Edit History

Saberfan

Saberfan

3 hours ago, TheFred said:

OK, so no crazy Gunslinger dipping? Sounds good!

Fair enough. The only specific one I had in mind (for a different character anyway, and I'm probably not going to switch up entirely now... but still just like brainstorming) was Experimentalist + Martial Thaumaturge, since both modify feats but the former only adds options. Admittedly many Paizo archetypes are like that; more likely I'd be thinking something like Ley Line Guardian + Sphere Witch (though that's maybe a bad example since it offers a CL boost and those are often handled differently in Spheres).

For PrCs I was really just thinking plain old non-casting ones, just because you've banned regular non-Spheres classes like Fighter or whatever too - casting PrCs would need a proper Spheres conversion, which might be simple, but would I think be pretty case-by-case.

I've always ruled that archetypes that alter the same thing in non-contradicting ways can be taken alongside each other. So an archetype that, for example, adds new rogue talent options could be taken alongside one that removes rogue talents altogether. That's not the official way of handling it of course, but my stance remains regardless.

Yeah, if you mean Prestige Classes like Assassin or Stalwart Defender, feel free to take those. Caster-centric PrCs need proper evaluation obviously, but most of those should be also be fine as long as people checked with me first and were willing to accept whatever modifications were necessary to make them conform to spheres.

Saberfan

Saberfan

3 hours ago, TheFred said:

OK, so no crazy Gunslinger dipping? Sounds good!

Fair enough. The only specific one I had in mind (for a different character anyway, and I'm probably not going to switch up entirely now... but still just like brainstorming) was Experimentalist + Martial Thaumaturge, since both modify feats but the former only adds options. Admittedly many Paizo archetypes are like that; more likely I'd be thinking something like Ley Line Guardian + Sphere Witch (though that's maybe a bad example since it offers a CL boost and those are often handled differently in Spheres).

For PrCs I was really just thinking plain old non-casting ones, just because you've banned regular non-Spheres classes like Fighter or whatever too - casting PrCs would need a proper Spheres conversion, which might be simple, but would I think be pretty case-by-case.

I've always ruled that archetypes that alter the same thing in non-contradicting ways can be taken alongside each other. So an archetype that, for example, adds new rogue talents could be taken alongside one that removes rogue talents altogether. That's not the official way of handling it of course, but my stance remains regardless.

Yeah, if you mean Prestige Classes like Assassin or Stalwart Defender, feel free to take those. Caster-centric PrCs need proper evaluation obviously, but most of those should be also be fine as long as people checked with me first and were willing to accept whatever modifications were necessary to make them conform to spheres.