Passione

oil

Potpourri, Wizened Snitch

"Screw this world for mistaking nice for good."

Mother Knows Best (Reprise) from "Tangled"

spacer.png

CHARACTERISTICS

Personality Traits

I know I'm not the best nor the brightest, but if I put my best self forward, I can overcome anything.

I'm always in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Ideals

Discombobulate. The more chaos that swirls around me, the more opportunities I can find to prosper.

Sacrifice. Nothing valuable is given freely.

Bonds

My peers keep me grounded.

Nepenthe. I seek the mythical nēpenthés phármakon.

Flaws

If anything goes wrong, it must be someone else's fault. Let me explain that in detail.

The person who gains the most reward for the least effort wins.

Appearance

x.

Backstory

A rebel since birth, she always believed the system was built to eradicate her kind. Her beliefs weighed heavy on the people around her, including her family. Even after getting her life back on track, the scars in the Family remained. When she saw the change that was happening in their community because of the business her mother was running, she was determined to bring out the truth, regardless of the threats and roadblocks thrown in front of her.

[It was her decision to challenge the [Ten Hands: government, institution, or power] which put her in the crosshairs of the [Herb Lady: bounty hunter, enforcer, hitman (maybe lycanthrope)] and the [Taboo: the powers that be], eventually leading to her mother's death.

bringing final rest to a life that had ended long ago.]

The Tragedy at Bitter Basins

Having thrown her lot with the Emerald Enclave, Potpourri was sent to an expedition to retaliate against the People of the Black Blood. Following several attacks on settlements, the Enclave tracked down the werebeasts to Bitter Basins, a suspected stronghold of theirs. Potpourri's team was deployed on Bedguay Notch, overlooking a rear exit from Bitter Basins. Their orders were to cut off any nightwalker attempting to escape, to prevent them from flanking the main force. However, when her team spotted people coming through the canyon, they immediately noticed that the group was mostly non-combatants: women, children, and the sick and elderly, with wounded in tow. Communication with command failed to correctly identify the situation and they ordered the scouts to fire on all targets until they were "out of condition." Forced to follow their orders, Potpourri and the rest of her troupe rained fire.

A New Light in the Dark

Potpourri's past actions drove a wedge between her and her family. After her actions pushed her mother and siblings over the edge, she went homeless abandoning her family. She later turned her life around after the police led a brutal street cleanup that put her in the hospital, and returned back to her mother. For a while, she ran a shelter, a place for the homeless, but held strict rules for the tenants in order for them to stay, despite the fact that her mother was funding the shelter with [dirty: Zhentharim, Ashmadai] money. Knowing full well what kind of damage the information hazards Halcyonella was peddling and the fact that a devil was supplying her, she joined forces with [name: informant, planetar, agent of Mechanus or other predestination-adhering realm] to expose and depose those who stand to benefit.

The Last Straw

Her plans to help royally failed. She was almost immediately discovered by her mother. During their confrontation, she claimed Halcyonella was no longer held in check by her conscience. Potpourri pleaded for her to change her ways, to find a different way to exist, to cease spreading pain in their community. They separated ways after Halcyonella brought her gilded candle across Potpourri's face.

Ten days later, she learned of her mother's death, along with the notion that "she would not stop finding her body". The chunks of flesh in their ancestral home proved the whispers to be true.

Halcyonella

x.

Mother (Pride)
Your mother was kind and loving, but also strong and independent. She raised you on her own, supporting you by telling fortunes and performing tarot readings for the locals in the town where you grew up. Once you began your adventuring career, her reputation grew quickly. Officials and nobility of ever-increasing rank and importance began to come to your mother for insight into their futures, amazed at the accuracy of her predictions. What you didn’t know was that her rapid rise in stature was due to her signing an infernal contract with Asmodeus to enhance her gifts.

x.

Ability Scores

Ability Rolls Bonus
Wis 13 +1 Fairy
Cha 15 +1 Fairy, +2 ASI, +2 ASI, +2 Tome
Con 13 +1 Fairy
Str 11 +4 Shard
Dex 14  
Int 10  

Starting Gold Expenditure

Name Number Price Total
Tome of Leadership and Influence 1 Free  

Shard of Xeluan 1 4200 4200

Eyes of Minute Seeing 1 150 150
Goggles of Night 1 400 400
Helm of Comprehending Languages 1 300 300
Lantern of Revealing 1 Free  
Pearl of Power 1 400 400

Bit and bridle 1 2 2
Elephant 1 200 200
Feed 100 0.05 5
Oil (Flask) 10 0.1  
Rations 100 0.5 50
Riding Saddle 1 10 10
Spell Scroll (Summon Fey) 6 250 1500
Studded Leather Armor 1 45 45
Wand 5 10 50

Side notes:

• "Just as a flute turns breath into music, I am a vessel through which the Ether produce glorious justice."
  • Incipit Vita Nova, Dante - Cesare Saccaggi, capture the creepiness
  • Dante 

"Love" for Dante's school of poetry was seen as a way to purify and elevate the soul; specifically, extra-marital "love" that never involved anything beyond a greeting: these women were turned into "angel women", who were viewed as messengers from God. He met her twice, the first time when she was nine and he was around six years her senior (please correct me if I'm wrong), and the second time when she was around twelve; all this to say, it wasn't love, or even a crush, the way we'd see it.

More than a little creepy, he met her twice, once when she was 9 when he saw her across a room and then when she was 12 when they crossed a bridge at the same time & she allowed her chaperone to wave her handkerchief towards him. He literally didn't know her, never spoke to her or even heard her voice. She was married off & died in childbirth aged 14.

Meanwhile, he was married. Gemma bore him at least four children and outlived Beatrice by about 40 years. He never mentioned his wife in his writings even once.

• Songs for inspiration and centering

• x.

"Man is a vanity; his days are like a shadow that passes."
"As the hour here you see, Think on death and ready be."
"Time is the devourer of things."
"Insensibly, without feeling, life is aging."

• Asmodeus is...
  • The Wooden Girl (from Winter's Splendor)

From The Faerûn Child’s Book of Fables

The girl’s name was Elzerina and she was brought to life in the puppet-maker’s workshop. Like most girls, Elzerina was equipped with limbs and a face and, of course, a heart. The puppet maker, Sophie, crafted Elzerina with loving detail. Sophie perched Elzerina in the window of the shop, where she could wave to the passers-by and enjoy the view of the ocean in the distance.

On the first morning of Midwinter, Elzerina gazed longingly through the window, watching the white caps fold over the sea. Snow began to fall, dotting the shop windows and obscuring her vision. Elzerina grew sad and wistful. She wanted to leave the shop, but knew that she could not.

Suddenly the snowdrops on the glass began to melt. A vivid orange glow filled Elzerina’s sight. On the other side of the window stood an old man, face shrouded in a torn scarf, holding a candle. Elzerina was fearful, for Sophie had always told her: wooden girls must stay away from fire. Sophie told Elzerina about the wooden snake she had crafted as a child. When the snake was brought to life, it slithered toward the hearth, seeking warmth. A stray ember ignited the snake, and it withered to ashes. This was not the only warning; Sophie also told Elzerina about the set of pick-up sticks she had crafted when she was the woodworker’s apprentice. Pleased with her work, Sophie rubbed two sticks together to sand away the splinters — but the friction sparked, and the sticks burnt to cinders.

But the man’s flame was low on the wick, and he peered at her through the glass. Little wooden girl, why are you so sad?

I wish to see the sea beyond this pane of glass, she said. When it snows, the drops blur the window, and I feel trapped.

What if I took you from your mount? he said. Would you like that?

Elzerina frowned. My maker warned me not to go outside, for I could get lost. She says little girls like me get lost in big cities.

But the man persisted. Surely she did not create you just to keep you trapped here forever. What if you fetched her a gift for the holiday?

This filled Elzerina with joy. Oh, yes! I should so love to bring my maker a present. And perhaps I will get a quick glimpse of the sea.

He stepped into the shop and lifted her from her mount. He marched through the city and she reveled in the freedom. But he strode not to the sea, but toward the City of the Dead.

It was not the cool blue ocean she eventually saw before her, but a scene awash in gray. Perhaps if she blurred her sight, she could pretend that the feeble sun glinting off of the snow-slick tombstones was the white-capped surface of the sea. But Elzerina knew already that she had made a terrible mistake. She suddenly longed for the puppet-maker’s workshop, for the stoic company of alphabet blocks and sets of dice and intricately-carved spinning tops and tiny ballerinas who danced but never spoke. The man wove through the rows of stones and sat at a circle embedded in the ground, an altar unmarked and unnamed. But it had been desecrated already; Elzerina saw the remnants of a fire that once burned, the debris of used tinder.

The man pulled away his scarf and grinned at her, an evil smile matched by red eyes that glinted with sadistic pleasure. He placed her atop the ashes and pulled a matchbook from his shabby coat pocket. He had the tool but not the fuel — until he had found the wooden girl in the workshop window, made from the choicest wood for burning, the perfect size for kindle on a long winter night.

The man struck an oiled match tip and the flame roared to life, a curious gradient of deep navy and violent orange. And as the blue heart of the flame engulfed her, Elzerina thought of both the azure sea she would never meet and the puppet-maker’s kind cornflower eyes, and longed for their cool, dousing touch.

Passione

Passione

backstory, notes, songs, narrative throughline

spacer.png

CHARACTERISTICS

Personality Traits

I know I'm not the best nor the brightest, but if I put my best self forward, I can overcome anything.

I'm always in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Ideals

Discombobulate. The more chaos that swirls around me, the more opportunities I can find to prosper.

Bonds

My peers keep me grounded.

Nepenthe. I seek the mythical nēpenthés phármakon.

Flaws

If anything goes wrong, it must be someone else's fault. Let me explain that in detail.

The person who gains the most reward for the least effort wins.

Appearance

x.

Backstory

A rebel since birth, she always believed the system was built to eradicate her kind. Her beliefs weighed heavy on the people around her, including her family. Even after getting her life back on track, the scars in the Family remained. When she saw the change that was happening in their community because of the business her mother was running, she was determined to bring out the truth, regardless of the threats and roadblocks thrown in front of her.

[It was her decision to challenge the [Ten Hands: government, institution, or power] which put her in the crosshairs of the [Herb Lady: bounty hunter, enforcer, hitman (maybe lycanthrope)] and the [Taboo: the powers that be], eventually leading to her mother's death.

bringing final rest to a life that had ended long ago.]

The Tragedy at Bitter Basins

Having thrown her lot with the Emerald Enclave, Potpourri was sent to an expedition to retaliate against the People of the Black Blood. Following several attacks on settlements, the Enclave tracked down the werebeasts to Bitter Basins, a suspected stronghold of theirs. Potpourri's team was deployed on Bedguay Notch, overlooking a rear exit from Bitter Basins. Their orders were to cut off any nightwalker attempting to escape, to prevent them from flanking the main force. However, when her team spotted people coming through the canyon, they immediately noticed that the group was mostly non-combatants: women, children, and the sick and elderly, with wounded in tow. Communication with command failed to correctly identify the situation and they ordered the scouts to fire on all targets until they were "out of condition." Forced to follow their orders, Potpourri and the rest of her troupe rained fire.

