Capital: Al-Miraiya (region 88)

Society Consul Hanyeo

(llort, they/them)

Diplomacy: 9

Military: 4

Economy: 9

Faith: 6

Intrigue: 4

(Expected gains from this round to next round: +1 Dip, +1 Econ.)

(Heir: Dip 4+2, Mil 1+1, Econ 3+2, Faith 4+1, Intr 3+1)

Actions:

1. [Faith] - Convert Verdalfheim (region 36) to have a Plurality of Imperial Cult (13, Success!)

• +6 Faith, -1 distance penalty (Embassy on Sansar), +2 support from ALF.

• Flightmaster Pako continues leading the local imperial education into the practices of the cult. Theology walks hand in hand with science in Verdalfheim as Pako works with the local druids.

2. [Diplomacy] - Grey Eminence Hanyeo's Imperial Advisor grants +2 to Conversion

• After there are some misunderstandings between the llort and the populace of Verdalfheim, Hanyeo dons the grey mantle and seeks advice from the Imperial Advisor. With direct guidance from them, a close link to the Emperor himself, the conversions to the Imperial Cult are guided by a mightier hand. Perhaps it is for this reason that the elves come to know the Emperor's power all the better, and thus more accepting of it?

3. [Diplomacy] - Establish Claim on Et Cetera HQ (region 91) through marriage with Society Consul Hanyeo's youngest son, Prince Bandayo (18, Success!)

• Speaking to their long-time neighbours, the Society makes more overt overtures to establishing diplomatic ties with the undead. Much maligned in ancient literature, it seems the llort have a kindred spirit in them in some form, with both being desiring of economic prosperity and knowledge.

4. [Economy] - Buyout Trading Post 3 in Region 6 (14, Success!)

• Trade deals with the Biarbu make way for lucrative future profits for both parties.

5. [Economy 5 Special] - Establish Trade Route with WTP

• The people of the Society have appreciated their past conversations on politics and economics with the White Pawns. Some closer bonds with the native Sansarite Imperial Cultists is always good.

Non-Actions:

• Host an Event! The Llort Society Protectorate offers its Event-hosting services to any other Electors who wish to host an Event in their country, but who do not currently have the time, energy or money to spend on it.

• Host the Mekhala-Veehra Dash! Invitations go out to racers all across Tekhum, but especially those on Veehra.

• Those who have been invited to E.A.T. are invited to the Mekhala-Veehra Dash to formally join it! They may also action this at the Grand Opening of the Golden Phoenix.

• Gift the Pseudogravity Engineering, Shrewd Business and Wet Navy Ships technologies to CUS, DIC, SEV and TEA

• Gift the Badalian Megadirigibles technology to DIC

• Receive Thaumonuclear Reactor Core technology from HOB

• Attend the Grand Opening of the Golden Phoenix

• Resist & Hinder any Conversions that would reduce the Imperial Cult to less than a Majority in Region 88 (-2).

• Resist all buyouts of Trade Post 1 in region 88 (-2)

• Supply the Arkhive with the LSP's Spacer's Cabbage (for compostables DI) through the Embassy functioning as a Trade Route

• Donations to the Arkhive (through our Embassy)

Donations to the Arkhive and Imperial Court

Donate a cultural work to the Arkhive and the Imperial Court: The Emperor's Lonely Ballad. It is a song that many children are taught about and is allegedly the song that the Emperor sung to coax and guide the llort from the reaches of deep space to come to Tekhum. The "ballad" is part of a much larger oeuvre of songs about that event, some very positive in mood, others more sad. One section goes:

Why do you live beyond the Wall?

My children, my children...

That Wall of rocks all floating tall

Why do we live beyond the Wall?

The wall keeps us from humanity

And we keep from humanity

By building walls

By building walls

We built the wall for you and me

How can I reach beyond the Wall?

Where space is deep and silence calls

How can you reach beyond the Wall?

By flying fast and standing tall

With magic ties through space we fly, through space and lies

You breach the wall

You breach the wall, you breach the wall

You breach the wall for you and me

What must you do beyond the Wall?

Of blackness vast and minds in thrall

What must we do beyond the Wall?

We must safeguard the deep enthralled

In blackness vast we are alone

We all are one and we are all

All alone, alone and all

And so our minds must stay in thrall

Whom do you serve beyond the Wall?

Come serve me, let freedoms fall

Whom do we serve beyond the Wall?

We serve all humanity

Freedom naught, but serving all

All is service, so we fall

And so we fall and so we fall

We'll come to serve and so we'll fall

When will you come from beyond the Wall?

To be at mine own beck and call

When will we come beyond the Wall?

We cannot come, unless you call

But you have called, yes, you have called

We will it not, but we'll serve all

Serving all, yes, serving all

Humanity's own beck and call

Where will you go if not here at all?

You shall stay to bear my pall

Bearing palls, we'll bear your pall

Where will we go if not there at all?

We'll serve them all, we serve them all

Our message is to serve at all

Flying tall, through space in thrall, as freedom falls, but so you've called, serving all and bearing palls

We have come onto your Wall

Donate a historical work to the Arkhive and the Imperial Court: Two Million Years of Human Evolution. A work that describes how llort differ from "standard" humans (a term the author goes into great lengths of to describe how racist and discriminatory that terminology is) and how they (supposedly) evolved over the past two million years in the depths of space. It describes all the adaptations the human body can undergo depending on evolutionary pressures of different environments and how those explain the llort physiology.

Donate a philosophical work to the Arkhive and the Imperial Court: The 69 Laws of Power. An examination of power structures, how they come to be, the consent of those therein, the need for those structures, and the applicability of any of such rules adapted for use in people's personal lives. It has been widely criticized for its stances and its conflation of different types of relationships and structures with one another.

Llort Society member Feyik Nooboos (human, he/him), who brings these works to the Arkhive, joins the Arkhive. Their noteworthy accomplishments include co-authoring The 69 Laws of Power and claiming to co-author Two Million Years of Human Evolution. (Feyik Nooboos was removed from the original research team involved in the creation of the work for their extremist views.) Before joining the Arkhive, he hosted a children's educational programme and was hoping to gain sponsors with Holly Heliotrope and Snake News.

• Coronal Catalogue of Duelists: The most famous duelists within the history of the Llort Society Protectorate are Tayelon, Ambilin and Bel Malanagoliyus. The Malanagoliyus family line is a rare example among the llort of a family name becoming prominent enough to be adopted and kept by blood relatives after they've grown up and left their wing families.

There are a few fighting styles that are prominent among dueling enthusiasts, most prominent of which are the ancient human Elna style combining sword-fighting and wrestling, and the llort style of Edesol Tayilis that involves wielding multiple weapons, including one attached to the prehensile tail.

The most famous duel was between Bel Malanagoliyus, a massive llort and master of the Elna style, and Prince Hanyeo, a master of the Edesol Tayilis style. The winner of the duel is the subject of much debate, as Bel Malanagoliyus died when an asteroid hit them shortly after striking down Hanyeo. Hanyeo managed to get away just in time.

The rest of the LSP contribution to the catalogue of duelists contains notes on some sporting events like the now-infamous Bloodsports.

• The People Want Action: The Corvee Labor of region 70 should be abolished. The main issue with the resource of this region it is a form of forced labor. If the element of force is removed from it and the laborers employed, this would resolve the main issue. The Sorcerers of New Kildora, as owners of this region, should be included in the processes of reformation. After all, if the Sorcerers do not cooperate, what hope is there for truly effective rebuilding?

The local power structures and source of the force of the labor should be examined and removed through legal reform. Anyone who was born into this system should be freed without further recourse, for they had no chance to begin with. Anyone who came under this system during life should have their contracts bought out. All such laborers should be given a minimum adequate housing if they do not possess such already, and be given a small stipend to tide them over until they can acquire humane and paying jobs.

In the meantime, the region should see investment (possibly foreign investment) to assist in the discovery and development of new resources. This should grant the region also plenty of opportunity for economic growth and places to have the laborers acquire new jobs.

• Grey Eminence duties: Society Consul Hanyeo ventures into the depths of the Imperial Senate...

News and Rumours:

• The Llort Society Protectorate denounces the attack of the Black Cloud Coalition on the Illumined Utopian. Their statement of "enslavement is forbidden" in the face of this unprovoked attack appears entirely baseless, as the Illumined Utopian--by all accounts--has no slaves within their society. Even the seemingly tacit endorsement of the practice by a single Jy'mar priest appears to be a most tenuous connection for a Casus Belli.
  • The Helios Hospice ends up legally banned from the planetoids and space under the Protectorate's purview. The corporate medic's disclaiming of responsibility for their own actions including "deaths, injuries, or other abnormalities occurring during or after their operations" and going so far as to state "all gathered cadavers are property of Helios Hospice" are legally and morally suspect.

Mechanics notes

Stored in my country thread over here.

Charter to E.A.T.

EmBark

EmBark

The Llort Society Protectorate

Round 6, Standard Years 2049-2051 of the 99,803rd Era of the Imperial Calendar

image.png.b7ccb57a2568a7742dd621894d9c7dbd.png

Society Consul Hanyeo

(llort, they/them)

Actions:

1. [Faith] - Convert Verdalfheim (region 36) to have a Plurality of Imperial Cult (13, Success!)

• Flightmaster Pako continues leading the local imperial education into the practices of the cult. Theology walks hand in hand with science in Verdalfheim as Pako works with the local druids.

2. [Diplomacy] - Grey Eminence Hanyeo's Imperial Advisor grants +2 to Conversion

• After there are some misunderstandings between the llort and the populace of Verdalfheim, Hanyeo dons the grey mantle and seeks advice from the Imperial Advisor. With direct guidance from them, a close link to the Emperor himself, the conversions to the Imperial Cult are guided by a mightier hand. Perhaps it is for this reason that the elves come to know the Emperor's power all the better, and thus more accepting of it?

3. [Diplomacy] - Establish Claim on Et Cetera HQ (region 91) through marriage with Society Consul Hanyeo's youngest son, Prince Bandayo (18, Success!)

• Speaking to their long-time neighbours, the Society makes more overt overtures to establishing diplomatic ties with the undead. Much maligned in ancient literature, it seems the llort have a kindred spirit in them in some form, with both being desiring of economic prosperity and knowledge.

• Trade deals with the Biarbu make way for lucrative future profits for both parties.

• The people of the Society have appreciated their past conversations on politics and economics with the White Pawns. Some closer bonds with the native Sansarite Imperial Cultists is always good.

Non-Actions:

• Host an Event! The Llort Society Protectorate offers its Event-hosting services to any other Electors who wish to host an Event in their country, but who do not currently have the time, energy or money to spend on it.

• Host the Mekhala-Veehra Dash! Invitations go out to racers all across Tekhum, but especially those on Veehra.

• Those who have been invited to E.A.T. are invited to the Mekhala-Veehra Dash to formally join it! They may also action this at the Grand Opening of the Golden Phoenix.

• Gift the Pseudogravity Engineering, Shrewd Business and Wet Navy Ships technologies to CUS, DIC, SEV and TEA

• Resist & Hinder any Conversions that would reduce the Imperial Cult to less than a Majority in Region 88 (-2).

• Supply the Arkhive with the LSP's Spacer's Cabbage (for compostables DI) through the Embassy functioning as a Trade Route

Donate a cultural work to the Arkhive and the Imperial Court: The Emperor's Lonely Ballad. It is a song that many children are taught about and is allegedly the song that the Emperor sung to coax and guide the llort from the reaches of deep space to come to Tekhum. The "ballad" is part of a much larger oeuvre of songs about that event, some very positive in mood, others more sad. One section goes:

By building walls

By building walls

You breach the wall

In blackness vast we are alone

We all are one and we are all

All alone, alone and all

We serve all humanity

When will we come beyond the Wall?

