Edit History

Vedast

Vedast

@BarbarossaLives Good luck with your business project.

I'm sure there are hundreds of perspectives on game posting regularity and pace (or threads elsewhere on the Weave about such), but I'd only note:

• some folks tend not to post the "My character is listening/observing/just going along" contact post. If there's not a die roll involved or some Action involved, they might not post anything. This lack of a reply, of course, raises the problem of interpreting the null result. Are they about to post? are they away? maybe we should wait? ... and traffic comes to a halt.
  • I think that folks tend to respond if the Game moves along. If the Game isn't moving, ennui takes over. There might be a bit of chicken-or-the-egg here, but I submit that the GM has to establish (or at least maintain) the pace ... and let others come along as best they can. Obviously, there are times when individuals have to be away (vacations or illness or whatever). And whilst there might be Games where the group can push itself forward, I submit that for the most part, the Master needs to be put back in Game Master and the GM really sets the pace and tone. I just don't think a passive or a light hand works for most cases.

Obviously, there are "but I was in a Game that worked just fine and we didn't ..." exceptions.

Vedast

Vedast

@BarbarossaLives Good luck with your business project.

I'm sure there are hundreds of perspectives on game posting regularity and pace (or threads elsewhere on the Weave about such), but I'd only note:

• some folks tend not to post the "My character is listening/observing/just going along" contact post. If there's not a die roll involved or some Action involved, they might not post anything. This lack of a reply, of course, raises the problem of interpreting the null result. Are they about to post; are they away; maybe we should wait ... and traffic comes to a halt.
  • I think that folks tend to respond if the Game moves along. If the Game isn't moving, ennui takes over. There might be a bit of chicken-or-the-egg here, but I submit that the GM has to establish (or at least maintain) the pace ... and let others come along as best they can. Obviously, there are times when individuals have to be away (vacations or illness or whatever). And whilst there might be Games where the group can push itself forward, I submit that for the most part, the Master needs to be put back in Game Master and the GM really sets the pace and tone. I just don't think a passive or a light hand works for most cases.

Obviously, there are "but I was in a Game that worked just fine and we didn't ..." exceptions.