Edit History

Inquisitor D

Inquisitor D

Mask.png.c9b222a919d51de344511fc0411d5070.png"... thank you."

Zefelle's words hit their mark. Irata exhales, taking a second to dab at her eyes. Looking a touch more composed, she nods to the halfling, "You're right. We're not all like Dame Reydan: charging into battle against the unclean. It's the ideal, but to be honest I'd rather spend time cross checking histories and compiling reports more than shooting anyone."

She glances at the gun behind her, a little ruefully. She shouldn't disrespect her weapon like that. But... well, she's not a born warrior. Better to accept that fact than lie. No sense in disrespecting Zabriel. "Not exactly what the fight needs. But as you say, it's just a question of being willing. Sooner or later I'm going to have to get use to it. And I have other skills. Even if I'm not the best hand with a gun, I'm still going to help."

Everyone doing their bit. That's why von Hoenheim had recruited her in the first place. Perhaps the old man still had something of his homeland in him. Irata glances around the room, finally better able to take in its inhabitants as individuals. They're a more diverse lot than she expected, but that makes her smile. "That's the Bürach way, right? Tolerance! Mixing all sorts of people with all sorts of different perspectives, to create something better. You have entire collages of magecraft, sanctioned by the crown! And the Empire's still around."

She should try to be friendly and positive to the locals. The order wants to be diplomatic with the city, right? And this really is one of Bürach's finer traits, if... questionable to most of the Inquisition. There's a reason a Certain Someone fled north. Starting to feel the benefits of a cosier atmosphere, Irata chuckles. "That's probably what drives the Blood Madder so crazy. Judging magic users in court? Having to prove wrongdoing? No one show her a history that actually talks about the Anchorages back during unification. The Inquisition kept arcanists on a short leash, but we used to be more... tolerant."

She sighs, more disappointed than angry. A familiar face is lingering in the corner of her mind's eye, smiling at her. Things would've been so much easier back then.

Inquisitor D

Inquisitor D

Mask.png.c9b222a919d51de344511fc0411d5070.png"... thank you."

Zefelle's words hit their mark. Irata exhales, taking a second to dab at her eyes. Looking a touch more composed, she nods to the halfling, "You're right. We're not all like Dame Reydan: charging into battle against the unclean. It's the ideal, but to be honest I'd rather spend time cross checking histories and compiling reports rather than shooting anyone."

She glances at the gun behind her, a little ruefully. She shouldn't disrespect her weapon like that. But... well, she's not a born warrior. Better to accept that fact than lie. No sense in disrespecting Zabriel. "Not exactly what the fight needs. But as you say, it's just a question of being willing. Sooner or later I'm going to have to get use to it. And I have other skills. Even if I'm not the best hand with a gun, I'm still going to help."

Everyone doing their bit. That's why von Hoenheim had recruited her in the first place. Perhaps the old man still had something of his homeland in him. Irata glances around the room, finally better able to take in its inhabitants as individuals. They're a more diverse lot than she expected, but that makes her smile. "That's the Bürach way, right? Tolerance! Mixing all sorts of people with all sorts of different perspectives, to create something better. You have entire collages of magecraft, sanctioned by the crown! And the Empire's still around."

She should try to be friendly and positive to the locals. The order wants to be diplomatic with the city, right? And this really is one of Bürach's finer traits, if... questionable to most of the Inquisition. There's a reason a Certain Someone fled north. Starting to feel the benefits of a cosier atmosphere, Irata chuckles. "That's probably what drives the Blood Madder so crazy. Judging magic users in court? Having to prove wrongdoing? No one show her a history that actually talks about the Anchorages back during unification. The Inquisition kept arcanists on a short leash, but we used to be more... tolerant."

She sighs, more disappointed than angry. A familiar face is lingering in the corner of her mind's eye, smiling at her. Things would've been so much easier back then.