image.png.f1f65e3c31bb76ee6422d99bff109566.png

----- Haze -----
Shadow Hand of Shadar
The Shadow Sworn
Fist of Tanthul

Elf (Shadar-Kai) Fighter (Echo Knight) 10 LN

***SHEET**

AC 21 HP 104 Speed 40ft
Str 18 (4) Belt 29 (+9) Dex 14 (2) Con 18(3) Wis 13(1) Int 13 (1) Cha 14 (2)

Preficiencey Bonus: +4
Weapons: Simple weapons, martial weapons
Saving Throws: Strength* +13, Constitution* +8 Dex +2 , Wis+1 , Int+1 ,Cha+2
Skills: Acrobatics +6, Athletics +13, Intimidation+6, Perception+5, Stealth+6

Darkvision 60

Racial : Fey AncestryYou have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep | Blessing of the Raven QueenAs a bonus action, you can magically teleport up to 30 feet to an unoccupied space you can see. Once you use this trait, you can't do so again until you finish a long rest.

Starting at 3rd level, you also gain resistance to all damage when you teleport using this trait. The resistance lasts until the start of your next turn. During that time, you appear ghostly and translucent.[/
| Necrotic ResistanceYou have resistance to necrotic damage

Trance. Elves do not sleep | Keen Senses : proficiency in the Perception skill.

Feats: MobilityYou are exceptionally speedy and agile. You gain the following benefits:
Your speed increases by 10 feet.
When you use the Dash action, difficult terrain doesn't cost you extra movement on that turn.
When you make a melee attack against a creature, you don't provoke opportunity attacks from that creature for the rest of the turn, whether you hit or not
, Great Weapon MasterYou’ve learned to put the weight of a weapon to your advantage, letting its momentum empower your strikes. You gain the following benefits:

On your turn, when you score a critical hit with a melee weapon or reduce a creature to 0 hit points with one, you can make one melee weapon attack as a bonus action.
Before you make a melee attack with a heavy weapon that you are proficient with, you can choose to take a -5 penalty to the attack roll. If the attack hits, you add +10 to the attack’s damage
, Sharp ShooterYou have mastered ranged weapons and can make shots that others find impossible. You gain the following benefits:

Attacking at long range doesn't impose disadvantage on your ranged weapon attack rolls.
Your ranged weapon attacks ignore half and three-quarters cover.
Before you make an attack with a ranged weapon that you are proficient with, you can choose to take a -5 penalty to the attack roll. If that attack hits, you add +10 to the attack's damage.

Fighter : Great Weapon FightingWhen you roll a 1 or 2 on a damage die for an attack you make with a melee weapon that you are wielding with two hands, you can reroll the die and must use the new roll, even if the new roll is a 1 or a 2. The weapon must have the two-handed or versatile property for you to gain this benefit | Second Wind HP=1d10+10 [sort R] | Action Surge (x1) | Extra Attack x 1 | Indomitable x 1

Echo Knight:
Manifest Echo [bonus] AC20, 1HP, My Saves, *Move 30 feet [free]
Teleport Swap for 15feet move[bonus] | Attack through Echo [free]
Echo Opp attack [Reaction] | Echo Avatar - 1000feet | Shadow Martyr
Unleash Incarnation: Attack Action =Additional Attack from echo 3/day [Long R]

Items:

• +3 Mithril Fullplate | AC 21
  • Belt of Storm Giant Strength --[attunement]
  • Danoth's Visor --[attunement]
  • +3 Longbow
  • Quiver of Ehlonna - Uncommon
  • +1 returning dart
  • Elmisters Gift +3 Greatsword of spell stooring [moonsword base] ---attunement
    • [spell stooring x3] 15 points [sheildx5, flyx1, hastex1, cure 4d6+6]

[not so sure about sword and would like to look at this if I get in]

Attacks
Greatsword +3  [+16 for (2d6+16) or +11 for (2d6+26)]
Dart +1 [+14 for 1d4+10 , or +9 for 1d4+20]
Longbow+3 [+9 for 1d8+3 or +4 for 1d8+13]
Javlin +1 [+14 for 1d8+10 , or +9 for 1d8+20]

About Him

ABOUT HIM
Personality

Haze has a simple and direct manner. He is still and calm and speeks sparingly and he can even be friendly. His mannerisms are unaturally motionless without a hint on unnecesary moevement. It is an intence and unsetteling pressence and for those that know his history it screems of the passing of time

On the job he is detached, calculating & calm violence. No matter what the situation, he never raises his voice or lets his emotions touch him.

