Edit History

Kythia

Kythia

Coedd

All is Coedd

Diplomacy: 3, Military: 1, Economy: 1, Faith: 6, Intrigue: 6

Actions

1) Faith - Seek Aid on Inquisition (Action 3) (TN 10, Faith 6) Roll SUCCESS!

Coedd is all, not all is Coedd. Meat institutions need adjustment. Coedd is able.

From the personal notes of Garrick Mynqvist, ArkHivist

Coedd's attempts to drive out those who don't worship her have been partially succesful, but not fully so. In particular, it seems to have been counterproductive in the case of many merchants, who have stubbornly refused to leave. Nevertheless, Coedd seems determined and continues to harass those locals she wants rid of with plant incursions.

2) Faith - Convert Region 25 (TN 12, Faith 6, Support 2) Conversion of 25

Meat fights meat. Coedd grows. Coedd is all, all is still not yet Coedd

The military aid Coedd dispatches to aid the armies of Elif Dhaoine prove a more potent recruitment method than anything else Coedd could have tried. Fighting alongside them brings new bodies to the Coedd cult - some out of curiousity, some to pay respects to "colleagues in arms" and frankly some to jeer. But not all leave unchanged and the ranks of the faithful in the reserve are swelled.

3) Intrigue - Inquisition (TN 12, Intrigue 6, Aid 1)Roll SUCCESS!

Coedd is all, not all is Coedd. Meat institutions need adjustment. Coedd is able.

The increase in "plant aggression" (although aggression is the wrong word, their work is coercive, certainly, but not violent breaks the will of the last few dissenters and within a scant few months of increased pressure, everyone on the island pays at least nominal service to Coedd with the vast majority being enthusiastic and devout worshippers.

4) Intrigue - Coerce Trading Post (TP1 Region 37)(TN 12 Intrigue 6) Roll SUCCESS!

Meat requires metal. Coedd is able

Though she cares little for the spaceports and economic centres in the islands off Coedd, her mortal worshippers do depend on them for shipments of everything except plants. And, in a rare moment of interest in their well-being (if we view it charitably) Coedd seems willing to aid them. Or, at least that's the conclusion I have come to after the facts. What's certain is that a particularly fast -growing vine started clogging assembly lines in up-Chonkia. Each time they fouled production they were cut back, each time they were cut back they grew again to foul production. While the workers there were, more or less, able to keep them manageable the effort they spent in doing so made doing so counter-productive - what use clear assembly lines when there were no workers to man them. The workers bowed to the all but inevitable and began shipping some of their industrial output to Coedd, whereupon the aggressive growths died back within a few hours.

5) Military - Send 1 unit to aid Eilif Dhaoine in attacking Region 41

Meat welcomes Coedd. Coedd supports.

Outright aggression from Coedd is unheard of, but this is a potentially worrying development. A group of lumbering animated trees follow ocean currents around to left Chonkia where they join Eilif Dhaoine troops in their assault on the Pratibdhists living there. In terms of military action, it was relatively unspectacular - Coedd's troops function as heavy infantry supporting and providing a centre for Dhaoine troops. In terms of precedent, though, it is more. At the moment, Coedd wouldn't be able to wipe animal life from Sansar if it wanted to, but this is the first time that it has actually made any motion in that direction. I suspect this was more a bribe to the Eilif Dhaoine than anything else, but it is a situation that bears watching.

At time of writing I have not heard the results of the battle so it may be that Coedd's "military" force, such as it is, did not survive this encounter. It will be interesting to see if the troops are replaced if they are lost.

Expected Stat Increases Next Turn:
Faith +1, Intrigue +1

Other mechanical notes:

Non-actions

•  The Public's Fickle Eye was briefly drawn to Coedd but it soon becomes clear this was more due to novelty than any widescale recognition of Coedd as a major power. Their confusing conversation and lack of any interest in the opinions of meat mean that the brief high opinion the public holds of them soon fades. (OOC - Voluntarily failing the roll to retain my renown 2)
  • Coedd worshippers in the Arkhive huddle in the grove one evening, speaking in hushed voices and falling silent whenever someone comes near them. The following morning they are gone. Records from the spaceport show them taking an atmospheric craft out without filing a flight plan. Indicative RP-Based Intrigue: 2d6+6

Other

Submission to both the Arkhive and Mytho-Historical Data Gathering

Fanatical Xenophilia, By Mynqvist G, Archivist

As the worshippers of this strange religion have found themselves physically close to Coedd, my suspicion is the religion will not last long and I would be derelict in my duty as an arkhivist if I didn’t note down the particulars of their methods of worship before it is, presumably, wiped from Tekhum.

