Edit History

Vedast

Vedast

1 hour ago, Kistler said:

That was completely home-brewed. I had been taking to a friend about making things less reliant on attributes and more roleplay friendly. The x -> y stuff from 1e is loved by optimizers, but sometimes it's really nice and flavorful.

Is a big muscle shark intimidating regardless of his charisma? Are acrobats strong? Can intelligence let you think of lies so clever you don't need charisma to sell them?

If you wanted to roleplay that stuff there was a skill feat that let you reallocate a skill's attribute. It may have been two skills after level 5 or something. I also allowed the selection of the saves you wanted proficiency advancements in, instead of what the class gave for similar reasons. I have toned down my houserules a bit now, partially because they're a pain to run.

Ah ... thanks for the reply.

I was thinking about it in context of a rogue (thief) I'm working on for another Game. CHA kicks in due to Deception and Intimidate (together with Dread Striker) as ways to get flat-footed if flanking isn't available, but I wasn't thinking of the character as a traditional "Face." It would have been nice to have an INT-based way to facilitate Feint and Demoralize so one could better build up an INT-DEX thief.

I know the Investigator is an option, but I tend to incline to more traditional Core classes.

Vedast

Vedast

58 minutes ago, Kistler said:

That was completely home-brewed. I had been taking to a friend about making things less reliant on attributes and more roleplay friendly. The x -> y stuff from 1e is loved by optimizers, but sometimes it's really nice and flavorful.

Is a big muscle shark intimidating regardless of his charisma? Are acrobats strong? Can intelligence let you think of lies so clever you don't need charisma to sell them?

If you wanted to roleplay that stuff there was a skill feat that let you reallocate a skill's attribute. It may have been two skills after level 5 or something. I also allowed the selection of the saves you wanted proficiency advancements in, instead of what the class gave for similar reasons. I have toned down my houserules a bit now, partially because they're a pain to run.

Ah ... thanks for the reply.

I was thinking about it in context of a rogue (thief) I'm working on for another Game. CHA kicks in due to Deception and Intimidate (together with Dread Striker) as ways to get flat-footed if flanking isn't available, but I wasn't thinking of the character as a traditional "Face." It would have been nice to have an INT-based way to facilitate Feint and Demoralize so one could better build up an INT-DEX thief.