Still under consideration but would like input

Phantom Mouse

I'm currently thinking Dancer 3/Symbolist 2 with either Arboreal or Flight quirk. While I've ran Fabula, I'm still fairly new to it. This in fact would be my first time playing, so I'd like input on the construction I'm thinking of. After I have my build down, then I'll work up a background based around it, especially given how the quirks I've chosen sound as if they'd be background determiners.

... am I seriously the person with the least Fabula experience in the room? :)

Well, it seems okay? Feels like a build that's gonna be big on versatility with what you can do: longer effects with symbolist, moment to moment effects with dancer. My main note would be the Flight quirk - for a character who seems leaning more squishy, that's gonna take you out of reach of foes armed with more melee weapons. That's pretty easy to counter by giving your adversaries ranged weapons/spells... but then it feels like I'm targetting you specifically.

That's not a 'don't do it'. The squishy caster darting through the air is fun thematically. That's a problem for me to solve and try to find a good balance on. General outgrowth of 'how much do I target weaker characters?'. Just highlighting it for you: it's the sort of thing that takes some fine tuning to feel reasonable for both of us. Not 'every villain can hit you', not 'I'm out of reach of the entire enemy army', but somewhere in between, right?