We'll serve them all, we serve them all

Flying tall, through space in thrall, as freedom falls, but so you've called, serving all and bearing palls

Donate a historical work to the Arkhive and the Imperial Court: Two Million Years of Human Evolution. A work that describes how llort differ from "standard" humans (a term the author goes into great lengths of to describe how racist and discriminatory that terminology is) and how they (supposedly) evolved over the past two million years in the depths of space. It describes all the adaptations the human body can undergo depending on evolutionary pressures of different environments and how those explain the llort physiology.

Donate a philosophical work to the Arkhive and the Imperial Court: The 69 Laws of Power. An examination of power structures, how they come to be, the consent of those therein, the need for those structures, and the applicability of any of such rules adapted for use in people's personal lives. It has been widely criticized for its stances and its conflation of different types of relationships and structures with one another.

Llort Society member Feyik Nooboos (human, he/him), who brings these works to the Arkhive, joins the Arkhive. Their noteworthy accomplishments include co-authoring The 69 Laws of Power and claiming to co-author Two Million Years of Human Evolution. (Feyik Nooboos was removed from the original research team involved in the creation of the work for their extremist views.) Before joining the Arkhive, he hosted a children's educational programme and was hoping to gain sponsors with Holly Heliotrope and Snake News.

• Coronal Catalogue of Duelists: The most famous duelists within the history of the Llort Society Protectorate are Tayelon, Ambilin and Bel Malanagoliyus. The Malanagoliyus family line is a rare example among the llort of a family name becoming prominent enough to be adopted and kept by blood relatives after they've grown up and left their wing families.

There are a few fighting styles that are prominent among dueling enthusiasts, most prominent of which are the ancient human Elna style combining sword-fighting and wrestling, and the llort style of Edesol Tayilis that involves wielding multiple weapons, including one attached to the prehensile tail.

The most famous duel was between Bel Malanagoliyus, a massive llort and master of the Elna style, and Prince Hanyeo, a master of the Edesol Tayilis style. The winner of the duel is the subject of much debate, as Bel Malanagoliyus died when an asteroid hit them shortly after striking down Hanyeo. Hanyeo managed to get away just in time.

The rest of the LSP contribution to the catalogue of duelists contains notes on some sporting events like the now-infamous Bloodsports.

• The People Want Action: The Corvee Labor of region 70 should be abolished. The main issue with the resource of this region it is a form of forced labor. If the element of force is removed from it and the laborers employed, this would resolve the main issue. The Sorcerers of New Kildora, as owners of this region, should be included in the processes of reformation. After all, if the Sorcerers do not cooperate, what hope is there for truly effective rebuilding?

The local power structures and source of the force of the labor should be examined and removed through legal reform. Anyone who was born into this system should be freed without further recourse, for they had no chance to begin with. Anyone who came under this system during life should have their contracts bought out. All such laborers should be given a minimum adequate housing if they do not possess such already, and be given a small stipend to tide them over until they can acquire humane and paying jobs.

In the meantime, the region should see investment (possibly foreign investment) to assist in the discovery and development of new resources. This should grant the region also plenty of opportunity for economic growth and places to have the laborers acquire new jobs.

• Grey Eminence duties: Society Consul Hanyeo ventures into the depths of the Imperial Senate...

News and Rumours:

• The Llort Society Protectorate denounces the attack of the Black Cloud Coalition on the Illumined Utopian. Their statement of "enslavement is forbidden" in the face of this unprovoked attack appears entirely baseless, as the Illumined Utopian--by all accounts--has no slaves within their society. Even the seemingly tacit endorsement of the practice by a single Jy'mar priest appears to be a most tenuous connection for a Casus Belli.
  • The Helios Hospice ends up legally banned from the planetoids and space under the Protectorate's purview. The corporate medic's disclaiming of responsibility for their own actions including "deaths, injuries, or other abnormalities occurring during or after their operations" and going so far as to state "all gathered cadavers are property of Helios Hospice" are legally and morally suspect.

Mechanics notes

Charter to E.A.T.

