Edit History

Cointhief

Cointhief

The crew takes their chances within the cave, seeking out the strangely shaped meteorite. The first thing you note about the tunnels is that they are remarkably similar to the tyrant vessel when you first arrived. Shorn from disintegration, covered in living slime, stank-nasty...it ticks all the boxes. It does however seem much older. Geological activity of the planet has cracked the ceiling in places, letting in dim starlight. The living slime is less slippery and more scabbed and calloused. The stinky whiffs are more of an old grandma stench than a overripe fruit.

Passing the first 30 ft or so of the cavern, the argumentative alien chatter grows louder exponentially. You note the passage ends with a sharp dropoff, like a cliff, but only 5 or 10 ft, into a large sunken floor.

A misshapen, vaguely oblong lump of metal sits in the middle of the chamber. Yes, if you were gloomy minded, it might resemble a coffin. The first thing that comes to mind however is the shell of a pecan or giant sunflower seed. A sliver of light streaming down on it from a hole in the cavern's ceiling gives the presumed adamantine a dark-blue sheen.

Hovering near the meteorite are two identical creatures, each one a slimy green orb with a large central eye and four writhing eyestalks about the size of a man. Gathered around them are half a dozen smaller creatures of similar shape, each no bigger than a grapefruit. Sitting on big boulder overlooking the chamber is a massive, yellow-skinned ogre with one cyclopean eye. The ogre yawns and blinks its one-eye slowly, appearing rather tired.

image.png.3dfb4ac584064f4f2c1516f28dc3f448.pngThe two larger ones are engaged in a surprisingly civil debate, the details of which only Louis can garner:

"I reckon it should be me guarding it. My fear ray can scare off anything that gets too close."

"Ha, mate that's a load of bollocks! I've got the paralysis ray that'll stop 'em in their tracks...then they wont be going no where, forward or back!"

"But oy, what if something tries to sneak past? You've got pink eye in one of your stalks...and its spreading."

"Your eyes might be clearer than mine, but my telepathic net can pick up anything conscious even farther than you can see!"

"Maybe we should settle this with a test of strength. Whoever can hold it the longest becomes its guardian."

Going on and on like this in circles, its easy to see why the cyclops is so bored.

"Stone the flamin' gulls, mate! A contest of magic would be better...wait, arbiters?"

The banter comes to an abrupt halt, and they both slowly turn in the party's direction. Simultaneously, a smile creeps along their gaping maws, and a telepathic voice invades everyone's psyche:

~Mysterious outsiders! I am Spectator Greelob. This is Spectator Orlob. Each of us claims the right to guard this meteorite, but only one of us may do so. We call upon you to mediate our dispute at once!!~

Something tells you they won't accept simply choosing one or another at random...but instead you will need a good argument to back up the reason for your selection.

OOC: Chamber here is roughly a 30ft diameter. Not including the passage you came though, there are 3 other passages leading out of it.

Cointhief

Cointhief

The crew takes their chances within the cave, seeking out the strangely shaped meteorite. The first thing you note about the tunnels is that they are remarkably similar to the tyrant vessel when you first arrived. Shorn from disintegration, covered in living slime, stank-nasty...it ticks all the boxes. It does however seem much older. Geological activity of the planet has cracked the ceiling in places, letting in dim starlight. The living slime is less slippery and more scabbed and calloused. The stinky whiffs are more of an old grandma stench than a overripe fruit.

Passing the first 30 ft or so of the cavern, the argumentative alien chatter grows louder exponentially. You note the passage ends with a sharp dropoff, like a cliff, but only 5 or 10 ft, into a large sunken floor.

A misshapen, vaguely oblong lump of metal sits in the middle of the chamber. Yes, if you were gloomy minded, it might resemble a coffin. The first thing that comes to mind however is the shell of a pecan or giant sunflower seed. A sliver of light streaming down on it from a hole in the cavern's ceiling gives the presumed adamantine a dark-blue sheen.

Hovering near the meteorite are two identical creatures, each one a slimy green orb with a large central eye and four writhing eyestalks about the size of a man. Gathered around them are half a dozen smaller creatures of similar shape, each no bigger than a grapefruit. Sitting on big boulder overlooking the chamber is a massive, yellow-skinned ogre with one cyclopean eye. The ogre yawns and blinks its one-eye slowly, appearing rather tired.

The two larger ones are engaged in a surprisingly civil debate, the details of which only Louis can garner:

"I reckon it should be me guarding it. My fear ray can scare off anything that gets too close."

"Ha, mate that's a load of bollocks! I've got the paralysis ray that'll stop 'em in their tracks...then they wont be going no where, forward or back!"

"But oy, what if something tries to sneak past? You've got pink eye in one of your stalks...and its spreading."

"Your eyes might be clearer than mine, but my telepathic net can pick up anything conscious even farther than you can see!"

"Maybe we should settle this with a test of strength. Whoever can hold it the longest becomes its guardian."

Going on and on like this in circles, its easy to see why the cyclops is so bored.

"Stone the flamin' gulls, mate! A contest of magic would be better...wait, arbiters?"

The banter comes to an abrupt halt, and they both slowly turn in the party's direction. Simultaneously, a smile creeps along their gaping maws, and a telepathic voice invades everyone's psyche:

~Mysterious outsiders! I am Spectator Greelob. This is Spectator Orlob. Each of us claims the right to guard this meteorite, but only one of us may do so. We call upon you to mediate our dispute at once!!~

Something tells you they won't accept simply choosing one or another at random...but instead you will need a good argument to back up the reason for your selection.

OOC: Chamber here is roughly a 30ft diameter. Not including the passage you came though, there are 3 other passages leading out of it.

Cointhief

Cointhief

A misshapen, vaguely oblong lump of metal sits in the middle of the chamber. Yes, if you were gloomy minded, it might resemble a coffin. The first thing that comes to mind however is the shell of a pecan. A sliver of light streaming down on it from a hole in the cavern's ceiling gives the presumed adamantine a dark-blue sheen.

The two larger ones are engaged in a surprisingly civil debate, the details of which only Louis can garner: