Edit History

BladeofOblivion

BladeofOblivion

Show this

Hm. Another voice. A piercing shell into the solitude. Buck up, it's something, food for thought, and promises of food up ahead. Yes... lets put out a signal to chat before the grand finale.

"Anyone there? I'm probably speaking into the void, but incase I'm not, I figure it'd be nice to chat with the fellow racers. I may be too far behind though, but at the very least I won't break my losing streak."

During the Race -- The Long Straightaway, or the first Warzone (depending on who you ask)

"Bold of you to seek the attention of others.", Alud replied over comms. "Try not to broadcast your location to pirates without cause - though perhaps it will be an entertaining diversion."

During the Race -- The Khylosen Cluster, or the second Warzone (depending on who you ask)

The so-called Ring of Blood lay ahead. Alud Soom's mining laser had already run largely dry, no more than a shot or two left. The mass driver still had a few shots, at least. He'd have to make them count, which was easier said than done while moving in a serpentine formation to avoid his thrusters getting clipped by Khylokian fire. It had become increasingly clear to Alud, throughout this race, that he had an experience gap in three-dimensional movement: This might get him killed here - those utterly fearsome contenders with the Ram had already punched a hole through the worst of the raider presence moments before (and passed him, to his chagrin), but still one dogged pursuer remained on his tail.

"Iris. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I require your assistance with a targeting solution. We have a tail and the mass driver is front-mounted. I...am going to attempt what the youth call a 'backflip'."
"...Please do not say it like that. Fine."

He pulled up on the wheel hard and cut his thrust, sending blood rushing to his head as the already fast-moving vehicle inverted itself to pass through the barrier of viscous fluid. It was good that he had asked Iris to get a lock - he wasn't sure he could have aimed through the haze of red and the momentary dizziness. An electrical crack rang out as the mass driver fired, and the pursuing ship too wounded to continue. The checkpoint passed, Alud righted his vessel and set off once more into the next stretch.

BladeofOblivion

BladeofOblivion

During the Race -- The Khylosen Cluster, or the second Warzone (depending on who you ask)

The so-called Ring of Blood lay ahead. Alud Soom's mining laser had already run largely dry, no more than a shot or two left. The mass driver still had a few shots, at least. He'd have to make them count, which was easier said than done while moving in a serpentine formation to avoid his thrusters getting clipped by Khylokian fire. It had become increasingly clear to Alud, throughout this race, that he had an experience gap in three-dimensional movement: This might get him killed here - those utterly fearsome contenders with the Ram had already punched a hole through the worst of the raider presence moments before (and passed him, to his chagrin), but still one dogged pursuer remained on his tail.

"Iris. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I require your assistance with a targeting solution. We have a tail and the mass driver is front-mounted. I...am going to attempt what the youth call a 'backflip'."
"...Please do not say it like that. Fine."

He pulled up on the wheel hard and cut his thrust, sending blood rushing to his head as the already fast-moving vehicle inverted itself to pass through the barrier of viscous fluid. It was good that he had asked Iris to get a lock - he wasn't sure he could have aimed through the haze of red and the momentary dizziness. An electrical crack rang out as the mass driver fired, and the pursuing ship too wounded to continue. The checkpoint passed, Alud righted his vessel and set off once more into the next stretch.