Edit History

Zen Gypsy

Zen Gypsy

I am going to disagree, straight Inventor with a Gunslinger dedication would be more suitable, take a gun as your weapon innovation, assuming you go Dex Int (Ancestry), and take a (Dex, Int) background, you could end with 16 Dex & 18 Intelligence, enough to give you a +6 to hit with your Innovation at level 1, which would only be slightly behind an 18 Str-Dex martial (other than fighter or gunslinger who would be +9) but it gives you quicker access to the cool inventor stuff ... especially the powerful Megaton Strike at 4th ...

Assuming an a Flintlock Musket as your innovation at 4th level you would be doing 3d6+(Int Mod+1) with a Overdrive, Megaton strike ... but with a crit it would go up to 7d10+2(Int Mod+1) due to the Fatal Trait. Personally, since Inventor has the Int for it, I would go with Wizard Dedication, specifically for Basic Spell Casting for the whole set up, that way you could ... theoretically ... True Strike, Megaton Strike, for 5e Advantage on the attack roll. Hell, imagine a striking rune on that gun, so 4d6+Int on hit, 9d10+2(Int+1) on a crit ... at level 4 ... hell yeah.

Even without criting that's the equivalent of a 2nd level spell pretty much every shot ... not bad ...

Also remember, re: Iruxi base line stats ... you can always just take two free boosts rather than use the racial boosts & flaws ... so rather than take an elf's Dex & Free Boost, and the Con flaw, you could take a Boost to Str & Con and just be a hearty elf. Same with an intelligent Iruxi.

Zen Gypsy

Zen Gypsy

I am going to disagree, straight Inventor with a Gunslinger dedication would be more suitable, take a gun as your weapon innovation, assuming you go Dex Int (Ancestry), and take a (Dex, Int) background, you could end with 16 Dex & 18 Intelligence, enough to give you a +6 to hit with your Innovation at level 1, which would only be slightly behind an 18 Str-Dex martial (other than fighter or gunslinger who would be +9) but it gives you quicker access to the cool inventor stuff ... especially the powerful Megaton Strike at 4th ...

Assuming an a Flintlock Musket as your innovation at 4th level you would be doing 3d6+(Int Mod+1) with a Overdrive, Megaton strike ... but with a crit it would go up to 7d10+2(Int Mod+1) due to the Fatal Trait. Personally, since Inventor has the Int for it, I would go with Wizard Dedication, specifically for Basic Spell Casting for the whole set up, that way you could ... theoretically ... True Strike, Megaton Strike, for 5e Advantage on the attack roll. Hell, imagine a striking rune on that gun, so 4d6+Int on hit, 9d10+2(Int+1) on a crit ... at level 4 ... hell yeah.

Even without criting that's the equivalent of a 2nd level spell pretty much every shot ... not bad ...