Kraawkaw Cloistered Cleric of Nethys 1

LN
Medium
Tengu
Skyborn Tengu
Humanoid

Perception +6; Low-Light Vision
Languages Draconic, Sylvan
Skills Acrobatics +2, Arcana +5, Athletics +0, Diplomacy +5, Intimidation +5, Lore: Academia +5, Lore: Lore (Magaambya) +5, Medicine +6, Religion +6, Stealth +5
Str +0, Dex +2, Con +0, Int +2, Wis +3, Cha +2
Items Unarmored, Backpack, Bedroll, Chalk (10), Flint and Steel, Rope, Rations (2), Torch (5), Waterskin, Soap, Antidote (Lesser), Antiplague (Lesser), Healer's Tools, Writing Set, Religious Symbol (Ceramic)

AC 15; Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +8
HP 14
Squawk! action_reaction_black.pngTrigger You critically fail a Deception, Diplomacy, or Intimidation check against a creature that doesn't have the tengu trait. You let out an awkward squawk, ruffle your feathers, or fake some other birdlike tic to cover up a social misstep or faux pas. You get a failure on the triggering check, rather than a critical failure. All creatures that witnessed you Squawk are temporarily immune for 24 hours.

Speed 25 feet
Antidote (Lesser) action_single_black.png (Alchemical, Consumable, Elixir, Healing) Activate Interact
Antiplague (Lesser) action_single_black.png (Alchemical, Consumable, Elixir, Healing) Activate Interact
Divine Prepared Spells DC 16, attack +6; 1st Heal, Heal, Heal; Cantrips
Divine Prepared Spells DC 16, attack +6; 1st Magic Missile, Fear; Cantrips Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Needle Darts, Shield
Focus Spells (1 points) Scholarly Recollection action_reaction_black.pngSpeaking a short prayer as you gather your thoughts, you're blessed to find that your deity gave you just the right bit of information for your situation. Roll the triggering check twice and use the better result.
Additional Feats Assurance, Domain Initiate, Skyborn Tengu
Additional Specials Anathema, Deity, Divine Font (Healing Font), Divine Spellcasting, Doctrine (Cloistered Cleric), Domain Initiate (Knowledge), Sharp Beak

Skyborn Tengu; Scholar (Arcana); Cloistered Cleric of Nethys (1)

Magaambya Branch: TBD (Primary) TBD (Secondary)

HP: 14/14 AC: 15 (16): Explorer's Clothing (shield spell) | Speed: 25' | Low-Light Vision

| Lang: Mwangi (Common); Tengu; Draconic; Sylvan | Hero Pts: 1 | Special Effects |

Perception (T): +6  Init: +6 | Fort (T): +3 | Ref (T): +5| Will (E): +8 |

| Skills | Attributes | Attacks | Divine DC (ATK): 16 (+6) | Focus Points 1/1|

" Thus, I return to my first question: who are you, and how can that person best be guided to grow?""

I can begin as the others gather their thoughts.

My raiment declares me to be what I am, a priest of Nethys, albeit a very young and junior one. Perhaps succinctly, we seek to support, nurture, and protect those who find magic to be the center of their being and the driving force of their life's quest - and to oppose those who would seek its power for nihilistic ends. This might seem to some to be a surrender of self-will, whether to our Order or, ultimately, to a divine being: we would hold to the aphorism that only in losing oneself can one find oneself.

Whilst we hold to the study of the arcane arts mediated through the mind of Nethys, we are aware that other traditions and schools proceed otherwise. If it were physiologically possible for him to smile deprecatingly, he would. To be sure, some of my brethren view the Magaambya as rivals, maybe even enemies or a danger: others as an opportunity. I hold to the latter perspective.

The realm of magical reality was so vast and wondrously and simultaneously comprehensible and yet beyond comprehension that we say our god went 'mad' even as he ascended.

Perhaps in a way, that is why I am here. From both the faculty and my fellow initiates, to experience and partake ever more deeply the realms of magic from traditions outside our own. And, at the same time, share what I can of our Order's insights, strengths, and, yes, weaknesses.

Having said as much, he brought the curious ceramic disk held at this belt up to his forehead and then to his heart and sang a short prayer of thanksgiving to Nethys, though, to the others, it may have come across only as a particularly poignant form of birdsong.*

OOC

*Tengu is the language of a sentient avian species, of course, but I'm not sure how normal avians or an avian familiar might react ... or not. We can play this as a thing, or not, depending on how GM or others wish to proceed.