A New Light in the Dark

Potpourri's past actions drove a wedge between her and her family. After her actions pushed her mother and siblings over the edge, she went homeless abandoning her family. She later turned her life around after the police led a brutal street cleanup that put her in the hospital, and returned back to her mother. For a while, she ran a shelter, a place for the homeless, but held strict rules for the tenants in order for them to stay, despite the fact that her mother was funding the shelter with [dirty: Zhentharim, Ashmadai] money. Knowing full well what kind of damage the information hazards Halcyonella was peddling and the fact that a devil was supplying her, she joined forces with [name: informant, planetar, agent of Mechanus or other predestination-adhering realm] to expose and depose those who stand to benefit.

The Last Straw

Her plans to help royally failed. She was almost immediately discovered by her mother. During their confrontation, she claimed Halcyonella was no longer held in check by her conscience. Potpourri pleaded for her to change her ways, to find a different way to exist, to cease spreading pain in their community. They separated ways after Halcyonella brought her gilded candle across Potpourri's face.

Ten days later, she learned of her mother's death, along with the notion that "she would not stop finding her body". The chunks of flesh in their ancestral home proved the whispers to be true.

Halcyonella

x.

Mother (Pride)
Your mother was kind and loving, but also strong and independent. She raised you on her own, supporting you by telling fortunes and performing tarot readings for the locals in the town where you grew up. Once you began your adventuring career, her reputation grew quickly. Officials and nobility of ever-increasing rank and importance began to come to your mother for insight into their futures, amazed at the accuracy of her predictions. What you didn’t know was that her rapid rise in stature was due to her signing an infernal contract with Asmodeus to enhance her gifts.

x.

Ability Scores

Ability Rolls Bonus
Wis 13 +1 Fairy
Con 13 +1 Fairy
Str 11 +4 Shard
Dex 14  
Int 10  

Name Number Price Total

Pearl of Power 1 400 400

Bit and bridle 1 2 2
Elephant 1 200 200
Feed 100 0.05 5
Rations 100 0.5 50
Riding Saddle 1 10 10
Wand 5 10 50

Side notes:

• "Just as a flute turns breath into music, I am a vessel through which the Ether produce glorious justice."
  • Dante 

"Love" for Dante's school of poetry was seen as a way to purify and elevate the soul; specifically, extra-marital "love" that never involved anything beyond a greeting: these women were turned into "angel women", who were viewed as messengers from God. He met her twice, the first time when she was nine and he was around six years her senior (please correct me if I'm wrong), and the second time when she was around twelve; all this to say, it wasn't love, or even a crush, the way we'd see it.

More than a little creepy, he met her twice, once when she was 9 when he saw her across a room and then when she was 12 when they crossed a bridge at the same time & she allowed her chaperone to wave her handkerchief towards him. He literally didn't know her, never spoke to her or even heard her voice. She was married off & died in childbirth aged 14.

Meanwhile, he was married. Gemma bore him at least four children and outlived Beatrice by about 40 years. He never mentioned his wife in his writings even once.

• Songs for inspiration and centering

• x.

• Asmodeus is...

The girl’s name was Elzerina and she was brought to life in the puppet-maker’s workshop. Like most girls, Elzerina was equipped with limbs and a face and, of course, a heart. The puppet maker, Sophie, crafted Elzerina with loving detail. Sophie perched Elzerina in the window of the shop, where she could wave to the passers-by and enjoy the view of the ocean in the distance.

On the first morning of Midwinter, Elzerina gazed longingly through the window, watching the white caps fold over the sea. Snow began to fall, dotting the shop windows and obscuring her vision. Elzerina grew sad and wistful. She wanted to leave the shop, but knew that she could not.

Suddenly the snowdrops on the glass began to melt. A vivid orange glow filled Elzerina’s sight. On the other side of the window stood an old man, face shrouded in a torn scarf, holding a candle. Elzerina was fearful, for Sophie had always told her: wooden girls must stay away from fire. Sophie told Elzerina about the wooden snake she had crafted as a child. When the snake was brought to life, it slithered toward the hearth, seeking warmth. A stray ember ignited the snake, and it withered to ashes. This was not the only warning; Sophie also told Elzerina about the set of pick-up sticks she had crafted when she was the woodworker’s apprentice. Pleased with her work, Sophie rubbed two sticks together to sand away the splinters — but the friction sparked, and the sticks burnt to cinders.

