Edit History

Inquisitor D

Inquisitor D

4 hours ago, MidnightPoet said:

I like the direction you're going with the character. I have no problems with the Society having an Inquisitor in their ranks; so long as you do not intend to use that position to attack or threaten the party (which doesn't sound like Irata at all).

As far as lore goes, the Inquisition is not monolithic by any means. You might think about how the organization was just recently established in the city. There is a core group from the Castinellan Provinces who is devout enough to want to travel to a foreign land in the name of Empyreus, but they are relatively few in number. They would have hired from the local populace to fill out their ranks and to handle all the administrative work. Are you one of those local hires, or are you also a newcomer to the city, but from Liesech or some place removed from the church's power and belief structure?

Hehehe... Glad you like her! Thanks! And yeah, no way in hell is Irata threatening anybody. If she's accepted into the Society she's going to be as poilte and respectful as she possibly can, while being absolutely terrified of all her fellow members. ;)

*hums* I'd intended Irata to actually be Castinellan. She's not the most faithful or devout believer in Empyreus, but she is a believer. Just... more the sort who would try and talk a friend out of doing magic than throwing them on the pyre. The sort who'd at least consider bringing up earlier edicts about how magic users were supposed to just get locked up and devote themselves to higher aims, before she sees everyone glaring at her and bottles it.

And even that faith's been thrown into question by her group getting wiped out. Hard to trust in your Great and Noble Mission where the experienced, holy, Empyreus blessed are decorating the floor.

But yeah, that's why I was looking at her as Castinellan. If she's more local, she's in a better position to abandon the goal she was brought in for, or at least has other power structures she can turn to. As a foreigner... well, she doesn't know what killed her group or who she can trust. Which helps keep her isolated from other local Inquisition elements - what if they're in on it? ^^ With a secret mission, she's not sure what Hoenheim was investigating and is still trying to work that out.

The main thing holding me back from Irata is build uncertainty. I know roughly what I want from her: ranged martial type with a rifle, but I'm not really getting that 'aha' moment when reviewing class options. By contrast I've got multiple ideas for Mika that I really like: Plague Doctor and Alchemist play up her current role, while Armorer suggests some Enforcer training. Just being a straight up Wizard fits her story pretty well. But I do feel she's a bit of a weaker character as things stands - I skimmed her story at the Magister, and need a better handle on her if I do a full writeup...

Inquisitor D

Inquisitor D

I like the direction you're going with the character. I have no problems with the Society having an Inquisitor in their ranks; so long as you do not intend to use that position to attack or threaten the party (which doesn't sound like Irata at all).

As far as lore goes, the Inquisition is not monolithic by any means. You might think about how the organization was just recently established in the city. There is a core group from the Castinellan Provinces who is devout enough to want to travel to a foreign land in the name of Empyreus, but they are relatively few in number. They would have hired from the local populace to fill out their ranks and to handle all the administrative work. Are you one of those local hires, or are you also a newcomer to the city, but from Liesech or some place removed from the church's power and belief structure?

Hehehe... Glad you like her! Thank! And yeah, no way in hell is Irata threatening anybody. If she's accepted into the Society she's going to be as poilte and respectful as she possibly can, while being absolutely terrified of all her fellow members. ;)

*hums* I'd intended Irata to actually be Castinellan. She's not the most faithful or devout believer in Empyreus, but she is a believer. Just... more the sort who would try and talk a friend out of doing magic than throwing them on the pyre. The sort who'd at least consider bringing up earlier edicts about how magic users were supposed to just get locked up and devote themselves to higher aims, before she sees everyone glaring at her and bottles it.

And even that faith's been thrown into question by her group getting wiped out. Hard to trust in your Great and Noble Mission where the experienced, holy, Empyreus blessed are decorating the floor.

But yeah, that's why I was looking at her as Castinellan. If she's more local, she's in a better position to abandon the goal she was brought in for, or at least has other power structures she can turn to. As a foreigner... well, she doesn't know what killed her group or who she can trust. Which helps keep her isolated from other local Inquisition elements - what if they're in on it? ^^ With a secret mission, she's not sure what Hoenheim was investigating and is still trying to work that out.

The main thing holding me back from Irata is build uncertainty. I know roughly what I want from her: ranged martial type with a rifle, but I'm not really getting that 'aha' moment when reviewing class options. By contrast I've got multiple ideas for Mika that I really like: Plague Doctor and Alchemist play up her current role, while Armorer suggests some Enforcer training. Just being a straight up Wizard fits her story pretty well. But I do feel she's a bit of a weaker character as things stands - I skimmed her story at the Magister, and need a better handle on her if I do a full writeup...

Inquisitor D

Inquisitor D

Hehehe... Glad you like her! Yeah, no way in hell is Irata threatening anybody. If she's accepted into the Society she's going to be as poilte and respectful as she possibly can, while being absolutely terrified of all her fellow members. ;)