Edit History

MidnightPoet

MidnightPoet

13 hours ago, RillaTaj said:

Thanks to all who replied for the input :)

Everyone did an awesome job filling in for me while I was traveling.

As for the Lapsed Inquisitor background, I do let you customize the advanced background. So you can choose the background feature, and then customize your skills and benefits (as a normal background). The only difference is that you need to provide some kind of trajectory for your character development. A suitable example might be as a private detective. The NPCs and monsters I hook to you would be based off your work as a private detective.

3 hours ago, Rayth said:

I'm a bit late, but that all seems fair. I've taken the increased pricing into account, as well as adjusted my damage dice. I also increased the item weight following guidelines I found online. And so, I think my character is done. I realize I forgot to ask if this rule applied to unarmed attacks as well; following your recommendation, and to focus on grappling as much as I'm focusing on spear and polearm use, I have the Unarmed Fighting Combat Style, so hopefully that'll suffice when in close-quarters. I'm assuming the damage dice will also increase, but will change that if you rule otherwise.

Ouch, a giant grappler in urban fights and close quarters? That sounds monstrous. Honestly, I think most creatures will just treat you like an ogre after seeing what you can do in the first one or two rounds of combat.

MidnightPoet

MidnightPoet

12 hours ago, RillaTaj said:

Thanks to all who replied for the input :)

Everyone did an awesome job filling in for me while I was traveling.

As for the Lapsed Inquisitor background, I do let you customize the advanced background. So you can choose the background feature, and then customize your skills and benefits (as a normal background). The only difference is that you need to provide some kind of trajectory for your character development. A suitable example might be as a private detective. The NPCs and monsters I hook to you would be based off your work as a private detective.

3 hours ago, Rayth said:

I'm a bit late, but that all seems fair. I've taken the increased pricing into account, as well as adjusted my damage dice. I also increased the item weight following guidelines I found online. And so, I think my character is done. I realize I forgot to ask if this rule applied to unarmed attacks as well; following your recommendation, and to focus on grappling as much as I'm focusing on spear and polearm use, I have the Unarmed Fighting Combat Style, so hopefully that'll suffice when in close-quarters. I'm assuming the damage dice will also increase, but will change that if you rule otherwise.

Ouch, a giant grappler in urban fights and close quarters? That sounds monstrous. And yes, you can increase your unarmed fighting dice from 1d8 to 1d10. Honestly, I think most creatures will just treat you like an ogre after seeing what you can do in the first one or two rounds of combat.