Edit History

MidnightPoet

MidnightPoet

1 hour ago, Rayth said:

Been eyeing this game for a couple days, contemplating builds I'd want to make. My initial idea has, due to my own dallying, been claimed by another applicant, and I think it'd be gauche to compete for the same niche so closely. So instead, I've got a couple other ideas I'd like to throw out for input:

• A Changeling, Fiend, Charlatan, Eloquence Bard, who obtained their shapeshifting and spellcraft by beating another fiend in a game of chance or a competition, allying with the Society of the Occult for protection;
  • A Human/Goliath, Giant, Beast Hunter, Rune Knight Fighter, who descended from the frigid north for glory or to hunt some creature, or as a show of cooperation between their homeland and the Baruch Empire;

The Changeling on the run would be a fun idea, although I will ask you to choose one of the allowed races to claim as your canon lineage. You would also likely have a preferred form to take during your downtime. I can see a lot to do with using devil contracts in an information war.

As for the Human/Golaith from the frigid north, I would heavily recommend you look at Valika. They are a barbarian people that resemble Humans but each tribe has slightly monstrous abilities that allow you to combine with other lineages. For example, Tribe A has massive bodies and muscles as hard as granite (Goliath) while Tribe B worships an ancestor that grants them the ability to breathe ice (Dragonborn). These people also travel from their lands to the south as seafarers and merchants to trade, to complete a rite of passage such as a monster hunt, or as a diplomatic envoy.

MidnightPoet

MidnightPoet

1 hour ago, Rayth said:

Been eyeing this game for a couple days, contemplating builds I'd want to make. My initial idea has, due to my own dallying, been claimed by another applicant, and I think it'd be gauche to compete for the same niche so closely. So instead, I've got a couple other ideas I'd like to throw out for input:

• A Changeling, Fiend, Charlatan, Eloquence Bard, who obtained their shapeshifting and spellcraft by beating another fiend in a game of chance or a competition, allying with the Society of the Occult for protection;
  • A Human/Goliath, Giant, Beast Hunter, Rune Knight Fighter, who descended from the frigid north for glory or to hunt some creature, or as a show of cooperation between their homeland and the Baruch Empire;

The Changeling would be a suitable idea, although I will ask you to choose one of the allowed races to claim as your canon lineage. You would also likely have a preferred form to take during your downtime.

As for the Human/Golaith from the frigid north, I would heavily recommend you look at Valika. They are a barbarian people that resemble Humans but each tribe has slightly monstrous abilities that allow you to combine with other lineages. For example, Tribe A has massive bodies and muscles as hard as granite (Goliath) while Tribe B worships an ancestor that grants them the ability to breathe ice (Dragonborn). These people also travel from their lands to the south as seafarers and merchants to trade, to complete a rite of passage such as a monster hunt, or as a diplomatic envoy.