Edit History

I'll also be tacking in a writeup for region 37 specifically. Technically I'm pretty sure the GMs would give me leeway in writing up a region I just acquired. Practically, I think it'd be better if I had a first draft up at minimum. Also, if Moos wants to comment or suggest things for creative direction given the entire 'alfheim' project, feel more than free to.

(Some segments not done (geography, resources), I can feel my brain melting, and I'm putting this on pause before I mess it up by trying to force the rest. Honestly this itself might even be enough.)

(After some time to refresh and take a second touch up, might be worth taking a first pass. I'll also ping moos here for commentary, though not sure that works in an edit post. Ideas might change slightly or significantly based on further input. Resource still needs to be done, but currently too low on creative energy to do that and I don't want to force it.)

Region 37 - Gloria (aka Glorialfheim)

History/Government

In past times, the magic pouring over the mountains from the west has given some traits to the elves living here, as well as humans that have fled over to integrate, as well as mutating some of the elves that stayed too close to these hills. For a good long while there were fights and clashes over who could own what territories, many different pushes of this and that clan, most of which are now lost to memory. In the end, what remains is a relatively mixed bag of peoples that have a good amount of high quality lifestyle due to having been home to the Basu Rahaman Congolmerate Holdings and the uptick of overall quality brought by the rise of the Elect, but who have been mostly left to their own devices for the majority of their time. Despite their proximity to what is in short referred to as the BRG, they managed to only somewhat absorb media consumption culture into their lifestyles.

Then they saw invasion by the Jy'mar, and again from the Glorious Purifiers, and might yet again have an attempt to be brought into Greater Alfheim. The repeated wars and leveling of structures within the lands has left quite a lot in need of being rebuilt. It has, on the other hand, provided for fantastic stories, which has caused the people to be surprisingly more okay with it than they otherwise might be. Both because the sensationalism the Basu-Rahmans instill favors it and because their own methods of collecting and revering these epic events plays into it. They are living in a time of great change, one that if it causes sufficient change might get marked down as the biggest event in history since the Bombardments.

The denizens of the region once had different varying names for this place, although they have had occasional trade with 'those sorcerers up on the mountains to the west', in the general region called Gloria. The term Gloria has recently been expanded to cover the whole terrain as Zelfs and Moonmen pull in the vast fabrics of government into a cohesive organized whole. Elfen citizens often refer to the region as 'Glorialfheim', and are still forming a new identity. The governance of the Moonmen is quite a bit of live and let live, and aside from all the disappearances of the wars and increased magic shenanigans, as well as the increasing creep of magic slowly pouring over the region down like a river, things are surprisingly okay. Zelfs find themselves near the head of the societal positions, although never strictly at the head, sufficing to guide the current systems through culture rather than brute force.

Geography

Mountains sharpening the corners like the region being sandwiched between them, and a relatively low to the ground plains structure otherwise. Composed in good part of solar panels and cropland and wild claims, one might think this area is extremely underdeveoped. One would be correct, for the above ground is where a lot of the society lives and cherishes its life, but the underground is where the work is done. Tunnels honeycomb through the region, each building on the surface connecting to a far broader set of technology underneath. This is a comparatively new work, only happening within the last two hundred years, meaning some of the elves alive still remember before this process had become underway.

The plants of Sansar are encouraged by the new rulership of Glorious Purifiers to grow, and have synthesized into the solar batteries. There are specific roads cut out but abundance is clear in the above world, in contrast to the machinery down below where the gears turn. Titania has helped on the lower side, springing the machines to life and digging out an extra floor of basement to make room for all the new production and people imported. The almost living plant like gears and chains make the bottom a true mirror of what is up above, albeit cast into different colors and different lighting.

The buildings that were once home to the Basu-Rahman are utterly leveled, eaten from the inside out by hamster like termites with an alarming efficiency. They have since been reconstructed, but resemble their former selves in at most a few aestetic purposes. This location and a wide swath around is where Helios Hospice has set up shop. Taking in refugees from all around Tekhum and helping them find new homes as well as scavenging for food, especially those from the giant clash in Mraza in the same years of its founding.

HeliosHospital.png.73846aa080254f6ca4f35c4701cd2486.png

There is also the assembly line robots, which do not quite seem sapient, but at least seem to have an awareness of things and turn towards thermal heat from below in a similar way as plants would turn towards the sunlight above. Perhaps permanent, perhaps granted by the magic used to forge, perhaps in connection to their origin. Construction down to the core in a few places is drilled, filling the bottom-most area up with lava tubes and glow. The assembly serves more function than merely to be sold, now, it provides its own ecosystem.