EmBark

EmBark

Society Consul Hanyeo

(llort, they/them)

Actions:

Non-Actions:

By building walls

By building walls

You breach the wall

In blackness vast we're all alone and we are all

We all are one and all alone

All alone, alone and all

We serve all humanity

When will we come from beyond the Wall?

We serve'll them all, we serve them all

News and Rumours:

Mechanics notes

Charter to E.A.T.

EmBark

EmBark

Society Consul Hanyeo

(llort, they/them)

Actions:

Non-Actions:

Donations to the Arkhive

By building walls

By building walls

You breach the wall

In blackness vast we're all alone and we are all

We all are one and all alone

All alone, alone and all

We serve all humanity

When will we come from beyond the Wall?

We serve'll them all, we serve them all

News and Rumours:

Mechanics notes

Charter to E.A.T.

EmBark

EmBark

Society Consul Hanyeo

(llort, they/them)

Actions:

Non-Actions:

Donations to the Arkhive

Donate a cultural work to the Arkhive and the Imperial Court: The Emperor's Lovelorn Ballad. It is a song that many children are taught about and is allegedly the song that the Emperor sung to coax and guide the llort from the reaches of deep space to come to Tekhum. The "ballad" is part of a much larger oeuvre of songs about that event, some very positive in mood, others more sad. One section goes:

News and Rumours:

Mechanics notes

Charter to E.A.T.

EmBark

EmBark

Society Consul Hanyeo

(llort, they/them)

Actions:

Non-Actions:

Donations to the Arkhive

Donate a cultural work to the Arkhive and the Imperial Court: The Emperor's Lovelorn Ballad. It is a song that many children are taught about and is allegedly the song that the Emperor sung to coax and guide the llort from the reaches of deep space to come to Tekhum. The "ballad" is part of a much larger oeuvre of songs about that event, some very positive in mood, others more sad. One section goes:

News and Rumours:

•  

Mechanics notes

Charter to E.A.T.

EmBark

EmBark

Society Consul Hanyeo

(llort, they/them)

Actions:

Non-Actions:

Donations to the Arkhive

• Coronal Catalogue of Duelists: [describe your duelists and famous bouts]

• The People Want Action: [describe a plan to demolish then rebuild the economy of region 70]

News and Rumours:

•  

Mechanics notes

Charter to E.A.T.

EmBark

EmBark

Society Consul Hanyeo

(llort, they/them)

Actions:

3. [Diplomacy] - Establish Claim on Et Cetera HQ (region 91) through marriage with Society Consul Hanyeo's youngest son, Prince Bandayo (???)

•  

Non-Actions:

Donations to the Arkhive

Donate a cultural work to the Arkhive and the Imperial Court:

Donate a historical work to the Arkhive and the Imperial Court:

Donate a philosophical work to the Arkhive and the Imperial Court:

Llort Society member _____ (human/llort, pronouns), who brings these works to the Arkhive, joins the Arkhive. Their noteworthy accomplishments include _____.

• The People Want Action: [describe a plan to demolish then rebuild the economy of region 70]

News and Rumours:

•  

Mechanics notes

Charter to E.A.T.

EmBark

EmBark

Society Consul Hanyeo

(llort, they/them)

Actions:

3. [Diplomacy] -

•  

•  

Non-Actions:

Donations to the Arkhive

Llort Society member _____ (human/llort, pronouns), who brings these works to the Arkhive, joins the Arkhive. Their noteworthy accomplishments include _____.

News and Rumours:

•  

Mechanics notes

Charter to E.A.T.

EmBark

EmBark

Society Consul Hanyeo

(llort, they/them)

Actions:

1. [Faith] - Convert Verdalfheim (region 36) to have a Plurality of Imperial Cult

2. [Economy] - Buyout Trading Post 3 in Region 6 (14, Success!)

•  

3. [Economy 5 Special] - Establish Trade Route with WTP

4. [Diplomacy] -

•  

5. [Diplomacy] -

• The Emperor has the cleanest boots you have ever seen and you're starting to wonder why.

Non-Actions:

Donations to the Arkhive

News and Rumours:

•  

Mechanics notes

Charter to E.A.T.