Edit History

EmBark

EmBark

During the Race -- The Second Warzone

12 hours ago, Lumaeus said:

Rivals to Friends to Lovers

"Heh. Thought you might say that." Velocipede Excelsior smiles. "We've got two choices. One, we can stick around here and fiddle with that hunk of scrap until those slowpokes who think they're racers start to eat into our lead. Two, you hop into this thing and we win together. Dibs on the belt tho."

Velocipede leans over and, using his good hand, pushes open the passenger side door.

"There's just one seat, but if you don't mind getting a little cozy, we can blow this pop stand together."

SHOULD Ani-Quin choose to join Mekhala's most ungrounded racer, thing's'll get fun. If not, I guess VE still needs to get off the planet, so just ignore the speech:

"We don't have enough supplies to really get airborne and make it through the rest of the race, so we've gotta do something they always told me was impossible: the terrestrial barrel roll."

The doors lock as Excelsior pushes down on the gas. The Oily Thunder bounces and jolts across the surface of the planetoid, occasionally clearing the ground, but never high enough. Not until an almost invisible hill. The soon-to-be Champion is ready, and as soon as the car has five seconds of airtime, he hits the sequence of buttons to start the car spinning, and while in a state that can disperse the damage, he drops his penultimate nuke.

If anyone were conscious for it, it would be a heck*va 'splosion.

Ani-Quin considers the options. Their ship was well-made by their standards, but they also had made it largely with a box of scraps. All it would take would be one more unfortunate encounter with a warhead and they'd be done for. Naqi'a wouldn't be around to save them a second time.

"One second." They said. The grabbed their bag and everything else else loose around the cockpit they threw into it. Then they hopped out of their cockpit, opened a panel on the side of one of the thrusters, and decoupled something. Then they hopped to the Oily Thunder and scooted in next to Excelsior, bag in their lap, holding on to some device with a crystalline material in it.

"I'll need this one for my next ship." They explained. "Thanks for the assist, mister Excelsior."

They strapped in quickly as the Oily Thunder was closed up and was already underway. Ani-Quin fumbled a bit with a music player to liven things up for the final stretch of the race.

Then Velocipede Excelsior dropped a nuke.

Fraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak--!!

EmBark

EmBark

During the Race -- The Second Warzone

12 hours ago, Lumaeus said:

Rivals to Friends to Lovers

"Heh. Thought you might say that." Velocipede Excelsior smiles. "We've got two choices. One, we can stick around here and fiddle with that hunk of scrap until those slowpokes who think they're racers start to eat into our lead. Two, you hop into this thing and we win together. Dibs on the belt tho."

Velocipede leans over and, using his good hand, pushes open the passenger side door.

"There's just one seat, but if you don't mind getting a little cozy, we can blow this pop stand together."

SHOULD Ani-Quin choose to join Mekhala's most ungrounded racer, thing's'll get fun. If not, I guess VE still needs to get off the planet, so just ignore the speech:

"We don't have enough supplies to really get airborne and make it through the rest of the race, so we've gotta do something they always told me was impossible: the terrestrial barrel roll."

The doors lock as Excelsior pushes down on the gas. The Oily Thunder bounces and jolts across the surface of the planetoid, occasionally clearing the ground, but never high enough. Not until an almost invisible hill. The soon-to-be Champion is ready, and as soon as the car has five seconds of airtime, he hits the sequence of buttons to start the car spinning, and while in a state that can disperse the damage, he drops his penultimate nuke.

If anyone were conscious for it, it would be a heck*va 'splosion.

Ani-Quin considers the options. Their ship was well-made by their standards, but they also had made it largely with a box of scraps. All it would take would be one more unfortunate encounter with a warhead and they'd be done for. Naqi'a wouldn't be around to save them a second time.

"One second." They said. The grabbed their bag and everything else else loose around the cockpit they threw into it. Then they hopped out of their cockpit, opened a panel on the side of one of the thrusters, and decoupled something. Then they hopped to the Oily Thunder and scooted in next to Excelsior, bag in their lap, holding on to some device with a crystalline material in it.

"I'll need this one for my next ship." They explained. "Thanks for the assist, mister Excelsior."

They strapped in quickly as the Oily Thunder was closed up and was already underway.

Then Velocipede Excelsior dropped a nuke.

Fraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak--!!