The Fanatical Xenophilists - Xenophiles to adopt their own demonym - are slightly misnamed in my opinion.  “Neophile” might be better.  The core of their beliefs is that their maker (whom they name “Sansre” - an ancestral memory of Sansar or merely a coincidence?) has given them life in order to experience it and it is thus a moral duty to have new experiences.  Clearly, this begins in their surroundings (blessedly devoid of poisonous fruits as one of the first things done is to sample the various foods available on their island) but as they grow their attention naturally turns outwards and they embrace the traditions, culture and often inhabitants of the residents of Sansar and Tekhum with the fanaticism one might expect from their name.

The most visible religious ceremony is the “yestrip”.  This is expected of every xenophile at least once in their life but many if not most perform it as often as funds, family commitments, etc allow.  The goal here is to travel to a new location - on the islands or otherwise - and partake of every experience available.  It is understood in day to day life that some experiences are not to be experienced - “throwing a newborn baby off a cliff” for example would likely be a new experience for most but is not one to be sought out usually.  On the yestrip, at least in theory, if the opportunity presents itself it should be taken.  In practice, of course, most show at least some restraint even in what is publicly spoken of as an unrestrained orgy of experience.”

The other common religious celebration is the “dovow”.  This is a voluntary pledge taken at the start of various life milestones - coming of age, new jobs, round-number birthdays, ends of romantic relationships, etc.  The pledger makes a public pledge - large sections of the local media are devoted to publicising these - to have new experiences (“I will eat seven types of vegetable I’ve never eaten before”, “I will listen to an Elven song”, etc) within a given timeframe.  How successful and enjoyable this dovow is is viewed as a portent, almost, of how successful the life milestone will be.  The general expectation is that they will report back to family, friends through, nowadays, an ad hoc documentary.

Units: 1
Treasure: 0

Kythia

Kythia

Coedd

All is Coedd

Actions

Coedd's attempts to drive out those who don't worship her have been partially succesful, but not fully so. In particular, it seems to have been counterproductive in the case of many merchants, who have stubbornly refused to leave. Nevertheless, Coedd seems determined and continues to harass those locals she wants rid of with plant incursions.

The military aid Coedd dispatches to aid the armies of Elif Dhaoine prove a more potent recruitment method than anything else Coedd could have tried. Fighting alongside them brings new bodies to the Coedd cult - some out of curiousity, some to pay respects to "colleagues in arms" and frankly some to jeer. But not all leave unchanged and the ranks of the faithful in the reserve are swelled.

The increase in "plant aggression" (although aggression is the wrong word, their work is coercive, certainly, but not violent breaks the will of the last few dissenters and within a scant few months of increased pressure, everyone on the island pays at least nominal service to Coedd with the vast majority being enthusiastic and devout worshippers.

4) Intrigue - Coerce Trading Post (TP1 Region 37)(TN 12 Intrigue 6) Roll SUCCESS!

Though she cares little for the spaceports and economic centres in the islands off Coedd, her mortal worshippers do depend on them for shipments of everything except plants. And, in a rare moment of interest in their well-being (if we view it charitably) Coedd seems willing to aid them. Or, at least that's the conclusion I have come to after the facts. What's certain is that a particularly fast -growing vine started clogging assembly lines in up-Chonkia. Each time they fouled production they were cut back, each time they were cut back they grew again to foul production. While the workers there were, more or less, able to keep them manageable the effort they spent in doing so made doing so counter-productive - what use clear assembly lines when there were no workers to man them. The workers bowed to the all but inevitable and began shipping some of their industrial output to Coedd, whereupon the aggressive growths died back within a few hours.

Outright aggression from Coedd is unheard of, but this is a potentially worrying development. A group of lumbering animated trees follow ocean currents around to left Chonkia where they join Eilif Dhaoine troops in their assault on the Pratibdhists living there. In terms of military action, it was relatively unspectacular - Coedd's troops function as heavy infantry supporting and providing a centre for Dhaoine troops. In terms of precedent, though, it is more. At the moment, Coedd wouldn't be able to wipe animal life from Sansar if it wanted to, but this is the first time that it has actually made any motion in that direction. I suspect this was more a bribe to the Eilif Dhaoine than anything else, but it is a situation that bears watching.

At time of writing I have not heard the results of the battle so it may be that Coedd's "military" force, such as it is, did not survive this encounter. It will be interesting to see if the troops are replaced if they are lost.

