Edit History

chongjasmine

chongjasmine

I am a newbie when it comes to play by post? How to begin? Which thread should I look into first? What is IC or OOC? How to roll die? How to create characters? What determine their stats/attributes?
Is there any book I need to buy? How to know when you are required to roll a die or not in role-play? I read the dungeon and dragon's guide and discovered sometimes you need to roll dies.
Besides during combat, how do you know when you are required to roll a die or not? Another question, how do you know what to add to the attack? For instance, some posts I read add 2 or 3 or even 4 attack points to the dice roll. It is not consistent. Some players add 2, some 3, some 4. How do you know how to determine what points to add to your initial dice roll?

Also, which rpg systems do you recommend I check up? DnD or PF? Why? Do they offer pdf or epubs? Are they newbie friendly?

Sorry for the questions, I am new and keen to learn the ropes.

I am asking more for pbp roleplay than face to face. I am too shy to roleplay face to face.

Final question: How do I actually join a game here?

chongjasmine

chongjasmine

I am a newbie when it comes to play by post? How to begin? Which thread should I look into first? What is IC or OOC? How to roll die? How to create characters? What determine their stats/attributes?
Is there any book I need to buy? How to know when you are required to roll a die or not in role-play? I read the dungeon and dragon's guide and discovered sometimes you need to roll dies.
Besides during combat, how do you know when you are required to roll a die or not? Another question, how do you know what to add to the attack? For instance, some posts I read add 2 or 3 or even 4 attack points to the dice roll. It is not consistent. Some players add 2, some 3, some 4. How do you know how to determine what points to add to your initial dice roll?

Also, which rpg systems do you recommend I check up? DnD or PF? Why? Do they offer pdf or epubs? Are they newbie friendly?

I am asking more for pbp roleplay than face to face. I am too shy to roleplay face to face.

chongjasmine

chongjasmine