Ideal 

Haze will do whatever it takes to fether his own nest. He will do his job unrelentingly but will take any opportunity to gain power and wealth for control over his future

Bond

Haze is a sell sword of unquestionable allegiance. He is his own man but his trade and his reputation rest of his perfect loyalty under, what has to date, been unbreakable oaths. He takes jobs strictly on this basis. He served Tanthul many times over the last hundread years gaining his name.
He enjoys the effect his reputation has and sees himself as an unequalled. He is fostering the idea he is the greatest bounty hunter and sell sword in memory. He had great plans ….. and then death died.

Flaw

When faced with a choice between money and my friends, I usually choose the money.

Hide this

Background

MOMENT ANGUISH

Haze was born to Shadar-Kai parents but his father died adventuring when he was an infant, at least that is what his mother told him, so it was probably BS. His mother was a piece of work.

Mother was a con woman and thief. She was also a collector of pain, sorrow and torment for the Raven Queen. Haze was unlike her and had no talent for theft and but took to martial studies like a duck to water.

Mother got on the wrong side of city officials in spiralling tensions leading ultimately to what would be the fatal betrayal of an arch magus of dunamancy.

The time mage imprisoned Haze and his mother In a temporal prison swimming with the pain and sorrow of the memories they had collected.

Moments of sorrow and anguish on the outside, on the inside were eons. Time that left his mother mad and Haze changed forever.

A MOMMENT OF HOPE

Haze found himself sitting across the table from The Arch Mage. The surprise still filling the mages intelligent eyes with excitement.
The time mage knew what it meant that a human mind survived what must have been many tens of millennia. That Haze was surrounded by flickering shades of unrealized timelines made it that much more interesting.

“I will release you but first you must train, the cost of which will not be trivial. You will then enter my charge until you repay me three times over”

Finally there was hope

DESPAIR

Experience told the Chronomancer that a mortal mind placed in a time prison for eternity goes mad. Place it in a time prison and confront it with a multitude of pain and sorrow and it still goes mad unless, it turns out, that it has talent with dunamis.

Haze started studies with a Kryn warrior named Dashati. He was apparently on loan from a ruler who lived in Shadofelll, Melegaunt Tanthul specifically to train Haze. Dashari was close to age when a warrior would look to retire but he took to working with Haze with vigor and excitement that Haze reciprocated. Dashari was always in full armour with an enormous greatsword by his side he called Oath Keeper. Haze couldn’t help but eye it with envy.

It turns out that if you are placed in a time prison for an eternity it does little for your interpersonal skills. Haze was detached and shared little with others on an emotional level. Haze was however a chance for Dashati to train a blank slate, to train a weapon that was worthy to replace him in serving Telamont. The vertran warrior understood that he would become a weapon that needed to be controlled and ingraining in Haze the value of an Oath and in keeping your word as bond. This was integral to his training process.

It was hard training that could only come from the personal attention of a vetran warrior. After two years the training become sporadic as Haze began his part time service to the Chronomancer. Over the next three years Haze worked off his indentured servitude to the time mage. He played the roll from bodyguard to bounty hunter and enforcer.

He grew to like the mages sons, but it was only really Dashati that he had any real connection. When news of his death reached Haze the world was consumed with Despair.

ELATION

Apparently it was part of the deal that Haze would serve under Melegaunt Tanthul and he was soon traveling to the Shade Enclave. Dashati had left his possessions to Haze, tied to condition that Haze swear an oath of service to Melegaunt for at least two years.

He was a Shadow Sworn but Haze had little concern for anything but Oath Keeper, the blade that had drawn his attention for the years that he trained with Dashati. As he held the blade and made his Oath to Melegaunt the seeds of The Fist of Tanthul were borne.

DEFEAT

Haze served Melegaunt Tanthul for 60 years. Initially this was full time and exclusively in his employ but as they became friends and his own reputation grew Haze was given a long loose rope.

He was often sent to an area to retrieve a person or item or to aid an alliance. His masters conflict with the Harpers grew and Haze was often send to remove a particular person or protect interests under threat.

He was often free to take other work, and he was never shy of manipulating his situation for his benefit. He was however on Oath to Melegaunt and would respond immediately when contacted via his masters sending spells.

On the day before Melegaunt Tanthul was slain by Elminster Aumar Haze was recalled to his masters side. Haze never pretended to understand the bitter disagreements over the use of shadow magic but his masters push to raise Shar as the God of magic was the start of the end.

They had little preparation for the onslaught of the mighty mage and his Harper allies. Elminster managed to teleport in the middle of their protected stronghold and after a short time had exhausted Haze and the other guards resilience.

Haze found himself dominated and at times controlled by the Arch mage as he, along with the harpers, cut down Melegaunt Tanthul and all those loyal to him.