But the man’s flame was low on the wick, and he peered at her through the glass. Little wooden girl, why are you so sad?

I wish to see the sea beyond this pane of glass, she said. When it snows, the drops blur the window, and I feel trapped.

Elzerina frowned. My maker warned me not to go outside, for I could get lost. She says little girls like me get lost in big cities.

But the man persisted. Surely she did not create you just to keep you trapped here forever. What if you fetched her a gift for the holiday?

This filled Elzerina with joy. Oh, yes! I should so love to bring my maker a present. And perhaps I will get a quick glimpse of the sea.

He stepped into the shop and lifted her from her mount. He marched through the city and she reveled in the freedom. But he strode not to the sea, but toward the City of the Dead.

It was not the cool blue ocean she eventually saw before her, but a scene awash in gray. Perhaps if she blurred her sight, she could pretend that the feeble sun glinting off of the snow-slick tombstones was the white-capped surface of the sea. But Elzerina knew already that she had made a terrible mistake. She suddenly longed for the puppet-maker’s workshop, for the stoic company of alphabet blocks and sets of dice and intricately-carved spinning tops and tiny ballerinas who danced but never spoke. The man wove through the rows of stones and sat at a circle embedded in the ground, an altar unmarked and unnamed. But it had been desecrated already; Elzerina saw the remnants of a fire that once burned, the debris of used tinder.

The man pulled away his scarf and grinned at her, an evil smile matched by red eyes that glinted with sadistic pleasure. He placed her atop the ashes and pulled a matchbook from his shabby coat pocket. He had the tool but not the fuel — until he had found the wooden girl in the workshop window, made from the choicest wood for burning, the perfect size for kindle on a long winter night.

The man struck an oiled match tip and the flame roared to life, a curious gradient of deep navy and violent orange. And as the blue heart of the flame engulfed her, Elzerina thought of both the azure sea she would never meet and the puppet-maker’s kind cornflower eyes, and longed for their cool, dousing touch.

Passione

Passione

spacer.png

CHARACTERISTICS

Personality Traits

x!
x.

Ideals

x. x.

Bonds

x.
x.

Flaws

x.
x.

Appearance

x.

Backstory

x.

I watched you die.

Halcyonella

x.

Mother (Pride)

x.

Ability Scores

Ability Rolls Bonus
Wis 13 +1 Fairy
Con 13 +1 Fairy
Str 11 +4 Shard
Dex 14  
Int 10  

Name Number Price Total

Pearl of Power 1 400 400

Bit and bridle 1 2 2
Elephant 1 200 200
Feed 100 0.05 5
Rations 100 0.5 50
Riding Saddle 1 10 10
Wand 5 10 50

Side notes:

• Dante 

• The Kids Aren't Alright, specifically this cover.
  • x.

• Asmodeus is...

Passione

Passione

spacer.png

CHARACTERISTICS

Personality Traits

x!
x.

Ideals

x. x.

Bonds

x.
x.

Flaws

x.
x.

Appearance

x.

Backstory

x.

Halcyonella

x.

Mother (Pride)

x.

Starting Ability Scores

Ability Rolls Bonus
Wis 13 +1 Fairy
Con 13 +1 Fairy
Str 11 +4 Shard
Dex 14  
Int 10  

Starting Credits Expenditure

Name Number Price Total

Pearl of Power 1 400 400

Bit and bridle 1 2 2
Elephant 1 200 200
Feed 100 0.05 5
Rations 100 0.5 50
Riding Saddle 1 10 10
Wand 5 10 50

Side notes:

• Dante 

• The Kids Aren't Alright, specifically this cover.
  • x.

• Asmodeus is...