Edit History

ChaosCircle

ChaosCircle

To be clear, as someone with mental health issues, my choice is a slew of drugs that affect my physical health negatively in the long term vs. gambling I can hold things together with limited medication.

That is the "choice" quite a few of us face and even after dropping a mental health drug I am going to be on other drugs to keep me from being permanently disabled physically because of issues with one of my past drugs.

So yeah, we don't have the level of control a mentally average person does to even stay medicated heavily long term.

To be clear here, I do not have a grasp on reality during a mental health crisis and have ended up in psych wards. And still my psychiatrist is basically like "... Yeah. We are just going to gamble." As serious medical advice.

ChaosCircle

ChaosCircle

To be clear, as someone with mental health issues, my choice is a slew of drugs that affect my physical health negatively in the long term vs. gambling I can hold things together with limited medication.

That is the "choice" quite a few of us face and even after dropping a mental health drug I am going to be on other drugs to keep me from being permanently disabled physically because of issues with one of my past drugs.

So yeah, we don't have the level of control a mentally average person does to even stay medicated heavily long term.

ChaosCircle

ChaosCircle

That is the "choice" quite a few of us face and even after dropping a mental health drug I am going to be on other drugs to keep me from being permanently disabled physically.