OOC (Commonwealth)

sxeBUDDHA

1 hour ago, tyrtaeus said:

token_1(17).png.1adfe3b7b5f217ef5c422eeeef4a8e7b.pngDr. Maxim Aleksandrovich

OOC

2 Success for Medicine Check

Maxim's rolled a 3 and 6. I believe Medicine is one of his Tag skills at current rank of 3. Note: If your roll for a Tag skill equals or less than its rank, then it counts as a critical success earning 2 successes instead of 1. Maxim's total successes would be 3, and he needed 2 successes. Maxim can bank the extra success as AP for the party.

Party AP = 1/6

Yeah, I don't understand why I join PbP during the holidays. I've been playing online for over 10 years. I don't know why to expect anything different. I just have to be patient. I'm currently in 4 PbP games atm (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, homebrew diceless zombie, Marvel Multiverse RPG, and this Fallout 2d20).

7 hours ago, tyrtaeus said:

token_1(17).png.1adfe3b7b5f217ef5c422eeeef4a8e7b.pngDr. Maxim Aleksandrovich - Human Survivor | Trader

Melee Bonus: 0 | Defense: +1 | HP: 8 / 8 | Initiative: 14 | Action Points: 1/4
Damage Resistance: +2 | Energy Resistance: +3 | Poison Resistance: -- | Radiation Resistance: --
STR: Athletics: 0
Melee Weapon: 0
Unarmed: 0
4 | PEREnergy Weapons: 0
Explosives: 0
Lockpick: 3
Pilot: 3
:
 9 | ENDBig Guns: 0
Survival: 3
4 | CHABarter: 3
Speech: 3
:
 6 | INTMedicine: 3
Repair: 3
Science: 3
:
 10 | AGISmall Guns: 3
Sneak: 0
:
5 |  LuckLuck Points: 3/3: 4

Carry Weight: 12 / 190 | Caps: -- 

TraitsEducatedBenefit
You have one additional tag skill
Penalty
When you fail a skill test using a skill other
than a tag skill, the GM gains 1 AP

GiftedBenefit
Choose two S.P.E.C.I.A.L. attributes and
increase them by +1 each.
Penalty
Your maximum number of Luck points is one
fewer than your Luck attribute.

| PerksMedicRanks
Requirements
INT 8
When you use the First Aid action
to try to treat an injury, you can
re-roll 1d20.

| WeaponsPipe GunWeapon Type: Small Gun | Damage: 3 Screenshot_2023-11-17_160327-removebg-preview.png | Damage Effect: -- | Damage Type: Physical | Fire Rate: 2 | Range: C | Qualities: CqC, Unreliable | Weight: 2 | Cost: 30 | Rarity: 0 | Ammo: 9 x .38 [Equipped]

| ArmorTough ClothingDR +1 | ER +1 | RR 0 | Coverage: Arms, Legs, Torso | Weight: 3 | Cost: 20 | Rarity: 1
Leather Chest PieceDR +1 | ER +2 | RR 0 | Coverage: Torso | Weight: 5 | Cost: 25 | Rarity: 1[Equipped]
Lab CoatDR 0 | ER 0 | RR 0 | Coverage: Arms, Legs, Torso | Weight: 2 | Cost: 10 | Rarity: 1 | Special: Between the utility of the design, and simply feeling smarter while wearing one, a lab coat allows you to re-roll a single d20 on one INT based skill test you make each scene.[Equipped]

| ConsumablesDaddy-O
Rad-X
Mentats [3]
 | WaresPlasma Cartridge [15]
10mm 17]
Flamer Fuel [27]
 | SpecialTrinket: Pre-war Party Invitation

OOC

Minor Action: Aim

Major Action: Shoot at Rad Rocky's head [+1 Difficulty]

@tyrtaeus, always roll 2d20 or repeat(1d20, 2) UNLESS you spend AP for more attack dice. We as a party have 1/6 AP. 1st extra die cost 1AP.
THEN you would roll 3d20 or repeat(1d20, 3). Normally, you have to get at least 1 success to hit BUT with each Difficulty you add 1 additional success needed to hit target. In your case, you would need 2 successes. Any extra successes you should add to party AP which you could use to boost your damage. I believe Aim allows you to re-roll 1 d20 on your first roll.

To add to the point of buying d20s using group AP or giving the DM AP (costing 1, 3, and 6 AP respectively), you both had more successes than the difficulty for that Medicine check. I think we have three AP.

I also have a few questions. What is the environment like? How far are we from the entrance? From the raiders? If possible, how much do we have to move to use the vault door or walls as cover?

2 hours ago, Passione said:

To add to the point of buying d20s using group AP or giving the DM AP (costing 1, 3, and 6 AP respectively), you both had more successes than the difficulty for that Medicine check. I think we have three AP.

@Passione We would have 3 AP for party assuming the medicine check initially Difficulty 0 (routine check). @Laird_Thorne If you ask for a check, do we assume it's Difficulty 1 or Difficulty 0 before adding any modifiers?

Also, does Rad Rocky have any Defense? I'm assuming most creatures have Defense 1 unless stunned or paralyzed.

3 hours ago, sxeBUDDHA said:

@Passione We would have 3 AP for party assuming the medicine check initially Difficulty 0 (routine check). @Laird_Thorne If you ask for a check, do we assume it's Difficulty 1 or Difficulty 0 before adding any modifiers?

Also, does Rad Rocky have any Defense? I'm assuming most creatures have Defense 1 unless stunned or paralyzed.

Yes, you all have 3 AP to spend currently. Assume a difficulty 1, and in this case you are correct that RR and the Raiders are all Defense 1.

3 hours ago, sxeBUDDHA said:

@tyrtaeus If you manage to deal 5+ critical damage to his head, it'd be awesome!

Says you! He might have something else to say about it.... LOL

BTW, I just added more info to the Clarifications thread in the App section. Stuff about Action points and expenditures, and Combat details. :)

6 hours ago, tyrtaeus said:

A crit headshot would be nice. I should probably roll damage dice if you're confirming defense is all 1 then, since I aimed at his head and got a critical, meaning it meets the Difficulty 2 threshold right?

Rad Rocky is described as bald, so no armor. You rolled 5 damage with no damage mitigation, tyrtaeus!
image.png.29e6a65696a50ec80c2e13b3b928826d.png

Critical wound!
image.png.1e1a690d141bd8752a175f3e7fbd9e7a.png

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Based on a reply under an application thread, I gotta ask for clarification - is it 2d20 per roll, or just 1d20? I found an official-looking pdf to read through that says it's 2d20, +1d20 per spent AP up to max of 5d20. Was that right? Is there a house rule on this, or do I just have the wrong source?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/1/2024 at 8:30 PM, rorytheromulan said:

Based on a reply under an application thread, I gotta ask for clarification - is it 2d20 per roll, or just 1d20? I found an official-looking pdf to read through that says it's 2d20, +1d20 per spent AP up to max of 5d20. Was that right? Is there a house rule on this, or do I just have the wrong source?

Yes, you're correct. :) all rolls are at least 2d20.