Edit History

MidnightPoet

MidnightPoet

Zweitermon 24, Saturday Morning | The Red Masque Atelier | Lower Midtown, Altenheim

Weather: Heavy Fog

Soundtrack: Lapis Occultus (Lamia Vox)

image.png.f27b789fe0d1e618273142c58d30e115.pngThe Ringmaster chuckled as the group finished introducing themselves. There was a moment's pause as the fog stilled before he brought his hands together in light applause. As if given a command, the fog thinned and parted, fully revealing the table and the six figures standing around it.

"I applaud your honesty, and your courage to reveal your true names. I can already see you will get along well." The man announced with a showman's flourish. His High Bürach had the slightest hint of an accent, although it might simply be from the strong affectation of his performance.

"As you have read in the invitation, you were invited to the Society because an unsettling truth was revealed to you." He explained, "You have witnessed unspeakable horrors and the foulest tragedies. They have transformed you, body and mind, and yet you have not forsaken your humanity even as you depart from it. Truly, admirable."

"But, this is only the beginning of your journey into the Occult. For though, we may be considered heroes, we are also miserable wretches teetering on the edge of madness."

"To understand what I mean, you must have heard the voice whispering to you in the fog." The Ringmaster began his explanation. "That was the voice of madness and temptation. The Hearthkeepers call it 'The Beast' and suppress all mention of it, and for good reason."

"We in the Society do our best to fight monsters, but 60% of our targets are fellow Society members. That is why you are compartmentalized into individual cells. Corruption and destruction of a single cell, with only 5 members, can still be contained by the other Society members operating in the Empire."

"I must also inform you that the lure of the Beast only grows stronger the further you depart from Humanity."

Beast Dice Pool Tutorial

You have learned that adding dice to the Beast Pool will create risks for yourself and your companions. If the Pool reaches six, you risk having you or someone you know being inflicted with a Curse.

A curse will progress through four stages, inflicting increasingly serious penalties over the course of 21 days. If the curse is not removed or mitigated in this time, the afflicted will transform into a monster. The player may choose to take control of this monster and fight against the players as a co-GM.

The Ringmaster looks around at the group and asks, "Do you have any questions before I continue with the mission?"

MidnightPoet

MidnightPoet

Zweitermon 24, Saturday Morning | The Red Masque Atelier | Lower Midtown, Altenheim

image.png.f27b789fe0d1e618273142c58d30e115.pngThe Ringmaster chuckled as the group finished introducing themselves. There was a moment's pause as the fog stilled before he brought his hands together in light applause. As if given a command, the fog thinned and parted, fully revealing the table and the six figures standing around it.

"I applaud your honesty, and your courage to reveal your true names. I can already see you will get along well." The man announced with a showman's flourish. His High Bürach had the slightest hint of an accent, although it might simply be from the strong affectation of his performance.

"As you have read in the invitation, you were invited to the Society because an unsettling truth was revealed to you." He explained, "You have witnessed unspeakable horrors and the foulest tragedies. They have transformed you, body and mind, and yet you have not forsaken your humanity even as you depart from it. Truly, admirable."

"But, this is only the beginning of your journey into the Occult. For though, we may be considered heroes, we are also miserable wretches teetering on the edge of madness."

"To understand what I mean, you must have heard the voice whispering to you in the fog." The Ringmaster began his explanation. "That was the voice of madness and temptation. The Hearthkeepers call it 'The Beast' and suppress all mention of it, and for good reason."

"We in the Society do our best to fight monsters, but 60% of our targets are fellow Society members. That is why you are compartmentalized into individual cells. Corruption and destruction of a single cell, with only 5 members, can still be contained by the other Society members operating in the Empire."

"I must also inform you that the lure of the Beast only grows stronger the further you depart from Humanity."

Beast Dice Pool Tutorial

You have learned that adding dice to the Beast Pool will create risks for yourself and your companions. If the Pool reaches six, you risk having you or someone you know being inflicted with a Curse.

A curse will progress through four stages, inflicting increasingly serious penalties over the course of 21 days. If the curse is not removed or mitigated in this time, the afflicted will transform into a monster. The player may choose to take control of this monster and fight against the players as a co-GM.

The Ringmaster looks around at the group and asks, "Do you have any questions before I continue with the mission?"

MidnightPoet

MidnightPoet

"To understand what I mean, you must have heard the voice whispering to you in the fog." The Ringmaster began his explanation. "That was the voice of madness and temptation. The Hearthkeepers call it 'The Beast' and suppress all mention of it, and for good reason. We in the Society do our best to fight monsters, but 60% of our targets are fellow Society members. That is why you are compartmentalized into individual cells. Corruption and destruction of a single cell, with only 5 members, can still be contained by the other Society members operating in the Empire. I must also inform you that the lure of the Beast only grows stronger the further you depart from Humanity."

Beast Dice Pool Tutorial

MidnightPoet

MidnightPoet

"To understand what I mean, you must have heard the voice whispering to you in the fog." The Ringmaster began his explanation. "That was the voice of madness and temptation. The Hearthkeepers call it 'The Beast' and suppress all mention of it, and for good reason. We in the Society do our best to fight monsters, but 60% of our targets are fellow Society members. That is why you are compartmentalized into individual cells. Corruption and destruction of a single cell, with only 5 members, can still be contained by the other Society members operating in the Empire. I must also inform you that the lure of the Beast only grows stronger the further you depart from Humanity."

Beast Dice Pool Tutorial

A curse will progress through four stages, inflicting increasingly serious penalties over the course of 21 days. If the curse is not removed or mitigated in this time, the afflicted will transform into a monster. The player may choose to take control of this monster and fight to the best of their abilities as a co-GM.

MidnightPoet

MidnightPoet

"To understand what I mean, you must have heard the voice whispering to you in the fog." The Ringmaster began his explanation. "That was the voice of madness and temptation. The Hearthkeepers call it 'The Beast' and suppress all mention of it, and for good reason. We in the Society do our best to fight monsters, but 60% of our targets are fellow Society members. That is why you are compartmentalized into individual cells. Corruption and destruction of a single cell, with only 5 members, can still be contained by the other Society members operating in the Empire."

Beast Dice Pool Tutorial

A curse will progress through four stages, inflicting increasingly serious penalties over the course of 21 days. If the curse is not removed or mitigated in this time, the afflicted will transform into a monster. The player may choose to take control of this monster and fight to the best of their abilities as a co-GM.