People

Elvenkind has always held a significant presence on Sansar, though divided into numerous different ethnic groups. Compared to the average human, the average elf possesses more angular features and pointed ears; beyond this, the physical difference is minimal. Stereotypes about their long lifespans hold some degree of truth, for the average elf can stave off the ravages of aging for longer, but the end result is usually just an extra century of life. The ethnic group of elves making up the midpoint of Chonkia are deemed "Solalfr", and their skin tone varies from bone ivory (though never quite albino) to bronzed to bright orange, sometimes a deep red color. This is a genetic trait that can vary from elf to elf, some keep the same skin tone all their lives, some darken in tone in a similar way as some humans born with blonde hair have their hair shade to auburn, and some have their skin tone change when exposed to or withdrawn from intense sources of light in a similar way as one might expect from transition sunglasses.

Some measure of the elves here have been affected by the spillover of magic over the mountains from the west, and there is a mix of reverence and concern over the fallout. A splinter group that makes up an ethnic minority, probably about 2% of the population, Soltaurs, hold up in the western area near the mountains. When a human imagines a centaur they think of a man and a horse, but these are more like the union of an Elf and a Mountain Goat. Having weaker but more nimble bodies like deer, with quite strong muscles and balance capacities to traverse difficult terrain. Their skin is largely similar, although one can find at least a couple variants of Grigialfr, Lillalfr, and even Verdalfr, although the entire group is generally referred to as Soltaurs.

There is also within the strains of these elves some human blood floating around, from a time long before when a significant number of humans fled and immigrated over into the region right at the War Of Bombardments. Solalfir therefore tend to on average have less angular features and elf distinguishing traits than other elf kin, although the presence of purebred native humans has dwindled down to essentially nothing over the course of two thousand years of crossbreeding.

Religion

Centauriism itself is a religion that takes hold over the region in the belief that some aspects of magic are good and focuses a good chunk on astrology. Especially from the highest heights of the mountains to view the stars from, and especially proposed by Soltaur culture from those that have since spread throughout the region. Star gazing has made its way into the culture as a means to tell the future, as mild magic is part of most elves touched here for light diviniation. The religion itself is partly a proponent of warfare tales from long past, and has integrated with the tales from below and above to establish itself as a unique culture and part of the region that reinterprets those events through its own lens. The big legend of meteors and lasers that come crashing down as both a blessing and a curse packaged in one is related to the bombardment wars, and has in recent times proven to be a herald of huge things to come.

Their religion is tinted by the Basu-Rahamans, even after their influence itself has waned with the destruction of their base. A focus on sensationalism and wonder is present, although the Basu Rahmans have always been considerate to in the place of these people tint their advertising and integration into the culture with soft respect and mysticism.

Resource

Resource: Assembly Line Robots (Industrial Machinery) (Ores or Fuel probably make sense for a secondary resource?)
Desired Import: Arts and Cultural Products

Recently, more people coming to the region have both enabled it to produce more, and to have a desperation. Even from the original aftermath of the war refugees have had a history of coming into Gloria and making a home, and while their general needs are taken care of they primarily still need a measure of entertainment. Art, culture, refinement to soothe and cultivate their radical viewpoints. For those that choose to stay, anyway. More begets more, and as they advertise what they've made, the people that come in learn to expect the finest arts, and to squint their eyes if it goes missing.

The Assembly Line Robots, once merely a part of the system and their own shipment, now become active within the region itself. Increased productivity and inflow of labor allows the geonosis like undertunnels of the region that were their home to put them to use. It helps mine and tap into wells within the walls for machines to test drive them at first, and then after resources are discovered to use that industrial line to farm them from the walls en masse. Digging deeper into the region provides more room too, and a population that settles into those depths.

Connection from Gloria to the Moonsoul Mountains makes the Industrial Machinery feel almost alive in these tasks, able to guide the workers towards deposits while siphoning a small degree of the benefits for itself. Any such awareness or extra efficiency gets lost upon being disconnected from the regions whole and sale, however.

I'll also be tacking in a writeup for region 37 specifically. Technically I'm pretty sure the GMs would give me leeway in writing up a region I just acquired. Practically, I think it'd be better if I had a first draft up at minimum. Also, if Moos wants to comment or suggest things for creative direction given the entire 'alfheim' project, feel more than free to.

(Some segments not done (geography, resources), I can feel my brain melting, and I'm putting this on pause before I mess it up by trying to force the rest. Honestly this itself might even be enough.)

(After some time to refresh and take a second touch up, might be worth taking a first pass. I'll also ping moos here for commentary, though not sure that works in an edit post. Ideas might change slightly or significantly based on further input. Resource still needs to be done, but currently too low on creative energy to do that and I don't want to force it.)