VICTORY

The room was destroyed in a way that only a few dozen legendary adventurers and the most powerful mages in existence can manage. A few silhouettes walking amongst smoke and debris. Blood and gore caught by every clear patch of air.

Haze had dropped to the feet of Tanthul in shock as the effect of the domination was lifted.

Haze had been in worse predicaments. Anywhere in time was fertile with the gift of opportunities and choices.
Haze turned slowly still on his knees as Elminster approached. Holding Oath Keeper in two hands he spoke whilst looking to Elminster.

“ I have served Tanthul completely. I knew him as a friend and master and now as a memory. So I have known him completely. I am masterless.

I have never tasted a defeat like this and would keep it so. Elminster you stand here victorious and able to grant me mercy.
I would not take what I am asking without a cost in return.

By Oathkeeper I swear an oath of allegiance and of service for 24 moons or until you release me."

***THE AFTER PARTY****

In this time under Elminster he began in the mountains with a dwarven clan countering an encroaching giant invasion. A solo mission to deal with a green dragon disrupting food supplies. These were important and challenging, brutal and bloody, but more a test and a barrier. His ability to scout and enguage enemies while keeping out of their reach, recovering and stalking ment that he became the stuff of nightmares to the giant clans.

Elminster began to trust Haze and he began sent him to support various Harper endeavours deemed by Elminster to be of “last resort” importance. He never shook his prior association and “The Shadow Sworn” or “The Fist” was the best he grew to expect, even in his presence.

Over the time with the harpers he cemented his dislike for everything political. Half of the assignments were so abstract that it was dubious if they were successful or not. Haze liked results and action. The first thing he did once he was free was to establish a set of rules as to what jobs he would take and the conditions about these.

Over the last five or so years his reputation has become at of ledgends. Haze - Depentable, impartial, cold & brutal efficiencey. If you must get something done he is the man to call. Spymasters to kings the world over know how to seek his service and to fear the day should he ever be called against them.

Hide this

Edited by Grand Poobah (see edit history)

@DarkAngel 

This is a modification of an Idea I have had on the go for a while.

I think the regret would be all the deeds he did in the name of Tanthul/Shadar and the evil overtones of the ruler/god. Putting his oath above his personal feelings. I think his defeat was a welcombe release.

Additional Working on Other Notes on sheet

1st +2 Fighting Style [Great Weapon Style], Second Wind
2nd +2 Action Surge (x1)
3rd +2

Manifest Echo | Unleash Incarnation

4th +2 Mobility Martial Versatility (Optional)
5th +3 Extra Attack (x1)
6th +3 Great Weapon Master, Martial Versatility (Optional)
7th +3 Echo Avatar
8th +3 Sharp Shooter, Martial Versatility (Optional)
9th +4 Indomitable (x1)
10th +4 Shadow Martyr
11th +4 Extra Attack (x2)
12th +4 Strike of Giants (stone strike), Martial Versatility (Optional)
13th +5 Indomitable (x2)

Edited by Grand Poobah (see edit history)

On 12/29/2023 at 8:58 PM, Grand Poobah said:

Items:

• +3 Mithril Fullplate | AC 21
  • Belt of Storm Giant Strength --[attunement]
  • Danoth's Visor --[attunement]
  • +3 Longbow
  • Quiver of Ehlonna - Uncommon
  • +1 returning dart
  • Elmisters Gift +3 Greatsword of spell stooring [moonsword base] ---attunement
    • [spell stooring x3] 15 points [sheildx5, flyx1, hastex1, cure 4d6+6]

[not so sure about sword and would like to look at this if I get in]

No to Belt of the Storm Giant, no to Elmisters Gift

Yes to Mithril full plate +3, Longbow +3, Quiver of Ehlonna, Dart +1 returning... Darnoth's visor (Dormant)

@Grand Poobah DM Bonus item... recently obtained from defeated Shadow-touched Oathbreaker knight. Replaced your previous normal Greatsword +2

• Greatsword +3 (Sentient) CN (won't let you attune to it currently, as you are lawful... trying to shift your alignment to match it's own)
    Intelligence of 17, a Wisdom of 10, and a Charisma of 19. It has hearing and devil's sight out to a range of 120 feet.
    The weapon can speak, read, and understand Common, and can communicate with its wielder telepathically.
    Promises you great power if you follow it's commands... opposed check to try and use any other weapon instead of Greatsword
Edited by DarkAngel (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

@DarkAngel Mate thanks for the invite but looking over I think I am best to not start. As this was floating for a bit (I didn't know I was accepted) I accepted another game and I don't think I can commit to more than the two I have active.

Thanks for the offer and I would have loved to play the echoknight...