Edit History

Inquisitor D

Inquisitor D

Mask.png.c9b222a919d51de344511fc0411d5070.pngIrata's inspection of the silverware proves less illuminating than she'd hoped. An overly close examination of the candles or mist would be rude, and getting in the society's good graces outweighs her needed to validate and understand her surroundings. Still, she has one card in her hand now. She's not sure what to do with it, but half from gratitude, half from instinct, she offers a brief aside to Zefelle under her breath. 

The Ringmaster's speech hits well for Irata. She nods at his every word: facing horror, that made sense. It sure felt like she was different after that. And now, she (and her new friends) are on the start of a journey - learning to hunt this sort of darkness. The explanation of the Beast makes her frown, though she's not scared just yet. Other society members being a concern - of course. Contact with the darkness could corrupt anyone. The Inquisitor nods sagely at the Ringmaster's final words: best to hold on to your morality, your humanity, to resist something like that.

At the request for any further questions, Irata's silent for a second, pondering. Then though, she shares one idea that came to her after the Ringmaster's speech. "Does the Society keep files on its members?"

She doesn't sound angry at that idea. What Inquisitor isn't used to being scrutinized? Irata's more curious about the logistics of the Society's operations. She even manages a smile. "Probably a good idea, given the targeting rate. You want to know who you're hunting. If I'm right though, you wouldn't grant them freely to members. It would let a compromised individual identify and infect other cells. So they'd be provided on an 'as needed' basis... right?"

She's fairly sure on her logic, but if she's wrong, best to learn now. And with that subject raised... she does have one more question. "I'm curious about the fog, too. I suspect a full explanation would take a while, but given the presence of Beast's voice... it's not exactly a meeting situation that leads to trust." Irata winces. She doesn't like pointing that out, but... it can't hurt to ask, can it? She raises her hands, waving off any immediate need to resolve this. "If you'd rather, I'm fine with tabling that question for now. The mission takes priority. But I would appreciate some explanation, even if it comes at a later point."

Inquisitor D

Inquisitor D

Mask.png.c9b222a919d51de344511fc0411d5070.pngIrata's inspection of the silverware proves less illuminating than she'd hoped. An overly close examination of the candles or mist would be rude, and getting in the society's good graces outweighs her needed to validate and understand her surroundings. Still, she has one card in her hand now. She's not sure what to do with it, but half from gratitude, half from instinct, she offers a brief aside to Zefelle under her breath. 

The Ringmaster's speech hits well for Irata. She nods at his every word: facing horror, that made sense. It sure felt like she was different after that. And now, she (and her new friends) are on the start of a journey - learning to hunt this sort of darkness. The explanation of the Beast makes her frown, though she's not scared just yet. Other society members being a concern - of course. Contact with the darkness could corrupt anyone. The Inquisitor nods sagely at the Ringmaster's final words: best to hold on to your morality, your humanity, to resist something like that.

At the request for any further questions, Irata's silent for a second, pondering. Then though, she shares one idea that came to her after the Ringmaster's speech. "Does the Society keep files on its members?"

She doesn't sound angry at that idea. What Inquisitor isn't used to being scrutinized? Irata's more curious about the logistics of the Society's operations. She even manages a smile. "Probably a good idea, given the targeting rate. You want to know who you're hunting. If I'm right though, you wouldn't grant them freely to members. It would let a compromised individual identify and infect other cells. So they'd be provided on an 'as needed' basis... right?"

She's fairly sure on her logic, but if she's wrong, best to learn now. And with that subject raised... she does have one more question. "I'm curious about the fog, too. I suspect a full explanation would take a while, but given the presence of Beast's voice... it's not exactly a meeting situation that leads to trust." Irata winces. She doesn't like pointing that out, but... it can't hurt to ask, can it? She raises her hands, waving off any immediate need to resolve this. "If you'd rather, I'm fine with tabling that question for now. The mission takes priority. But I would appreciate some explanation, even if it comes at a later point."

Inquisitor D

Inquisitor D

She's fairly sure on her logic, but if she's wrong, best to learn now. And with that subject raised... she does have one more question. "I'm curious about the fog. I suspect a full explanation would take a while, but given the presence of Beast's voice... it's not exactly a meeting situation that leads to trust." Irata winces. She doesn't like pointing that out, but... it can't hurt to ask, can it? She raises her hands, waving off any immediate need to resolve this. "If you'd rather, I'm fine with tabling that question for now. The mission takes priority. But I would appreciate some explanation, even if it comes at a later point."