Faith +1, Intrigue +1

Other mechanical notes:

Non-actions

•  The Public's Fickle Eye was briefly drawn to Coedd but it soon becomes clear this was more due to novelty than any widescale recognition of Coedd as a major power. Their confusing conversation and lack of any interest in the opinions of meat mean that the brief high opinion the public holds of them soon fades. (OOC - Voluntarily failing the roll to retain my renown 2)

Other

As the worshippers of this strange religion have found themselves physically close to Coedd, my suspicion is the religion will not last long and I would be derelict in my duty as an arkhivist if I didn’t note down the particulars of their methods of worship before it is, presumably, wiped from Tekhum.

The Fanatical Xenophilists - Xenophiles to adopt their own demonym - are slightly misnamed in my opinion.  “Neophile” might be better.  The core of their beliefs is that their maker (whom they name “Sansre” - an ancestral memory of Sansar or merely a coincidence?) has given them life in order to experience it and it is thus a moral duty to have new experiences.  Clearly, this begins in their surroundings (blessedly devoid of poisonous fruits as one of the first things done is to sample the various foods available on their island) but as they grow their attention naturally turns outwards and they embrace the traditions, culture and often inhabitants of the residents of Sansar and Tekhum with the fanaticism one might expect from their name.

The most visible religious ceremony is the “yestrip”.  This is expected of every xenophile at least once in their life but many if not most perform it as often as funds, family commitments, etc allow.  The goal here is to travel to a new location - on the islands or otherwise - and partake of every experience available.  It is understood in day to day life that some experiences are not to be experienced - “throwing a newborn baby off a cliff” for example would likely be a new experience for most but is not one to be sought out usually.  On the yestrip, at least in theory, if the opportunity presents itself it should be taken.  In practice, of course, most show at least some restraint even in what is publicly spoken of as an unrestrained orgy of experience.”

The other common religious celebration is the “dovow”.  This is a voluntary pledge taken at the start of various life milestones - coming of age, new jobs, round-number birthdays, ends of romantic relationships, etc.  The pledger makes a public pledge - large sections of the local media are devoted to publicising these - to have new experiences (“I will eat seven types of vegetable I’ve never eaten before”, “I will listen to an Elven song”, etc) within a given timeframe.  How successful and enjoyable this dovow is is viewed as a portent, almost, of how successful the life milestone will be.  The general expectation is that they will report back to family, friends through, nowadays, an ad hoc documentary.

Kythia

Kythia

Coedd

All is Coedd

Actions

From the personal notes of Garrick Mynqvist, ArkHivist...unfinished

Faith +1, Intrigue +1

Other mechanical notes:

Non-actions

Other

Kythia

Kythia

Coedd

All is Coedd

Actions

Outright aggression from Coedd is unheard of, but this is a potentially worrying development. A group of lumbering animated trees follow ocean currents around to left Chonkia where they join Eilif Dhaoine troops in their assault on the Pratibdhists living there. In terms of military action, it was relatively unspectacular - Coedd's troops function as heavy infantry supporting and providing a centre for Dhaoine troops. In terms of precedent, though, it is more. At the moment, Coedd wouldn't be able to wipe animal life from Sansar if it...

Faith +1, Intrigue +1

Other mechanical notes:

Non-actions

Other

Kythia

Kythia

Coedd

All is Coedd

Actions

Outright aggression from Coedd is unheard of, but this is a potentially worrying development. A group of lumbering animated trees follow ocean currents around to left Chonkia where they join Eilif Dhaoine troops...

Faith +1, Intrigue +1

Other mechanical notes:

Non-actions

Other

Kythia

Kythia

Coedd

All is Coedd

Actions

Outright aggression from Coedd is unheard of, but this is a potentially worrying development. A group of lumbering animated trees follow ocean currents around to left Chonkia where they join Eilif Dhaoine troops...

Faith +1, Intrigue +1

Other mechanical notes:

Non-actions

Other

Kythia

Kythia

Coedd

All is Coedd

Actions

Faith +1, Intrigue +1

Other mechanical notes:

Non-actions

Other

Kythia

Kythia

Coedd

All is Coedd

Actions

Conversion of 25: 2d6+8

5) Secretly Press Claim? Convert Somewhere? Set a spy?

Faith +1, Intrigue +1

Other mechanical notes:

Non-actions

• Attend the Festival of Ability

Other

Kythia

Kythia

Coedd

All is Coedd

Actions

2) Faith - Convert Region 34

Faith +1, Intrigue +1

Other mechanical notes:

Non-actions

Other

Kythia

Kythia

Coedd

All is Coedd

Actions

2) Faith - Convert Region 34

3) Intrigue - Inquisition TN12, 2d6+7 (TN 12, Intrigue 6, Aid 1)Roll SUCCESS!

Faith +1, Intrigue +1

Other mechanical notes:

Non-actions

Other