History/Government

In past times, the magic pouring over the mountains from the west has given some traits to the elves living here, as well as humans that have fled over to integrate, as well as mutating some of the elves that stayed too close to these hills. For a good long while there were fights and clashes over who could own what territories, many different pushes of this and that clan, most of which are now lost to memory. In the end, what remains is a relatively mixed bag of peoples that have a good amount of high quality lifestyle due to having been home to the Basu Rahaman Congolmerate Holdings and the uptick of overall quality brought by the rise of the Elect, but who have been mostly left to their own devices for the majority of their time. Despite their proximity to what is in short referred to as the BRG, they managed to only somewhat absorb media consumption culture into their lifestyles.

Then they saw invasion by the Jy'mar, and again from the Glorious Purifiers, and might yet again have an attempt to be brought into Greater Alfheim. The repeated wars and leveling of structures within the lands has left quite a lot in need of being rebuilt. It has, on the other hand, provided for fantastic stories, which has caused the people to be surprisingly more okay with it than they otherwise might be. Both because the sensationalism the Basu-Rahmans instill favors it and because their own methods of collecting and revering these epic events plays into it. They are living in a time of great change, one that if it causes sufficient change might get marked down as the biggest event in history since the Bombardments.

The denizens of the region once had different varying names for this place, although they have had occasional trade with 'those sorcerers up on the mountains to the west', in the general region called Gloria. The term Gloria has recently been expanded to cover the whole terrain as Zelfs and Moonmen pull in the vast fabrics of government into a cohesive organized whole. Elfen citizens often refer to the region as 'Glorialfheim', and are still forming a new identity. The governance of the Moonmen is quite a bit of live and let live, and aside from all the disappearances of the wars and increased magic shenanigans, as well as the increasing creep of magic slowly pouring over the region down like a river, things are surprisingly okay. Zelfs find themselves near the head of the societal positions, although never strictly at the head, sufficing to guide the current systems through culture rather than brute force.

Geography

Mountains sharpening the corners like the region being sandwiched between them, and a relatively low to the ground plains structure otherwise. Composed in good part of solar panels and cropland and wild claims, one might think this area is extremely underdeveoped. One would be correct, for the above ground is where a lot of the society lives and cherishes its life, but the underground is where the work is done. Tunnels honeycomb through the region, each building on the surface connecting to a far broader set of technology underneath. This is a comparatively new work, only happening within the last two hundred years, meaning some of the elves alive still remember before this process had become underway.

The plants of Sansar are encouraged by the new rulership of Glorious Purifiers to grow, and have synthesized into the solar batteries. There are specific roads cut out but abundance is clear in the above world, in contrast to the machinery down below where the gears turn. Titania has helped on the lower side, springing the machines to life and digging out an extra floor of basement to make room for all the new production and people imported. The almost living plant like gears and chains make the bottom a true mirror of what is up above, albeit cast into different colors and different lighting.

The buildings that were once home to the Basu-Rahman are utterly leveled, eaten from the inside out by hamster like termites with an alarming efficiency. They have since been reconstructed, but resemble their former selves in at most a few aestetic purposes. This location and a wide swath around is where Helios Hospice has set up shop. Taking in refugees from all around Tekhum and helping them find new homes as well as scavenging for food, especially those from the giant clash in Mraza in the same years of its founding.

People

Elvenkind has always held a significant presence on Sansar, though divided into numerous different ethnic groups. Compared to the average human, the average elf possesses more angular features and pointed ears; beyond this, the physical difference is minimal. Stereotypes about their long lifespans hold some degree of truth, for the average elf can stave off the ravages of aging for longer, but the end result is usually just an extra century of life. The ethnic group of elves making up the midpoint of Chonkia are deemed "Solalfr", and their skin tone varies from bone ivory (though never quite albino) to bronzed to bright orange, sometimes a deep red color. This is a genetic trait that can vary from elf to elf, some keep the same skin tone all their lives, some darken in tone in a similar way as some humans born with blonde hair have their hair shade to auburn, and some have their skin tone change when exposed to or withdrawn from intense sources of light in a similar way as one might expect from transition sunglasses.

Some measure of the elves here have been affected by the spillover of magic over the mountains from the west, and there is a mix of reverence and concern over the fallout. A splinter group that makes up an ethnic minority, probably about 2% of the population, Soltaurs, hold up in the western area near the mountains. When a human imagines a centaur they think of a man and a horse, but these are more like the union of an Elf and a Mountain Goat. Having weaker but more nimble bodies like deer, with quite strong muscles and balance capacities to traverse difficult terrain. Their skin is largely similar, although one can find at least a couple variants of Grigialfr, Lillalfr, and even Verdalfr, although the entire group is generally referred to as Soltaurs.