ACTIONS

Vedast

Vedast

image.png.3f252e39801503d7f69609617a19bb9a.png

Kraawkaw

Kraawkaw Cloistered Cleric of Nethys 1

LN
Medium
Tengu
Skyborn Tengu
Humanoid

Perception +6; Low-Light Vision
Languages Draconic, Sylvan
Skills Acrobatics +2, Arcana +5, Athletics +0, Diplomacy +5, Intimidation +5, Lore: Academia +5, Lore: Lore (Magaambya) +5, Medicine +6, Religion +6, Stealth +5
Str +0, Dex +2, Con +0, Int +2, Wis +3, Cha +2
Items Unarmored, Backpack, Bedroll, Chalk (10), Flint and Steel, Rope, Rations (2), Torch (5), Waterskin, Soap, Antidote (Lesser), Antiplague (Lesser), Healer's Tools, Writing Set, Religious Symbol (Ceramic)

AC 15; Fort +3, Ref +5, Will +8
HP 14
Squawk! action_reaction_black.pngTrigger You critically fail a Deception, Diplomacy, or Intimidation check against a creature that doesn't have the tengu trait. You let out an awkward squawk, ruffle your feathers, or fake some other birdlike tic to cover up a social misstep or faux pas. You get a failure on the triggering check, rather than a critical failure. All creatures that witnessed you Squawk are temporarily immune for 24 hours.

Speed 25 feet
Antidote (Lesser) action_single_black.png (Alchemical, Consumable, Elixir, Healing) Activate Interact
Antiplague (Lesser) action_single_black.png (Alchemical, Consumable, Elixir, Healing) Activate Interact
Divine Prepared Spells DC 16, attack +6; 1st Heal, Heal, Heal; Cantrips
Divine Prepared Spells DC 16, attack +6; 1st Magic Missile, Fear; Cantrips Detect Magic, Guidance, Light, Needle Darts, Shield
Focus Spells (1 points) Scholarly Recollection action_reaction_black.pngSpeaking a short prayer as you gather your thoughts, you're blessed to find that your deity gave you just the right bit of information for your situation. Roll the triggering check twice and use the better result.
Additional Feats Assurance, Domain Initiate, Skyborn Tengu
Additional Specials Anathema, Deity, Divine Font (Healing Font), Divine Spellcasting, Doctrine (Cloistered Cleric), Domain Initiate (Knowledge), Sharp Beak

Skyborn Tengu; Scholar (Arcana); Cloistered Cleric of Nethys (1)

Magaambya Branch: TBD (Primary) TBD (Secondary)

HP: 14/14 AC: 15 (16): Explorer's Clothing (shield spell) | Speed: 25' | Low-Light Vision

| Lang: Mwangi (Common); Tengu; Draconic; Sylvan | Hero Pts: 1 | Special Effects |

Perception (T): +6  Init: +6 | Fort (T): +3 | Ref (T): +5| Will (E): +8 |

| Skills | Attributes | Attacks | Divine DC (ATK): 16 (+6) | Focus Points 1/1|

" Thus, I return to my first question: who are you, and how can that person best be guided to grow?""

I can begin as the others gather their thoughts.

My raiment declares me to be what I am, a priest of Nethys, albeit a very young and junior one. Perhaps succinctly, we seek to support, nurture, and protect those who find magic to be the center of their being and the driving force of their life's quest - and to oppose those who would seek its power for nihilistic ends. This might seem to some to be a surrender of self-will, whether to our Order or, ultimately, to a divine being: we would hold to the aphorism that only in losing oneself can one find oneself.

Whilst we hold to the study of the arcane arts mediated through the mind of Nethys, we are aware that other traditions and schools proceed otherwise. If it were physiologically possible for him to smile deprecatingly, he would. To be sure, some of my brethren view the Magaambya as rivals, maybe even enemies or a danger: others as an opportunity. I hold to the latter perspective.

The realm of magical reality was so vast and wondrously and simultaneously comprehensible and yet beyond comprehension that we say our god went 'mad' even as he ascended.

Perhaps in a way, that is why I am here. From both the faculty and my fellow initiates, to experience and partake ever more deeply the realms of magic from traditions outside our own. And, at the same time, share what I can of our Order's insights, strengths, and, yes, weaknesses.

Having said as much, he brought the curious ceramic disk held at this belt up to his forehead and then to his heart and sang a short prayer of thanksgiving to Nethys, though, to the others, it may have come across only as a particularly poignant form of birdsong.

OOC

ACTIONS