Edit History

DnD_Jedi

DnD_Jedi

13 hours ago, Rudra said:
with such crazy, wildly different, alien characters i wonder what kind of relationship the party will form, i havent read them all but alignment/personality wise there is an huge variety, going from Jedi knight(whos probably the goodest thing around) to a mildly sadistic vampire

Why thank you! I'm glad to see you think so highly of the Jedi. So many people on the internet these days seem to hate them for being 'stagnant' or 'arrogant'. 

14 hours ago, Illogictree said:

Especially the role of Casting Traditions (and Martial Traditions as well) - using them to define how magic works in the world. There are shades of this in how Rowan's magic works; literally all magic in her homeworld of Annwn works the way hers does.

That's something I did as well. I specifically chose the casting drawbacks that I feel fit Force Users, especially a non-Dark user, the best. No verbal or somantic components, but it requires great focus and emotional control to pull off correctly.

12 hours ago, Sundust said:

If that jedi is anything like Rey, Amara could start to find him exhausting. She might have to open an extradimensional room just to get stuff done. Throw a captive in there with some darkness and Sabine.

Okay, lets be real here, Rey is just... not a good example of the Jedi. I mean, even though she's repeating Luke's struggle with the dark side Arc, she just never stood out to be as having the calm composure that a Jedi is meant to have.

Please turn to one Obi-Wan Kenobi, or perhaps Plo Koon to see how I will strive to have Arcantos act in this RP.

1 hour ago, CraziFuzzy said:

I have, in all the years playing spheres, never seen anyone actually treat the sphere-specific drawbacks as a part of a casting tradition. They are always treated as what you describe - a way to half-dip into a sphere. It's certainly how I used them in every character I've ever played.

Hmmm, I admit, I had not considered it too much myself... but I will confess that one of the Spheres I hope/planned to potentially dabble into is the Enchantment Sphere... and I am specifically going to be picking up the drawbacks to limit to me to personal use and perhaps natural use as well. I'm a Jedi, I can't magically give other people extra speed or accuracy with their attacks. But I can channel the Force through myself to make me stronger and faster...

Maybe I should consider the flavour of the sphere-specific drawbacks more...

DnD_Jedi

DnD_Jedi

13 hours ago, Rudra said:
with such crazy, wildly different, alien characters i wonder what kind of relationship the party will form, i havent read them all but alignment/personality wise there is an huge variety, going from Jedi knight(whos probably the goodest thing around) to a mildly sadistic vampire

Why thank you! I'm glad to see you think so highly of the Jedi. So many people on the internet these days seem to hate them for being 'stagnant' or 'arrogant'.

14 hours ago, Illogictree said:

Especially the role of Casting Traditions (and Martial Traditions as well) - using them to define how magic works in the world. There are shades of this in how Rowan's magic works; literally all magic in her homeworld of Annwn works the way hers does.

That's something I did as well. I specifically chose the casting drawbacks that I feel fit Force Users, especially a non-Dark user, the best. No verbal or somantic components, but it requires great focus and emotional control to pull off correctly.

12 hours ago, Sundust said:

If that jedi is anything like Rey, Amara could start to find him exhausting. She might have to open an extradimensional room just to get stuff done. Throw a captive in there with some darkness and Sabine.

Okay, lets be real here, Rey is just... not a good example of the Jedi. I mean, even though she's repeating Luke's struggle with the dark side Arc, she just never stood out to be as having the calm composure that a Jedi is meant to have.

Please turn to one Obi-Wan Kenobi, or perhaps Plo Koon to see how I will strive to have Arcantos act in this RP.

1 hour ago, CraziFuzzy said:

I have, in all the years playing spheres, never seen anyone actually treat the sphere-specific drawbacks as a part of a casting tradition. They are always treated as what you describe - a way to half-dip into a sphere. It's certainly how I used them in every character I've ever played.

Hmmm, I admit, I had not considered it too much myself... but I will confess that one of the Spheres I hope/planned to potentially dabble into is the Enchantment Sphere... and I am specifically going to be picking up the drawbacks to limit to me to personal use and perhaps natural use as well. I'm a Jedi, I can't magically give other people extra speed or accuracy with their attacks. But I can channel the Force through myself to make me stronger and faster...

Maybe I should consider the flavour of the sphere-specific drawbacks more...