Date

On This Misham, the 25th Day of Brookgreen,
in the 351st Year After the Cataclysm
(Thursday, March 25, 351 AC)

The 5th Day of the Campaign - About 8:30ish

Walking away from Tatina Rookledust

(Mery & Kalasääski)

IC

Auntie Dentdever   Whatever the old woman’s reply was going to be was interrupted as two more women appeared. “Granny Mélanie?” the younger one says, “I thought I spotted a guest! And she’s ridden in on such a mighty steed!”

The older of the women has an osprey, just like Kalasääski perched on her shoulder. In her gravelly voice, she seems to grunt out, “And a lovely familiar, just like Balbuzard, here.”

Both of them have large, beak-like noses, beady eyes, and somewhat dis-proportioned limbs. They are, at least, human—you can guess.

The osprey alights from her shoulder and perches near to Kalasääski. It’s head and neck feathers puff up as it bows its head, inviting Merituuli’s familiar to preen it—with the promise of a favor returned, of course.

“Mélanie, were you offering to teach the young maiden how to perform the curse of the untreated?” the elder woman asks Granny Mélanie. “I hope you showed her your wrists—those scars don’t go away, you know . . .”

“She’s interested,” Granny Mélanie countered, “So who am I to dissuade her? At this point, we’re negotiating price.”

The elder woman rolls her eyes and turns to you, “May I have your name, maiden?”

“The name she gave was Keryndon,” Granny Mélanie, supplied.

The elder woman clucked her tongue at Granny Mélanie and turned back to Mery, “May I have your first name, then, Ms. Keryndon? Oh my, but you’re filthy from all that riding, let me get that for you. Péh₂wr̥h₂éǵeti,” she incanted, waving her fingers in a sweeping motion, as if it were a broom, brushing away dust.

Suddenly, Mery is engulfed in ethereal flames, yet feels no pain, not even a tingle as all the mud and dirt from the road caked on her seems to flash away in the flames, along with the sweat and oils of not having bathed in quite a while. A DC 11 Arcana check will reveal that . . .. . . she cast prestidigitation on you . . . but you’ve never seen it seemingly ‘up-cast’ like that! Mery’s literally never been cleaner in her life.

“There, that probably feels much nicer! Now, about the curse of the untreated . . .” she continues. “The true cruelty of it is that any who comply with even the simplest of orders from the cursed one are then counted amongst the cursed—it spreads, worming its way through the population until they’re all dead. You don’t think that the one she cursed is still walking around, to this day, do you?”

“She hasn’t even heard my price, yet, Auntie Dentdever!!” Granny Mélanie complains.

“Ugh! Fine!” the elderly woman, Auntie Dentdever cackles. “Go on, then!”

“Now, as for the price, you simply need to let Auntie Dentdever leave the camp, and you can have her vardo—I bet she’ll even let you have her little golem, there, to take care of your every need! Don’t worry, another will join us and I’ll leave, and another and another, and eventually, you’ll be the senior most girlie here and you’ll be able to leave, too!”

“Just be sure to give me your name,” Aunti Dentdever added, a little eagerly. “After all, I’m going to need it when I leave. I’ll take good care of—what did you name him? Handsome? Yes. I’ll take very good care of Handsome!”

OOC

The map of the Kalaman region in Maps & Game Information illustrates this area.

Kamishiro_Rin

Kamishiro_Rin

Date

(Mery & Kalasääski)

IC

Auntie Dentdever   Whatever the old woman’s reply was going to be was interrupted as two more women appeared. “Mélanie?” the younger one says, “I thought I spotted a guest! And she’s ridden in on such a mighty steed!”

The older of the women has an osprey, just like Kalasääski perched on her shoulder. In her gravelly voice, she seems to grunt out, “And a lovely familiar, just like Balbuzard, here.”

Both of them have large, beak-like noses, beady eyes, and somewhat dis-proportioned limbs. They are, at least, human—you can guess.

The osprey alights from her shoulder and perches near to Kalasääski. It’s head and neck feathers puff up as it bows its head, inviting Merituuli’s familiar to preen it—with the promise of a favor returned, of course.

“Mélanie, were you offering to teach the young maiden how to perform the curse of the untreated?” the elder woman asks Granny Mélanie. “I hope you showed her your wrists—those scars don’t go away, you know . . .”

“She’s interested,” Granny Mélanie countered, “So who am I to dissuade her? At this point, we’re negotiating price.”

The elder woman rolls her eyes and turns to you, “May I have your name, maiden?”

The elder woman clucked her tongue at Granny Mélanie and turned back to Mery, “May I have your first name, then, Ms. Keryndon? Oh my, but you’re filthy from all that riding, let me get that for you. Péh₂wr̥h₂éǵeti,” she incanted, waving her fingers in a sweeping motion, as if it were a broom, brushing away dust.

Suddenly, Mery is engulfed in ethereal flames, yet feels no pain, not even a tingle as all the mud and dirt from the road caked on her seems to flash away in the flames, along with the sweat and oils of not having bathed in quite a while. A DC 11 Arcana check will reveal that . . .. . . she cast prestidigitation on you . . . but you’ve never seen it seemingly ‘up-cast’ like that! Mery’s literally never been cleaner in her life.

“There, that probably feels much nicer! Now, about the curse of the untreated . . .” she continues. “The true cruelty of it is that any who comply with even the simplest of orders from the cursed one are then counted amongst the cursed—it spreads, worming its way through the population until they’re all dead. You don’t think that the one she cursed is still walking around, to this day, do you?”

“She hasn’t even heard my price, yet, Auntie Dentdever!!” Granny Mélanie complains.

“Now, as for the price, you simply need to let Auntie Dentdever leave the camp, and you can have her vardo—I bet she’ll even let you have her little golem, there, to take care of your every need! Don’t worry, another will join us and I’ll leave, and another and another, and eventually, you’ll be the senior most girlie here and you’ll be able to leave, too!”

“Just be sure to give me your name,” Aunti Dentdever added, a little eagerly. “After all, I’m going to need it when I leave. I’ll take good care of—what did you name him? Handsome? Yes. I’ll take very good care of Handsome!”

OOC

Kamishiro_Rin

Kamishiro_Rin

Date

(Mery & Kalasääski)

IC

Whatever the old woman’s reply was going to be was interrupted as two more women appeared. “Mélanie?” the younger one says, “I thought I spotted a guest! And she’s ridden in on such a mighty steed!”

OOC