There is also within the strains of these elves some human blood floating around, from a time long before when a significant number of humans fled and immigrated over into the region right at the War Of Bombardments. Solalfir therefore tend to on average have less angular features and elf distinguishing traits than other elf kin, although the presence of purebred native humans has dwindled down to essentially nothing over the course of two thousand years of crossbreeding.

Religion

Centauriism itself is a religion that takes hold over the region in the belief that some aspects of magic are good and focuses a good chunk on astrology. Especially from the highest heights of the mountains to view the stars from, and especially proposed by Soltaur culture from those that have since spread throughout the region. Star gazing has made its way into the culture as a means to tell the future, as mild magic is part of most elves touched here for light diviniation. The religion itself is partly a proponent of warfare tales from long past, and has integrated with the tales from below and above to establish itself as a unique culture and part of the region that reinterprets those events through its own lens. The big legend of meteors and lasers that come crashing down as both a blessing and a curse packaged in one is related to the bombardment wars, and has in recent times proven to be a herald of huge things to come.

Their religion is tinted by the Basu-Rahamans, even after their influence itself has waned with the destruction of their base. A focus on sensationalism and wonder is present, although the Basu Rahmans have always been considerate to in the place of these people tint their advertising and integration into the culture with soft respect and mysticism.

Resource

Resource: Assembly Line Robots (Industrial Machinery) (something else?)

Recently, more people coming to the region have both enabled it to produce more, and to have a desperation. Even from the original aftermath of the war refugees have had a history of coming into Gloria and making a home, and while their general needs are taken care of they primarily still need a measure of entertainment. Art, culture, refinement to soothe and cultivate their radical viewpoints. For those that choose to stay, anyway. More begets more, and as they advertise what they've made, the people that come in learn to expect the finest arts, and to squint their eyes if it goes missing.

Meanwhile, the additional populace goes along the assembly line robots to

Rocket Relm

Rocket Relm

History/Government

Geography

People

Religion

Resource

Rocket Relm

Rocket Relm

Region 37 - Gloria

History/Government

Geography

People

Some measure of the elves here have been affected by the spillover of magic over the mountains from the west, and there is a mix of reverence and concern over the fallout. A splinter group that makes up an ethnic minority, Soltaurs, hold up in the western area near the mountains. When a human imagines a centaur they think of a man and a horse, but these are more like the union of an Elf and a Mountain Goat. Having weaker but more nimble bodies like deer, with quite strong muscles and balance capacities to traverse difficult terrain. Their skin is largely similar, although one can find at least a couple variants of Grigialfr, Lillalfr, and even Verdalfr, although the entire group is generally referred to as Soltaurs.

There is also within the strains of these elves some human blood floating around, from a time long before when a significant number of humans fled and immigrated over into the region. Solalfir therefore tend to on average have less angular features and elf distinguishing traits than other elf kinds, although the presence of actual native humans has dwindled down to essentially nothing over the course of thousands of years of crossbreeding.

Religion

Resource

to-do

Rocket Relm

Rocket Relm

(Some segments not done (geography, government, resources), I can feel my brain melting, and I'm putting this on pause before I mess it up by trying to force the rest. Honestly this itself might even be enough.)

Region 37 - Gloria

History

In past times, the magic pouring over the mountains from the west has given some traits to the elves living here, as well as humans that have fled over

to integrate, as well as mutating some of the elves that stayed too close to these hills. For a good long while there were fights and clashes over who could own what territories, many different pushes of this and that clan, most of which are now lost to memory. In the end, what remains is a relatively mixed bag of peoples that have a good amount of high quality lifestyle due to having been home to the Basu Rahaman Congolmerate Holdings and the uptick of overall quality brought by the rise of the Elect, but who have been mostly left to their own devices for the majority of their time. Despite their proximity to what is in short referred to as the BRG, they managed to only somewhat absorb media consumption culture into their lifestyles.

Geography

to-do

People

Some measure of the elves here have been affected by the spillover of magic over the mountains from the west, and there is a mix of reverence and concern over the fallout. A splinter group that makes up an ethnic minority, Soltaurs, hold up in the western area near the mountains. When a human imagines a centaur they think of a man and a horse, but these are more like the union of an Elf and a Mountain Goat. Having weaker but more nimble bodies like deer, with quite strong muscles and balance capacities to traverse difficult terrain. Their skin is largely similar, although one can find at least a couple variants of Grigialfr, Lillalfr, and even Verdalfr, although the entire group is generally referred to as Soltaurs.

There is also within the strains of these elves some human blood floating around, from a time long before when a significant number of humans fled and immigrated over into the region. Solalfir therefore tend to on average have less angular features and elf distinguishing traits than other elf kinds, although the presence of actual native humans has dwindled down to essentially nothing over the course of thousands of years of crossbreeding.

Government

to-do

Religion

Resource

to-do