring day at work, and only after I got everything ready to post did I realize that the SK would have provoked three AoOs and it wouldn’t have been able to do what I originally had it do.

Anyway, I re-rolled the damage from the first attack, which was a throwing axe that deals 2d8+5 to Enervating Blade damage (3d6+5). I kept the attack roll because both rolls are a +8. It definitely hit the snake.

Sorry, @tyrtaeus, I originally had him move and take the thunder damage, but here, I couldn’t have it do that.

Statblocks

Skeletal Knight

Skeletal Knight
Armor Class 18 (plate)
Hit Points
15/118 13% (15d8 + 45)
Speed 30 ft.

STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA

Damage Immunities poison
Challenge 7 (2,900 XP)

Kamishiro_Rin

Kamishiro_Rin

Date

(Everyone)

IC

OOC

The SK can’t move as a reaction, so if the booming blade damage occurs, it’ll be if it moves on its turn. This post is merely the AoO as well as its current HP.

Statblocks

Skeletal Knight

Skeletal Knight
Armor Class 18 (plate)
Hit Points
15/118 13% (15d8 + 45)
Speed 30 ft.

STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA

Damage Immunities poison
Challenge 7 (2,900 XP)

Kamishiro_Rin

Kamishiro_Rin

Date

(Everyone)

IC

Round III

The Skeletal Knight almost seems like it /knows/ that it’s about to be put down permanently, so it decides to go out doing as much evil damage as it can. It’s true hatred is for the other knight—a living, breathing, Knight of Solamnia in whose heart it can sense the goodness that repulses it. Artanis, however, is out of its reach, and it also wants to take on that wizard who taunted it.

Unsheathing a throwing axe, it flings it, whirling, deadly, at the wheeling Artanis.

UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!!

OOC

The SK can’t move as a reaction, so if the booming blade damage occurs, it’ll be if it moves on its turn. This post is merely the AoO as well as its current HP.

Statblocks

Skeletal Knight

Skeletal Knight
Armor Class 18 (plate)
Hit Points
15/118 13% (15d8 + 45)
Speed 30 ft.

STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA

Damage Immunities poison
Challenge 7 (2,900 XP)

Kamishiro_Rin

Kamishiro_Rin

Date

(Everyone)

IC

Round III

The Skeletal Knight almost seems like it /knows/ that it’s about to be put down permanently, so it decides to go out doing as much evil damage as it can. It’s true hatred is for the other knight—a living, breathing, Knight of Solamnia in whose heart it can sense the goodness that repulses it. Artanis, however, is out of its reach, and it also wants to take on that wizard who taunted it.

Unsheathing a throwing axe, it flings it, whirling, deadly, at the wheeling Artanis.

OOC

Statblocks

Skeletal Knight

Skeletal Knight
Armor Class 18 (plate)
Hit Points
15/118 13% (15d8 + 45)
Speed 30 ft.

STR DEX CON INT WIS CHA

Damage Immunities poison
Challenge 7 (2,900 XP)